Herp Derp Trojan Condoms... OSU Basketball Sponsor????

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

starflyer

A win that feels like a loss.
Jan 2, 2005
Tulsa
EXPLAIN THAT TO 6 YEAR OLD LISTENING.... IF you have to explain a commercial, it doesn't belong.
That's understandable and awkward but at the same time there are condom, enzyte, tampon, beer, and many other commercials on tv at all hours of the day that would need explaining too. For that matter there are many basketball games where a cuss word slips through on broadcasts that might need explaining too. I have actually had to explain to a kid once why the guy in the Enzyte commercial was always smiling. Very very awkward but it happens. When they are that young it is best to just say "that is a commercial for adults". After a very vague explanation he gave up. Ha

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
I was flipping channels and made the mistake of stopping on Boogie Nights with my dad present.

EXPLAIN THAT TO A 60 YEAR OLD.

CPA Poke

Caulking Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2008
Jenks
www.facebook.com
That's understandable and awkward but at the same time there are condom, enzyte, tampon, beer, and many other commercials on tv at all hours of the day that would need explaining too. For that matter there are many basketball games where a cuss word slips through on broadcasts that might need explaining too. I have actually had to explain to a kid once what why the guy in the Enzyte commercial was always smiling. Very very awkward but it happens. When they are that young it is best to just say "that is a commercial for adults". After a very vague explanation he gave up. Ha
Those were great...the Santa one comes to mind (where all of the "kids", AKA women, were lined up to sit on Santa's lap). Couldn't believe that pulled that off.

Mar 27, 2008
Was not able to be in Stillwater tonight to watch the POKES do battle... had to settle for the radio due to travel schedules.

I was horrified to hear TROJAN CONDOM commercials in the broadcast! Even worse, they were placed to family-friendly JOHNSON'S OF KINGFISHER! That's horrible! Now, Johnson's is associated with a condom company. This would be easier to accept if we were in New York, Los Angeles or Austin. But Stillwater???? Give me a break!

Is the radio station's sales staff so bad they must go to the lowest of advertisers???

I did not hear a disclaimer in the broadcast warning me of questionable / risqué messages. They should have done that if they are accepting their advertising dollars.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010
EXPLAIN THAT TO 6 YEAR OLD LISTENING.... IF you have to explain a commercial, it doesn't belong.
Wow, that's not opened ended or anything. Do you think that total stranger over there is a witch? If so, let's go burn her.

Go back to your bubble. Im sure everything is hunky-dory in there.

May 20, 2006
Tulsa
You tell them not to worry about it and in 5 minutes they won't even remember it. Not to mention they won't remember what you told them in 5 minutes anyway. Hell make something up, he is 6 he won't even care what you tell him, he won't remember it anyway. People are way too sensitive about these things. In about 3-4 years he will be hearing about much more and much worse things than that which is used for safe sexual practices. There are many worse things he could have heard than a condom commercial. What do you tell him when a beer commercial comes on? Or what about a commercial for feminine hygiene products?

Feb 18, 2009
Was not able to be in Stillwater tonight to watch the POKES do battle... had to settle for the radio due to travel schedules.

I was horrified to hear TROJAN CONDOM commercials in the broadcast! Even worse, they were placed to family-friendly JOHNSON'S OF KINGFISHER! That's horrible! Now, Johnson's is associated with a condom company. This would be easier to accept if we were in New York, Los Angeles or Austin. But Stillwater???? Give me a break!

Is the radio station's sales staff so bad they must go to the lowest of advertisers???

I did not hear a disclaimer in the broadcast warning me of questionable / risqué messages. They should have done that if they are accepting their advertising dollars.
Awesome.

Dec 6, 2011
Good Lord, I'm dying. Wtf was that??? Is that for real? What was that place that would bring in 2LC for a performance and not realize what they would get?
Exactly. Thats like getting a stripper for a bachelor's party and getting mad/surprised when she starts taking off her clothes....

Nov 19, 2009
Dallas
I never thought I'd see the day where an actual game thread got locked AFTER a victory AND a thread in the OSU sports forum about condoms three pages deep... On the same night..

That being said, carry on... This has HOF potential.