Trump admin rescinds approval for immigrants in the US seeking medical treatment not available in their home country. They must leave by Sept 9

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The US grants access to aprox 1,000 immigration applicants per year for immigrants and their families (if it is a child) for them to come to the US to seek medical treatment when the treatment needed is not available in their home countries.

All current immigrants granted this deferred action in US at this time were recently sent letters informing them a new policy was in place which would retroactively go into effect as of Aug 7th and they must leave the country no later than Sept 9th or face being deported. This will also end this practice in the future

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services said the policy change was due to them no longer considering any nonmilitary request for deferred action in order to faithfully administer the nations lawful immigration system.

The policy change was not announced publicly. ICE officials have said they were not aware of the policy change until the Media reports and were unsure how they would enforce at this time.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...m-immigrants-medical-issues/story?id=65252446

Last edited:

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
The US grants access to aprox 1,000 immigration applicants per year for immigrants and their families (if it is a child) for them to come to the US to seek medical treatment when the treatment needed is not available in their home countries.

All current immigrants granted this deferred action in US at this time were recently sent letters informing them a new policy was in place which would retroactively go into effect as of Aug 7th and they must leave the country no later than Sept 9th or face being deported. This will also end this practice in the future

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services said the policy change was due to them no longer considering any nonmilitary request for deferred action in order to faithfully administer the nations lawful immigration system.

The policy change was not announced publicly. ICE officials have said they were not aware of the policy change until the Media reports and were unsure how they would enforce at this time.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...m-immigrants-medical-issues/story?id=65252446
Trump admin rescinds approval for immigrants in the US seeking FREE medical treatment not available in their home country.

Fify

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Trump admin rescinds approval for immigrants in the US seeking FREE medical treatment not available in their home country.

Fify
When money becomes more important than human life... especially for children..then I think we as humans have lost our way

As a govt we bash planned Parenthood for profiting off abortion then turn around as a govt and cite money as the reason to end life giving care because the recipient wasn't born on the correct piece of Earth with imaginary lines we drew in it

We are a strange people...humanity is so odd

Feb 13, 2010
Back in God's country!
When money becomes more important than human life... especially for children..then I think we as humans have lost our way

As a govt we bash planned Parenthood for profiting off abortion then turn around as a govt and cite money as the reason to end life giving care because the recipient wasn't born on the correct piece of Earth with imaginary lines we drew in it

So where DO we draw the line? Should we invite/allow anyone and everyone who wants free health care in to the US to get free health care? And who is going to pay for that free health care?

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head

Ah yes, the dem mantra. Tell me that when the left starts worrying about the constant supply of young black boys killed monthly in the dem controlled cities like Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, etc, etc, etc. As long as there's a way to attempt to tie anything to Trump it's OMG. Dems fiddling while young black Americans are shot like fish in a barrel is an epidemic so long ignored as to be non-existent. Got a cogent explanation for the discrepancy in (selective) outrage? I damn sure do.

The empty "for the children" lie uttered by the dems for the last 55 years has run its course.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

This is something my 22 year old daughter would say.

Yeah, they're just imaginary lines. People within those "imaginary lines" haven't done a damn thing within their "lines" over the course of centuries to make life better for people within those "lines."

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Ah yes, the dem mantra. Tell me that when the left starts worrying about the constant supply of young black boys killed monthly in the dem controlled cities like Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, etc, etc, etc. As long as there's a way to attempt to tie anything to Trump it's OMG. Dems fiddling while young black Americans are shot like fish in a barrel is an epidemic so long ignored as to be non-existent. Got a cogent explanation for the discrepancy in (selective) outrage? I damn sure do.

The empty "for the children" lie uttered by the dems for the last 55 years has run its course.
So, Trump's solution is for the police to go into high crime neighborhoods and take guns away from armed people in the street. I doubt 2nd Amendment supporters support doing that.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond

Our healthcare system cannot take care of its own people, but we should take care of others?

edit: Why wouldn't the person's own government assist in stuff like this, both financially and otherwise?

Last edited: