Trump calls for Russia to be reinstated to G-7

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The G7/G8 summit as the case may be is an unofficial forum which brings together the heads of the richest industrialized countries.

The summit is a venue for resolving differences among its members. As a practical matter, the summit was also conceived as an opportunity for its members to give each other mutual encouragement in the face of difficult economic decisions. The G-8 has become a forum for political and strategic discussions, and as a caucus within the G-20.

Gee, it's not like were giving Russia $1.5 B in cash or allowing them access to our banks in violation of the law.......
Russia's economy is currently smaller than Australia..bot really a powerhouse economy

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Alright! Whataboutism's knight and chief troll first to respond! Hi Cim, some things never change lol.
Cim's post was a direct response to your statement about never seeing a president do this or that, that's not whataboutism, that's simply pointing out your own hypocrisy on the subject.

It's funny how only one side at at time is against whataboutism and then when the White House changes hands, the two sides flip flop. If you have used whataboutism in the past or will use it in the future then you really should get down off your high horse. However, IF you haven't or won't, then by all means I sincerely apologize. (although somebody as biased as you probably truly believes you don't engage in such things and for that I'm sorry for a different reason)

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
So would it be ok to invite China? They are the biggest dog not at the table.

I know nothing of the politics behind this so maybe there is a reason there

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Russia was a member until they invaded Ukraine and illegally annexed Crimea. What are we even talking about?
I understand, but to suggest (that some of) that Trumps position is somehow because he’s cozy with Russia is ignorance of the issues. It’s Trump which puts many on the left into full nuts mode.