Herp Derp Trojan Condoms... OSU Basketball Sponsor????

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 30, 2009
Edmond, OK
Was not able to be in Stillwater tonight to watch the POKES do battle... had to settle for the radio due to travel schedules.

I was horrified to hear TROJAN CONDOM commercials in the broadcast! Even worse, they were placed to family-friendly JOHNSON'S OF KINGFISHER! That's horrible! Now, Johnson's is associated with a condom company. This would be easier to accept if we were in New York, Los Angeles or Austin. But Stillwater???? Give me a break!

Is the radio station's sales staff so bad they must go to the lowest of advertisers???

I did not hear a disclaimer in the broadcast warning me of questionable / risqué messages. They should have done that if they are accepting their advertising dollars.

starflyer

A win that feels like a loss.
Jan 2, 2005
Tulsa
Was not able to be in Stillwater tonight to watch the POKES do battle... had to settle for the radio due to travel schedules.

I was horrified to hear TROJAN CONDOM commercials in the broadcast! Even worse, they were placed to family-friendly JOHNSON'S OF KINGFISHER! That's horrible! Now, Johnson's is associated with a condom company. This would be easier to accept if we were in New York, Los Angeles or Austin. But Stillwater???? Give me a break!

Is the radio station's sales staff so bad they must go to the lowest of advertisers???

I did not hear a disclaimer in the broadcast warning me of questionable / risqué messages. They should have done that if they are accepting their advertising dollars.
.... whats wrong with condom commercials?

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

i am pretty conservative, but are condoms really that offensive?

CPA Poke

Caulking Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2008
Jenks
www.facebook.com

Let me preface this by saying that I consider myself a Christian, and I'm conservative.

With that said, however, I have to say that it's statements like this that make me ashamed of some people that claim the same.

How is an ad for contraception "risqué/questionable"? If this was played during a children's program, it might be a different story. But it wasn't. The listeners are people. People have sex. How is this any more offensive than a clothing commercial? People wear clothing, right?

It's called "marketing"...people with a product attempt to sell that product to those who demand it. Nothing "low" about it.

Also, IBTL.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
OK for one... OSU doesn't pick the sponsors on an ESPN broadcast. Whoever put that idea in your head is stupid.

For two... making people aware of condoms is a lot better than having your 15 year old daughter as a mom... which would make you a grandpa... and guess what... that kid is going to be calling you daddy because you and your wife are going to be the parents a lot more than your daughter and her dumbass baby-daddy are going to be.

So think about that.

Mar 27, 2008

Loosen up there buddy. People have sex, and this may shock you but some have it even before wedlock :lol: . Better they do it safe for obvious reasons. I have no problem with and I'm sure any intelligent adult has no problem with promoting safe sex in a college town.

May 20, 2006
Tulsa

:facepalm: Wow just wow, please for the love of all that is holy tell me this is sarcasm. Because otherwise it's just sad. I mean your really bitching about a condom commercial? Of all the things on tv, radio etc. your complaining about a freaking condom commercial? No wonder Oklahoma has such a high teen pregnancy rate. I just...wow... :confused:

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Let me preface this by saying that I consider myself a Christian, and I'm conservative.

With that said, however, I have to say that it's statements like this that make me ashamed of some people that claim the same.

How is an ad for contraception "risqué/questionable"? If this was played during a children's program, it might be a different story. But it wasn't. The listeners are people. People have sex. How is this any more offensive than a clothing commercial? People wear clothing, right?

It's called "marketing"...people with a product attempt to sell that product to those who demand it. Nothing "low" about it.

Also, IBTL.
or, gasp, beer.