Too many Un-American snowflakes on this message board.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Good question, it should. Just goes to show you how much we've already compromised on this issue.
My opinion is that most Americans do not feel comfortable with every individual having easy access to weapons that could cause that level of mass murder which is why it isn't even discussed in gun control debates.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
My opinion is that most Americans do not feel comfortable with every individual having easy access to weapons that could cause that level of mass murder which is why it isn't even discussed in gun control debates.
There is evil in this world and mass murder is already committed without access to M60s. We've strayed off topic though, this thread is about snowflakes and the already legal things they can't handle, not a debate about if the 2A should cover a browning .50 or an M60.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Exactly, like repealing Obamacare, excellent point.

Regarding the 2A though, There are ways of changing the constitution, Congress shouldn't be able to simply amend it....that's the law too.
I believe Trump and Republicans ran on a platform of repeal and replacing Obamacare, which if it was an improvement over the current system I'd listen to. There are definite flaws in the system that could be improved and I believe it was still too generous to health insurance companies who have neither patients nor medical providers in their best interests.

I did think the improvements in covering preexisting conditions were a step forward, but overall it felt like Democrats congratulating each other for graduating out of Kindergarten and then dropping out in the first grade.

Obamacare was passed in 2010; yet in 2020, I have not seen a cohesive agreement put forward by either party to replace Obamacare. There was the obvious attempt to repeal Obamacare in 2017 that couldn't get passed when John McCain gave the final vote.

The primary problem with our lawmakers is they cozy up to their donors more than they cozy up to their constituents and we need to began to "Bully the politicians at the polls" to get stuff done.

Congresspeople are OUR employees, not our leaders. They are no different than Sanitation workers and when they can't get read of the horsecrap, people need to hire new ones.

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I believe Trump and Republicans ran on a platform of repeal and replacing Obamacare, which if it was an improvement over the current system I'd listen to. There are definite flaws in the system that could be improved and I believe it was still to generous to health insurance companies who have neither patients nor medical providers in their best interests.

I did think the improvements in covering preexisting conditions were a step forward, but overall it felt like Democrats congratulating each other for graduating out of Kindergarten and then dropping out in the first grade.

Obamacare was passed in 2010; yet in 2020, I have not seen a cohesive agreement put forward by either party to replace Obamacare. There as the obvious attempt to repeal Obamacare in 2017 that couldn't get passed when John McCain gave the final vote.

The primary problem with our lawmakers is they cozy up to their donors more than they cozy up to their constituents and we need to began to "Bully the politicians at the polls" to get stuff done.

Congresspeople are OUR employees, not our leaders. They are no different than Sanitation workers and when they can't get read of the horsecrap, people need to hire new ones.
You'll get no argument from me on most of this. The Reps have come up with some plans but don't have guts to seriously put them forward as a united party. Even the attempt to repeal in 2017 wasn't a real repeal, just a tweak that would've left most of the original law n place...I'm kind of glad it failed. The ACA is still a terrible law though, regardless of how incompetent the Reps are.