Too soon: Dru Brown or Spencer Sanders?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

QB starter next year

• Dru Brown

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • Spencer Sanders

Votes: 112 86.2%

• Total voters
Sep 3, 2010
Everyone wants Spencer , but will he start in 2019? We all know Gundy sticks with the veterans. Who starts the first game next year, and who starts the last game....

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Since I haven't seen either one play, I really can't make that decision at this time. Sanders probably has the edge in ability and Brown has the edge in experience. I'm more interested in the O-line next year because we have weapons at WR and RB.....any QB worthy of a D1 scholarship should be able to work with those guys if given some time by the line.

On a side note, when Corndog had to come out for a play when his helmet came off, Gundy put Brown in indicating to me that he was the backup at least last night. Of course all they did was have him hand the ball off, any QB on the roster could've done that.

Mar 8, 2010
With Yurcich leaving, I hope one of them doesn't go south on us. I have a source pretty close to the program that says Brown is the real deal and don't be surprised if he starts next year. If that's the case, I hope a little bit of Corndog's loyalty rubbed off on Sanders this past year.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
With Yurcich leaving, I hope one of them doesn't go south on us. I have a source pretty close to the program that says Brown is the real deal and don't be surprised if he starts next year. If that's the case, I hope a little bit of Corndog's loyalty rubbed off on Sanders this past year.
Oh boy....can't wait for next years QB argument, coach second guessing, and general pissing and moaning....:facepalm:

Let me be the first to say that we have seen neither young man play more than a snap for OSU and we HAVE TO trust our coaches. Likely we will have a new OC and hopefully that gives those without it, more confidence.

Nov 14, 2010
Brown is going to have to be substantially better to win the position because if he ends up winning the spot, we will be breaking in a new quarterback 4 years in a row.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Too early for me to vote, knowing nothing about either one. With Sanders Mom's tweet, gives rise to worry about his staying if Brown starts. We may have a Chelf-JW system, who knows?

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Oh boy....can't wait for next years QB argument, coach second guessing, and general pissing and moaning....:facepalm:

Let me be the first to say that we have seen neither young man play more than a snap for OSU and we HAVE TO trust our coaches. Likely we will have a new OC and hopefully that gives those without it, more confidence.
Wasn't that also this years season? QB argument, second guessing, general pissing and moaning. Oh, sorry that is pretty much EVERY year unless we have a returning 3 year starter at QB.

Oct 30, 2007
RA has said several times that he believes that Spencer Sanders should be our starter next season. He sees practice, so he knows how both quarterbacks look running the offense. Sanders is the future of the program. I hope he gets the start in the opener against Oregon State.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Sanders. Period. Brown is simply an insurance policy who can get his Master’s degree.

Spencer needs to be playing from day one, and needs to develop good working relationships with the receivers, so he and Langston Anderson, specifically, can become a dangerous tandem.

Jan 14, 2006
Sanders. Period. Brown is simply an insurance policy who can get his Master’s degree.

Spencer needs to be playing from day one, and needs to develop good working relationships with the receivers, so he and Langston Anderson, specifically, can become a dangerous tandem.
If Sanders is equal or better I agree, but what if Brown is better? The truth is, we've seen them take a combined 1 snap in an osu uniform. No one on here has any idea who is better.

Would you really force a QB on a team loaded with offensive weapons just so that he could develop a relationship with a reciever who will likely redshirt?

Oct 30, 2007
If Sanders is equal or better I agree, but what if Brown is better? The truth is, we've seen them take a combined 1 snap in an osu uniform. No one on here has any idea who is better.

Would you really force a QB on a team loaded with offensive weapons just so that he could develop a relationship with a reciever who will likely redshirt?
Brown should be our starter if he gives us the best opportunity to have success. The best player should always start.