Trump calls Military Spending...(that he approved)..."crazy".

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 20, 2018
It is crazy that he had to spend that much money to update our military because of Obama's complete decimation of it. It's also crazy we have to be the enforcer of the whole world when Europe and other NATO allies don't pay their fair share.

Trump's statements were accurate and were of NO indication he doesn't want to support our military. It's an assumption libturds made.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
It is crazy that he had to spend that much money to update our military because of Obama's complete decimation of it. It's also crazy we have to be the enforcer of the whole world when Europe and other NATO allies don't pay their fair share.

Trump's statements were accurate and were of NO indication he doesn't want to support our military. It's an assumption libturds made.
"Complete decimation"...? Explain, in detail.

Oh, and there's "libturds"! Good job, dude. That's some very intelligent discourse coming from an adult.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yep. Dropping the budget by more than $100 billion in 3 short years would decimate just about any business. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.
and it was still higher spending than the 2 previous admins that proceeded him. It even double the spending from the year 2000 at one point

You're looking for something on military spending that just simply isn't there. I know Trump said in 2016 that Obama gutted the military spending and crippled the US military....but if you look at actual military spending by year it just simply isn't True....you bought into a Trump alternative fact

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Since it's a government that works on even longer lead times than a lot of businesses, it is a bigger deal. You don't build a new fighter jet with one year's budget.
So you're saying that, the DAY that a new budget is approved, new fighter jet production starts? That they aren't concurrently building fighter jets regardless of what the defense budget is doing?

Also, why do you think we need such a huge defense budget? Justify it. Why do you think that we should meddle in other country's affairs? Dare I say, Trump hasn't escalated war operations, which I actually give him a bit of credit for.

Just define "decimate" IN THIS PARTICULAR INSTANCE, and then we'll all know where you stand.

Jul 20, 2018
and it was still higher spending than the 2 previous admins that proceeded him. It even double the spending from the year 2000 at one point

You're looking for something on military spending that just simply isn't there. I know Trump said in 2016 that Obama gutted the military spending and crippled the US military....but if you look at actual military spending by year it just simply isn't True....you bought into a Trump alternative fact
Trump was right and the Joint Chiefs of Staff support his statement. http://www.jcs.mil/Media/News/News-...2018-budget-will-continue-readiness-recovery/

You should stop watching MSNBC for all of your information.

Jul 20, 2018
What is so intelligent about spending more and more on the military every year while there is no major war going on? Obama's cuts eventually leveled out. The country has other important needs such as the infrastructure maintenance. Trump has complained before about how bad our airports are compared to foreign ones.
Ease up on federal reserve interest rate increases and we could do it all. Indeed, defense is a constitutional requirement. None of the other stuff is.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
What is so intelligent about spending more and more on the military every year while there is no major war going on? Obama's cuts eventually leveled out. Or is the sky only the limit with you when it comes to military spending? The country has other important needs such as the infrastructure maintenance. Trump has complained before about how bad our airports are compared to foreign ones.
I think you are misinterpreting my post. I definitely think military spending is insanely high. We could simply cut...$150 billion. And the military would still be perfectly fine. And we could spend that $150 billion on things like infrastructure repair, HUD, education spending, etc.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Trump was right and the Joint Chiefs of Staff support his statement. http://www.jcs.mil/Media/News/News-...2018-budget-will-continue-readiness-recovery/

You should stop watching MSNBC for all of your information.
in that they reference sequestration multiple times as the reason for military spending cuts....this was the result of the Budget Control ACT which was created by Congress to enact auto budge cuts to avoid raising the Debt Ceiling.......which if often called the Mitch McConnell mechanism as he was the one who designed it for another issue.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
There is information lacking here.

It's important to not necessarily know how much money was being spent as a sum amount, but how much money was being spent where.

You can spend a lot of money for example while at the same time letting your infrastructure deteriorate.