Trump authorizes $6.6 million in funding to Syrian Civil Defense also know as White Helmets

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The US froze funding to the group in May and several extreme right groups in the US has labeled them as ISIS or Al-Qaeda members that are supported by MSM propaganda

Russia and Syria had undertaken an online blitz against the group painting them as terrorist.

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1007246276004663296

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The US froze funding to the group in May and several extreme right groups in the US has labeled them as ISIS or Al-Qaeda members that are supported by MSM propaganda

Russia and Syria had undertaken an online blitz against the group painting them as terrorist.

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1007246276004663296
So, you're supporting Russia and Syria on this?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So, you're supporting Russia and Syria on this?
This group had met with Trump Admin officials at Foggy Bottom back in May of this year. From that meeting it was determined that the Trump Admin was considering an additional $200 million per year deal for Syrian humanitarian aid....this after the State Dept last year announced a $700 million in additional Syrian aid.

Since 2012 the US has sent $7 billion to Syria for humanitarian aid....of which $88 million went to Jordan, $35 million to Turkey, $29 million to Lebanon, $15 million to Iraq, and $13 million to Egypt for Syrian refugees.

I was hoping that a Trump admin would stop this funding or slow it down, but with this announcement today that doesn't seem to be the case as releasing this money is a good sign that some if not all of the additional $200 million discussed at Foggy Bottom might go through which means the Trump Admin would have sent $900 million to Syria so far.

It is a continuing the cycle of reckless spending of the Obama Admin to countries that want us destroyed

Mar 9, 2004
Edmond, OK
This group had met with Trump Admin officials at Foggy Bottom back in May of this year. From that meeting it was determined that the Trump Admin was considering an additional $200 million per year deal for Syrian humanitarian aid....this after the State Dept last year announced a $700 million in additional Syrian aid.

Since 2012 the US has sent $7 billion to Syria for humanitarian aid....of which $88 million went to Jordan, $35 million to Turkey, $29 million to Lebanon, $15 million to Iraq, and $13 million to Egypt for Syrian refugees.

I was hoping that a Trump admin would stop this funding or slow it down, but with this announcement today that doesn't seem to be the case as releasing this money is a good sign that some if not all of the additional $200 million discussed at Foggy Bottom might go through which means the Trump Admin would have sent $900 million to Syria so far.

It is a continuing the cycle of reckless spending of the Obama Admin to countries that want us destroyed
So humanitarian aid is reckless spending? Or it is only if it's going to help Muslims?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

This money isn't going to any country.

The money you listed above comes a bit over $1B. Where did the other $6B go under Obama since 2012? That's $1.5B/year under Obama. Trump, by your account, is coming in at less than 1/3 of that.

The White Helmets are a volunteer organization that operates in rebel controlled Syria to carry out search and rescue in response to bombing, medical evacuation, and evacuation of civilians from danger areas.

Thats reckless spending? Especially given that it was the US which in a large part is responsible for the unrest in the region.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
This money isn't going to any country.

The money you listed above comes a bit over $1B. Where did the other $6B go under Obama since 2012? That's $1.5B/year under Obama. Trump, by your account, is coming in at less than 1/3 of that.

The White Helmets are a volunteer organization that operates in rebel controlled Syria to carry out search and rescue in response to bombing, medical evacuation, and evacuation of civilians from danger areas.

Thats reckless spending? Especially given that it was the US which in a large part is responsible for the unrest in the region.
The other $6 billion went to Syria.

I don't care how much Trump is accountable for. It is spending that we shouldn't be doing.

Tell me again how the US is responsible for the US Syrian Civil war?

Are you taking Russia and Assad's side on this?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
The other $6 billion went to Syria.

I don't care how much Trump is accountable for. It is spending that we shouldn't be doing.

Tell me again how the US is responsible for the US Syrian Civil war?

Are you taking Russia and Assad's side on this?
So Obama was funding Syria, a country that is funding terrorism?

First you were hoping Trump would slow it down. I showed he was and now you argue we shouldn't be doing it?

Now you're making things up, where did I say the US was responsible for the Syrian Civil War? I said they are in a large part responsible for much of the unrest in the region. The US has been arming anti-Assad rebel groups and bombing ISIL targets since 2014.

Your only concern seems to be to critize Trump for something for which you don't seem to have a consistant postion on?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
And so is Trump to the tune of $700 last year...do you not see a problem with this?
Humanitarian assistance for the people of Syria, not for the government.

By the way you didn't upset me, just trying to figure out what your position is. Perhaps you did, but I don't seem to remember you having issues with Obama over the previous 8 years sending far more to the region.