Trump announces 2 yr budget deal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
increase spending caps by $320 billion

Conservatives are not happy.

Rep. Mark Walker (R-N.C.), a member of House leadership, tweeted out a gif of the Joker burning a giant pile of cash when the announcement came out.
Our credit card is maxed out,” he wrote in a follow-up Tweet. “What this budget deal does is ask the credit card company for another $320 billion in credit NOW for the chance to get paid back $75 billion in a decade. No bank would take that. American taxpayers shouldn’t either,”

Rep Chip Roy R-Tex and member of the House Freedom Caucus sent a letter to Trump voicing his opposition and has told the media he is trying to energize conservatives to defeat the bill

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget said that the deal would cost $1.7 Trillion over a decade and add 5% to the debt in the next 10 years

The House Freedom Caucus said
President Trump will have set the record for the largest increases in federal spending in the history of our country, surpassing George W. Bush's Republican record,"

Adam Brandon the President of Conservative activist group FreedomWorks called the budget deal a disgrace

The Drudge Report called it a Spending, Debt, Blowout

Heritage Foundation scholar Paul Winfree said
This deal comes less than four years after President Trump campaigned to balance the budget by cutting spending and after his administration produced three budgets to move toward fiscal sustainability,”
“If President Trump takes this deal — the worst in a decade — his fiscal legacy will be no different than the Obama and Bush administrations that he has criticized,

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The proposed budget would also suspend the debt ceiling and allow more govt borrowing until July 21, 2021.

Rand Paul "It would be a huge mistake if the Republican leadership agrees to this."

Texas Republican Rep. John Cornyn told Fox News, "I wish we could address debt and deficit reduction. But it’s not going to happen on this deal."

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Some things in DC never change no matter who is in charge. We the people are idiots and our grandchildren will pay the price for it. The house is supposed to control the purse strings so I guess we know there is one thing the Dems won't oppose Trump on...spending money.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Some things in DC never change no matter who is in charge. We the people are idiots and our grandchildren will pay the price for it. The house is supposed to control the purse strings so I guess we know there is one thing the Dems won't oppose Trump on...spending money.
Actually I've read two Dems speak out against it saying it provides too much Non Discretionary spending power by the Government which isn't attributed to budget needs which could be used unwisely and can be moved by the Trump Admin to spend it on what ever they want.

It is kind of scary when even some Dems are speaking out about the deal giving the Govt too much money

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Inhofe has said he supports it but was disappointed because he wanted more spending on Defense. Budget calls for $733 Billion in Defense spending and he wanted $750 Billion

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Actually I've read two Dems speak out against it saying it provides too much Non Discretionary spending power by the Government which isn't attributed to budget needs which could be used unwisely and can be moved by the Trump Admin to spend it on what ever they want.

It is kind of scary when even some Dems are speaking out about the deal giving the Govt too much money
actually... the Dems were ONLY AFRAID that Trump would spend the money on a Wall, because language preventing that was not included.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
The proposed budget would also suspend the debt ceiling and allow more govt borrowing until July 21, 2021.

Rand Paul "It would be a huge mistake if the Republican leadership agrees to this."

Texas Republican Rep. John Cornyn told Fox News, "I wish we could address debt and deficit reduction. But it’s not going to happen on this deal."
I hope this nonsense gets voted down.... I would prefer a another government shutdown as opposed to not discussing budgets for that long.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

I stand corrected, I guess there really are some Dems who will oppose anything Trump does even if they would jump for joy for anyone else doing it.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Democrat = Proud of poor fiscal responsibility
Republican = Says what I want to hear but spends like a Democrat.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Just heard McConnell singing the praises of this budget. We the people have officially lost the fight for limited government.

One more reason to be mad about all this collusion / obstruction nonsense is that we spend so much time on it and so little time on actual important things like this.

If the media would actually report news, maybe there could have been a chance to make enough noise and cause some members of Congress to vote against it, but no instead it's Mueller, impeach, rabble, rabble, rabble.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Just heard McConnell singing the praises of this budget. We the people have officially lost the fight for limited government.

One more reason to be mad about all this collusion / obstruction nonsense is that we spend so much time on it and so little time on actual important things like this.

If the media would actually report news, maybe there could have been a chance to make enough noise and cause some members of Congress to vote against it, but no instead it's Mueller, impeach, rabble, rabble, rabble.
Nadler's in court today trying to get yet another shot at re-hearing Mueller's hearings.:facepalm:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Nadler's in court today trying to get yet another shot at re-hearing Mueller's hearings.:facepalm:
Heard today that almost every committee in the House has sent subpoenas. Collectively, they are after every single text message and email, both business and personal, of every person even remotely connected to the White House....and tax records for many of those people as well.

They're making it nearly impossible for anyone to work for Trump without having their entire life ripped apart. It's not just insanity...it's outright evil IMO.