Trump Admin now caught in its own Russian Bought Uranium scandal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Key difference being that HIS party is the one that are raising the concerns...
So if the Dems come out and say Uranium 1 was bad then the Uranium 1 thing can go to bed?

The difference here is Congress is doing their job and questioning it this time...they failed miserably last time.

The Admin's in the Executive branch are doing the exact same thing...making a deal with Russia over enriched Uranium

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
What scandal? You mean like the "nothing to see here" Hildebeast uranium sale? There's no scandal in uranium sales. :derp:
Ahh the Hilary did it in Obama's Admin so Perry can do it in Trump's admin argument.

:derp::derp:

Whataboutism at its finest. I'm starting to think Whataboutism is going to destroy this country for good as power overreaches and stupid decisions are accepted based on party lines and justified via whataboutism regardless if your a Dem or Rep.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Key difference being that HIS party is the one that are raising the concerns...
So if the Dems come out and say Uranium 1 was bad then the Uranium 1 thing can go to bed?

The difference here is Congress is doing their job and questioning it this time...they failed miserably last time.

The Admin's in the Executive branch are doing the exact same thing...making a deal with Russia over enriched Uranium
No, they've made it clear where they stand on it. I'm just glad that the gop is being consistent with their "selling uranium to Russia is bad" mindset.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Unless I missed something in the story, the gov't contract requires a US owned company to enrich the uranium and Centrus is the only one that qualifies. Not sure how you can have a competitive bid in this situation. Add to this that Centrus was formerly a US gov't owned enterprise that was privatized in 1998. They source their Uranium from Russia but could source it from Canada or Australia.

Jul 20, 2018
Unless I missed something in the story, the gov't contract requires a US owned company to enrich the uranium and Centrus is the only one that qualifies. Not sure how you can have a competitive bid in this situation. Add to this that Centrus was formerly a US gov't owned enterprise that was privatized in 1998. They source their Uranium from Russia.
Shhh. It's a scandal and Rick Perry is a moron.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Shhh. It's a scandal and Rick Perry is a moron.
I know ...but from the article:

The problem of having no reliable domestic nuclear fuel source is the primary reason Centrus was able to win the Energy Department contract. According to Everett Redmond, a senior technical adviser at the Nuclear Energy Institute trade group, currently, the only other companies with the capacity to produce enriched uranium are Russian-owned.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
You said it so it must be true.

To be fair, I have no opinion of Rick Perry. When I saw he was the designated survivor the other night it donned on me I'd forgotten he was a cabinet member
However many nights ago that was, is that many more nights than it's been for me... lol. I just realized when I read this thread today...

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Ahh the Hilary did it in Obama's Admin so Perry can do it in Trump's admin argument.

:derp::derp:

Whataboutism at its finest. I'm starting to think Whataboutism is going to destroy this country for good as power overreaches and stupid decisions are accepted based on party lines and justified via whataboutism regardless if your a Dem or Rep.
Bullshit at its finest. Never noticed your concern when that cow was bending over forward to please Putin using our uranium. Ever the dem excuse machine in place to protect her.

Should have said bullshit and hypocrisy at their finest. :derp::derp:

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Rick Perry awarded a no bid contract for $115 million in enriched Uranium. GOP Senators are calling him out on it

https://washingtonpress.com/2019/02...115m-russian-bought-uranium-contract-scandal/
Did you even read the article.

There is exactly 1 U.S. company that can do the work and he contacted with them. Somehow this gets spun into working with the Russians when the reality is the company is in economic trouble and may not be a good supplier albeit they are the only option. How stupid can the press get when spinning stuff.