TROLL: Trump Posts Old Video Of Obama To Explain The Border Crisis For Him "President Obama, thank you for your great support – I have been saying thi

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 7, 2004
TROLL: Trump Posts Old Video Of Obama To Explain The Border Crisis For Him
"President Obama, thank you for your great support – I have been saying this all along!"
SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images

By AMANDA PRESTIGIACOMO
@AMANDAPRESTO
January 10, 2019
56.2k views
President Donald Trump posted a video from his predecessor, former President Barack Obama, to social media on Thursday explaining the crisis at the southern border for him.

In a video from his tenure in the White House, Obama, standing alongside then-Vice President Joe Biden, tells the American people that it's time to set politics aside and handle the humanitarian crisis at the border.
"We now have an actual humanitarian crisis on the border that only underscores the need to drop the politics and fix our immigration system once and for all," Obama says.
Trump captioned the post on both Twitter and Instagram, "President Obama, thank you for your great support – I have been saying this all along!"
President Trump specifically talked about the humanitarian crises at the southern border in an Oval Office address to the American people on Tuesday.
"Tonight, I am speaking to you because there is a growing humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border," the president started his speech, adding, "This is a humanitarian crisis — a crisis of the heart and a crisis of the soul. Last month, 20,000 migrant children were illegally brought into the United States — a dramatic increase. These children are used as human pawns by vicious coyotes and ruthless gangs. One in three women are sexually assaulted on the dangerous trek up through Mexico. Women and children are the biggest victims, by far, of our broken system."

The government has been partially shutdown for some 20 days now as President Trump and Democrats negotiate a deal regarding the security of our southern border. Top Democrats have flat out refused to fund a wall because it will be a waste of government spending (you know how much Democrats care about fiscal responsibility) and, as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) put it, the wall is an "immorality."
Oddly enough, top Democrats claim they do, however, want border security. It's unclear why border security is not an "immortally" but a wall is. And it's fair to mention that leading Democrats, such as Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), and others have actually called for the abolition of ICE. In other words, Democrats are not really in sync over their claim to want to control the border and deal with illegal immigration.
During his tenure in office, Obama was meme'd as the "Deporter in Chief" for the large number of deportations carried out under his administration. "Between 2009 and 2015 [Obama's] administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who 'self-deported' or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)," ABC reported in 2016.

WATCH:

President Obama, thank you for your great support – I have been saying this all along!​
"

Jul 7, 2004
CNN’s Jim Acosta mocked for accidentally proving that border walls work

By Brian Flood| Fox News

President Trump vows not to cave on demand for border wall with Mexico, says he has the absolute right to declare a national emergency if he can't reach a deal with the Democrats.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi might want to confiscate someone’s selfie stick.
CNN’s Jim Acosta was mocked across social media on Thursday for posting a video that was meant to downplay President Trump's claims of a border crisis -- but ended up supporting his argument that border barriers improve security.

“Here are some of the steel slats that the president’s been talking about,” Acosta said while reporting from the southern border. “But as we’re walking along here, we’re not seeing any kind of imminent danger.”
MEDIA ACKNOWLEDGED ‘EPIC’ BORDER CRISIS UNDER OBAMA – WHAT CHANGED?
The CNN reporter added, “There are no migrants trying to rush toward this fence.”

I found some steel slats down on the border. But I don’t see anything resembling a national emergency situation.. at least not in the McAllen TX area of the border where Trump will be today.​

Acosta then declared there was “no sign of the national emergency that the president has been talking about” and it was “tranquil” near him. He captioned the video, “I found some steel slats down on the border. But I don’t see anything resembling a national emergency situation.. at least not in the McAllen TX area of the border where Trump will be today.”
Early Thursday evening, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders retweeted Acosta’s tweet with a proud clapback: “When I went with President @realDonaldTrump to the border today I never imagined @Acosta would be there doing our job for us and so clearly explaining why WALLS WORK. Thanks Jim!”
When I went with President @realDonaldTrump to the border today I never imagined @Acosta would be there doing our job for us and so clearly explaining why WALLS WORK. Thanks Jim!​

CNN’s chief White House correspondent – who seemingly uploaded the video from a local Burger King – is in Texas awaiting Trump’s border visit. While Acosta often clashes with the president and his aides, pundits suggested he did the president a favor this time.
Media watchdogs were quick to point out that the CNN reporter’s video helps prove Trump’s point that a wall or barrier along the Southern border could help prevent illegal border crossings.
KELLYANNE CONWAY RIPS CNN’S JIM ACOSTA DURING HEATED EXCHANGE: 'YOU'RE SUCH A SMARTA--'
“Jim Acosta just posted one of the biggest self owns ever,” social media strategist Caleb Hull responded. ‘He's walking along the border where there's a wall in place talking about how there's nothing that ‘resembles a national emergency situation’ and ‘there's no migrants trying to rush.’ That's because there's a wall, Jim.”
Others swiping at Acosta included one of his former CNN colleagues Peter Hamby.
Jim Acosta just posted one of the biggest self owns ever.​
He's walking along the border where there's a wall in place talking about how there's nothing that "resembles a national emergency situation" and "there's no migrants trying to rush."​
That's because there's a wall, Jim.​

“Walls work.”​
— Jim @Acosta

So where there are steel slats, there isn't an emergency crisis. Got it.​

Er, you found a place where there is a barrier and all is quiet? Jim, do you know what point you're actually making here?​

Acosta making videos for the Trump administration showing the effectiveness of border barriers:​

I am *shocked* that a glib video, customized for re-tweets and filmed in broad daylight along one of the more secure parts of the RGV by a reporter who parachuted in for the day, did not reveal anything dramatic.​

Jim Acosta is at the border, showing that orgainzed, aggressive challenges to the U.S. border aren't happening at a place where there's a giant steel wall.
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1083411819354558467 …

I would like to thank @Acosta for pointing out how peaceful, safe and secure it is at a part of the border that HAS a wall. #RealNews #BuildTheWall

One day we’ll look back and remember that time Jim Acosta tried proving that the American border doesn’t need a wall by showing how safe the part of the American border that already has a wall is​

Jim Acosta makes a case for the wall.​

Where @acosta inadvertently proves @realDonaldTrump point and demonstrates that walls actually work.​

It's almost as though having steel slats might help prevent illegal immigration where you're filming, dolt. https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1083411819354558467 …

Earlier this week, White House adviser Kellyanne Conway scolded Acosta during a press gaggle, referring to him as a "smarta--" unliked by other reporters.
TRUMP, EN ROUTE TO BORDER, RAMPS UP WARNING HE COULD DECLARE NATIONAL EMERGENCY
Acosta – who has emerged as a household name for grandstanding when Trump and members of his administration are made available to the press – has been praised by liberal comedians such as Jimmy Kimmel and even appeared in the most recent season of the Netflix political drama “House of Cards.”
Last year, Acosta was briefly banned from the White House after he engaged in a contentious back-and-forth with Trump during a Nov. 7 press conference. During the now-infamous moment, Acosta refused to pass the microphone to a female White House aide.
Acosta’s press pass was restored on Nov. 19 after CNN argued that keeping him out of the White House violated the network and Acosta’s First and Fifth Amendment rights.

Jul 20, 2018
Of greater significance is that Trump got a bad deal with his wall. The steel slats can be sawed through: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...2bJS4vPpTq-RAMRgrf98gp5j_XejXT1ffZW07JKLWuoHE
Oh my gosh. Now, you've got some moron reporter out there that has no clue what he is looking at. He's not looking at a steel slat that was sawn in two. He's looking at square tubing that has a piece of rebar down the middle and is filled with concrete. Those pictures show that the tubing was cut with an oxy-acetylene torch. In order to breach one of those barriers, you'd have to cut the outside square tubing, peel the tubing off of the concrete, break the concrete, and then cut the piece of rebar that runs down the middle. Of course it can be done. Someone with an oxy-acetylene torch and a 5 lb hammer in about 1-2 hours. If someone tried to do that with a standard battery-operated sawzall, they'd be there 2 days. Of course, a trailer mounted 10,000 psi water jet could do it in 15 minutes.

Or, they could drive down to Barry's fence and just drive their truck right through it.

Townie, try sticking to topics you understand.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Oh my gosh. Now, you've got some moron reporter out there that has no clue what he is looking at. He's not looking at a steel slat that was sawn in two. He's looking at square tubing that has a piece of rebar down the middle and is filled with concrete. Those pictures show that the tubing was cut with an oxy-acetylene torch. In order to breach one of those barriers, you'd have to cut the outside square tubing, peel the tubing off of the concrete, break the concrete, and then cut the piece of rebar that runs down the middle. Of course it can be done. Someone with an oxy-acetylene torch and a 5 lb hammer in about 1-2 hours. If someone tried to do that with a standard battery-operated sawzall, they'd be there 2 days. Of course, a trailer mounted 10,000 psi water jet could do it in 15 minutes.

Or, they could drive down to Barry's fence and just drive their truck right through it.

Townie, try sticking to topics you understand.
Seriously, did you even bother reading the article? Conservatives like you surely like to say the government can't do anything right. Yet, you put great faith in the government building a wall right.