Trump goes after CEO that resigned from presidential council over Trump's response Charlottesville

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
You make that sound like a bad thing.
How?

By congratulating you?

Hey...if you want to think some convoluted, speculative, ulterior motive laden theory as to why these executives removed themselves from the council when they did to try and torpedo the council than the simple theory that they found Trump's initial response to Charlottesville distasteful and wrong...more power to you.

MindAflame

Lurking. Screwed.
A/V Subscriber
Mar 22, 2012
How?

By congratulating you?

Hey...if you want to think some convoluted, speculative, ulterior motive laden theory as to why these executives removed themselves from the council when they did to try and torpedo the council than the simple theory that they found Trump's initial response to Charlottesville distasteful and wrong...more power to you.
Convoluted? Try to torpedo the council? Deny they were unhappy with his response?

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
Sep 24, 2007
How?

By congratulating you?

Rube Goldberg would be pleased.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
Sep 24, 2007
I'm lost. I'm not defending Trump. I'm not attacking those who departed. I'm not proposing a convoluted plan, plot, or decision making process on their part.
It was convoluted when compared to the much simpler explanation, namely their stated reasons. To be fair, I'm sure they also wish to protect their brands. Odd times when serving on a presidential council is seen as a brand risk.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Convoluted? Try to torpedo the council? Deny they were unhappy with his response?
Will confess to having you confused with coolfog and not fully reading your response. I should not have done that.

Mea culpa.

Yes, having the opportunity to gain some additionally credibility in reversing a (possibly ill advised in their mind) initial decision may have been a bonus factor in doing it when they did.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
He fired with his eyes shut like a lib. Maybe he's a closet lib
Lol.

At least I'm man enough to admit when I misread someone's post and mistook them for an idiotic Trump cheerleader.

Maybe you're a moron....probably....given your posts in this thread.