True Detective season 2

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
Yeah they have already shown they love flashbacks. I'm guessing he gets a few more episodes of nothing but Vince Vaughn recalling conversations.

Jul 29, 2005
Loved season 1. Pretty disappointing so far for season 2. Not digging the characters or acting yet. California cop show...how original. Notice how the main characters are mad all the time. Season 1, Woody's character balanced Rust's negative vibe for awhile until you realized he too was a mess. Season 2 is trying too hard to show all as malcontents and there is no balance yet.

Here's hoping the crow killer is worth the watch.

Nov 26, 2008
I just don't think it's going to work out so well with so many characters. Part of what made the first season great was just the focus on two guys and being able to tell their stories to such a degree. It wouldn't have had the impact it did if they were trying to tell 4 people's stories in Season 1

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
It's still a really good show. If you had never heard of True Detective and this was the first few episodes you had seen I think most would be singing its praises......but it's following an incredible first season and thus being judged more harshly than it should IMO.

internationalaw

Reading about OSU football somewhere
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2010
USA
That last scene, whoa...didn't see something like that happening. Little disappointed that Mr. Military Special Ops Mercenary wasn't a little more badass in that scene, though. It's like an NBA player (him) vs good high school players (them)....all well.

Lafferty Daniel

Territorial Marshal
May 18, 2008
Oklahoma City
That last scene, whoa...didn't see something like that happening. Little disappointed that Mr. Military Special Ops Mercenary wasn't a little more badass in that scene, though. It's like an NBA player (him) vs good high school players (them)....all well.
I wasn't a big fan of episode 4 until that last scene. There was way too much going on for my liking during the first 45 minutes.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I think all the actors this season will do a terrific job... except I'm curious about Vince Vaughn. He has essentially played the same character in everything I've ever seen him in. Even in his non-comedies he has some mannerisms and tone that he can't seem to shake. I'm gong to be really interested, and it will be a testament to the director if he can pull this off.
VV has been really good. He's not my favorite actor. But he has really stepped outside his skin on this one.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Yeah, the shoot em up scene was one of the better ones I've seen in a while. Ran it back a couple of times to watch it again. VERY intense.

They were set up, the bad guys knew they were coming.

Nov 26, 2008
One thing about tonight's episode...there was actually some progress rather than endless personal backstories and personal drama. Some is good, but when you practically forget it's a show about detectives that's an issue.

Nov 26, 2008
It's definitely picking up steam with the last couple episodes especially this last Sunday. Only 2 episodes left, but it feels like there should be a few more. They're going to pack in a lot of stuff in 2 hours to wrap up everything.

And yes, so many titties. So, so many titties

Jun 20, 2012
pourmecoffee
pourmecoffee – Verified account ‏@pourmecoffee

True Detective Season 3 should be an investigation into what went wrong with True Detective Season 2. I feel like we're owed that.
6:40 PM - 9 Aug 2015
673 RETWEETS754 FAVORITES

Yup. That person said it best.

Nov 26, 2008
True Detective Season 3 should be Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman bringing back their characters from Seven for one last case

Mar 23, 2013
Everything to Know (So Far) About True Detective Season 3
The first look at new episodes of Nic Pizzolatto’s anthology crime drama puts Mahershala Ali in the Ozarks.

Here’s the most up-to-date information about the third installment of the Golden Globe and Emmy-winning series.

What’s it about? Partner detectives investigate a macabre crime involving two missing children in the heart of the Ozarks, Arkansas. The story spans three decades.

When will it premiere? The third season is set to premiere January 2019 on HBO, HBO NOW, HBO GO and HBO On Demand.

Who’s in it? Oscar winner Mahershala Ali (Moonlight, House of Cards) will play detective Wayne Hays, a state police detective from Northwest Arkansas. Stephen Dorff (Somewhere, Immortals) is set to play Arkansas State Investigator Roland West. Carmen Ejogo (Selma, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) will play school teacher Amelia Reardon, who is connected to two missing children.

Additional cast members include Josh Hopkins, who will play Jim Dobkins, a private attorney in Fayetteville, Arkansas involved in deposing state police detectives in an ongoing investigation. Scoot McNairy is Tom, a father who suffers a terrible loss which ties his fate to that of two state police detectives over ten years. Mamie Gummer stars as Lucy Purcell, a young mother of two at the center of a tragic crime. Jodi Balfour, Lonnie Chavis, Ray Fisher, Michael Greyeyes, Jon Tenney, Rhys Wakefield, Sarah Gadon, Emily Nelson, Brandon Flynn and Michael Graziadei also star.

How many episodes will there be? Pizzolatto has scripted eight episodes for Season 3, co-writing Episode 4 with David Milch. The new season will mark Pizzolatto’s directorial debut; Jeremy Saulnier (Blue Ruin, Green Room) will also direct.

What’s happening behind the scenes? Pizzolatto and Saulnier will executive produce along with Scott Stephens, Season 1’s Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, as well as Cary Joji Fukunaga, Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Richard Brown.

https://www.hbo.com/true-detective/season-3/season-3-everything-you-need-to-know-cast-trailer

You can watch a preview of Season 3.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
The first look at new episodes of Nic Pizzolatto’s anthology crime drama puts Mahershala Ali in the Ozarks.

Here’s the most up-to-date information about the third installment of the Golden Globe and Emmy-winning series.

What’s it about? Partner detectives investigate a macabre crime involving two missing children in the heart of the Ozarks, Arkansas. The story spans three decades.

When will it premiere? The third season is set to premiere January 2019 on HBO, HBO NOW, HBO GO and HBO On Demand.

Who’s in it? Oscar winner Mahershala Ali (Moonlight, House of Cards) will play detective Wayne Hays, a state police detective from Northwest Arkansas. Stephen Dorff (Somewhere, Immortals) is set to play Arkansas State Investigator Roland West. Carmen Ejogo (Selma, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) will play school teacher Amelia Reardon, who is connected to two missing children.

Additional cast members include Josh Hopkins, who will play Jim Dobkins, a private attorney in Fayetteville, Arkansas involved in deposing state police detectives in an ongoing investigation. Scoot McNairy is Tom, a father who suffers a terrible loss which ties his fate to that of two state police detectives over ten years. Mamie Gummer stars as Lucy Purcell, a young mother of two at the center of a tragic crime. Jodi Balfour, Lonnie Chavis, Ray Fisher, Michael Greyeyes, Jon Tenney, Rhys Wakefield, Sarah Gadon, Emily Nelson, Brandon Flynn and Michael Graziadei also star.

How many episodes will there be? Pizzolatto has scripted eight episodes for Season 3, co-writing Episode 4 with David Milch. The new season will mark Pizzolatto’s directorial debut; Jeremy Saulnier (Blue Ruin, Green Room) will also direct.

What’s happening behind the scenes? Pizzolatto and Saulnier will executive produce along with Scott Stephens, Season 1’s Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, as well as Cary Joji Fukunaga, Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Richard Brown.

https://www.hbo.com/true-detective/season-3/season-3-everything-you-need-to-know-cast-trailer

Best series I have seen!!

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

So, the kids from Netflix Ozark go missing?