Trump announces tariff on all Mexican imports

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Trump has clearly lost his marbles on this stunt.... enough with tariffs already - this has nothing to do with trade. His actions are hurting Americans, and the cost will be paid by the US Citizens, and Mexico doesn't care and won't do anything because they make more money by their people coming here.

Maybe it's another Trump Ploy to motivate the Dims to take action on the border, if they're so opposed to tariffs.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Yeah tell me how that works out when you buy your next bottle of tequila, or produce shipped in
We'll see. The past hysteria over "oh my god, just wait to you see how much avacados are gonna cost." never materialized. Where I live, I've seen a drop in price, actually.

Moving on from that, if people don't see how Trump uses these threats by now, I don't know what to tell you.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I disagree with the tariffs but do think Mexico needs to do more to help with the border crisis. Would prefer a better way to deal with it...cut government aid to them before going the tariff route.

And of course if the Dems in this country would actually help fix this problem instead of actively making it worse, extreme measures like this might not even happen.

Jul 20, 2018
I disagree with the tariffs but do think Mexico needs to do more to help with the border crisis. Would prefer a better way to deal with it...cut government aid to them before going the tariff route.

And of course if the Dems in this country would actually help fix this problem instead of actively making it worse, extreme measures like this might not even happen.
That's the point. Trump has limited powers so he's going to do what he can to bring about change. You've got to hit people in the pocketbook to get their attention.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
That's the point. Trump has limited powers so he's going to do what he can to bring about change. You've got to hit people in the pocketbook to get their attention.
All they have to do is raise their price and pass the pocketbook punch on to the American consumer. Trump keeps punching us in the pocketbook.

Want to hit them in the pocketbook just cut their aid $$'s from the US. They can't pass that off to the American Consumer.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
All they have to do is raise their price and pass the pocketbook punch on to the American consumer. Trump keeps punching us in the pocketbook.

Want to hit them in the pocketbook just cut their aid $$'s from the US. They can't pass that off to the American Consumer.
Specifically what do you purchase that has gone up as a result of tariffs?