Triggered

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
We as a society have lost it of the last couple of years. When I saw lost it, there are a lot of different items that was lost. We as a society has turned to a instant gratification society. In my mind it comes down to personal responsibility. We no longer hold ourselves to very high standards. Society would rather point out others flaws, just so they don't have to look at their own flaws.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
We as a society have lost it of the last couple of years. When I saw lost it, there are a lot of different items that was lost. We as a society has turned to a instant gratification society. In my mind it comes down to personal responsibility. We no longer hold ourselves to very high standards. Society would rather point out others flaws, just so they don't have to look at their own flaws.
Social media keeps otherwise perfectly sane people triggered. A lot of people that I previously thought of as friends now believe every conspiracy theory they can find on the internet. Tin foil hats sells must be soaring right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The problem is that being offended has become a virtue. Forget wisdom and temperance, if you can get upset by what somebody else does or says, it signals you as the upmost finest character possible.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The problem is that being offended has become a virtue. Forget wisdom and temperance, if you can get upset by what somebody else does or says, it signals you as the upmost finest character possible.
Cool thing is, after you're a victim, you get all the pats on the back you need if you 'clap back' at your supposed oppressor.

Bill Maher & James Corden got into one of these spats recently & it was priceless. Maher simply said 'when did we decide that being obese & all of the medical problems that go with it is to be celebrated?' He went on to point out the enormous costs to society associated with it.

Enter James Corden, who couldn't wait to be the victim & also have a segment for his show. Corden made some lame jokes about actually being fat, & then spent the rest of the segment glowing in his simultaneous victimhood & a guy who fights back status.

Loved the fact that Maher didn't even respond to him, given that's what all of these 'victims' want.

Oct 30, 2007
Over the past 20-30 years, children have been coddled more & more and they don't know how to deal with adversity. They're kept in a protective bubble until they graduate and then they don't know how to react when real life hits them in the mouth. Studies have shown that depression, anxiety, & suicide are all rising in today's youth.

We need to stop coddling our kids and allow them to endure some adversity. We shouldn't attempt to shield them from pain & discomfort, because those things facilitate growth. That would probably go a long way towards reducing things like school shootings & criminal rioting.

Oct 30, 2007
Listen up gear-head school shooting can be reduced by less ammo.
Growing up I had easy access to guns & ammo. I could easily grab a rifle and go hunting or shoot cans out on our property. Just about everyone I knew had access to guns & ammo as well, yet school shootings were virtually non-existent. Something change along the way, and I don't think it has anything to do with availability.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Cool thing is, after you're a victim, you get all the pats on the back you need if you 'clap back' at your supposed oppressor.

Bill Maher & James Corden got into one of these spats recently & it was priceless. Maher simply said 'when did we decide that being obese & all of the medical problems that go with it is to be celebrated?' He went on to point out the enormous costs to society associated with it.

Enter James Corden, who couldn't wait to be the victim & also have a segment for his show. Corden made some lame jokes about actually being fat, & then spent the rest of the segment glowing in his simultaneous victimhood & a guy who fights back status.

Loved the fact that Maher didn't even respond to him, given that's what all of these 'victims' want.
Fat people are the happiest people I know. They get great enjoyment and contentment out of eating a lot of fattening, great tasting food, such as fried chicken, cheesecake, cherry pie and Reese's peanut butter cups for starters. One serving is never enough.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Social media keeps otherwise perfectly sane people triggered. A lot of people that I previously thought of as friends now believe every conspiracy theory they can find on the internet. Tin foil hats sells must be soaring right now

i would agree with this. i have advocated that nothing good comes from social media. Yesterday was a direct result of social media. As such, I have removed myself from social media. I no longer want to be part of the problem. I wish others would follow suit. Social Media brings out the worst in people and makes those worst behaviors seem normal for the right, left, and middle. Its awful.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

i would agree with this. i have advocated that nothing good comes from social media. Yesterday was a direct result of social media. As such, I have removed myself from social media. I no longer want to be part of the problem. I wish others would follow suit. Social Media brings out the worst in people and makes those worst behaviors seem normal for the right, left, and middle. Its awful.
And they blindly believe anything they read on social media regardless of the source. Kind of like the sports forum on OP

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Growing up I had easy access to guns & ammo. I could easily grab a rifle and go hunting or shoot cans out on our property. Just about everyone I knew had access to guns & ammo as well, yet school shootings were virtually non-existent. Something change along the way, and I don't think it has anything to do with availability.
When I was a kid in Perkins in the 80's my friends and I all had .22 rifles and one of my friends had a .357 pistol. We were 12-14 years old. We could go into the hardware store on main street in Perkins and buy all the ammo we could afford and take our guns down to the Cimarron River and go shooting. Nobody thought anything about it. Especially not the guy that owned the hardware store who sold us the ammo. Nobody ever even thought about a school shooting back then.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
When I was a kid in Perkins in the 80's my friends and I all had .22 rifles and one of my friends had a .357 pistol. We were 12-14 years old. We could go into the hardware store on main street in Perkins and buy all the ammo we could afford and take our guns down to the Cimarron River and go shooting. Nobody thought anything about it. Especially not the guy that owned the hardware store who sold us the ammo. Nobody ever even thought about a school shooting back then.
I think we can trace it all back to then. The 80's was when we started the nanny state and kids started playing soccer

Aug 16, 2012
Holy chit. Graduated Cushing in 81 and we did the same. Otasco was where we bought all our ammo. Went down to the site of the old Duncan Bridge NW of Cushing before it got knocked over by a wayward salt water recovery tank careening down the river during a flood in the late 80s.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I have to say, I'm tempted. There's some good groups I'm in though that I'll miss reading. None political (actually, they all have rules against posting politics), just groups of people with common interests sharing helpful info. Too bad Facebook got rid of the Facebook Groups app that let you ONLY access your groups and not make you deal with everything else Facebook comes with...