Time for BB coaching change should be about 3-4 weeks!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I hear you but OSUs goal should be to become Duke or Kansas. Is that realistic? Maybe not but that should still be yhr goal. Why aspire to be lesser. We have more final fours than kstate. I would never lift up kstate for anything as a goal. Just being honest.
Sadly I wouldn't us either...in basketball in 2020. Maybe next year...but these past several since Sutton have been exactly what I would expect if we are stupid with football as well...I'm hoping we aren't that dumb.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I could be wrong, but I never interpreted Holder's comment as to being the ceiling of the program, but instead, a "where we are at now" comment as his justification for not giving up the extra cash.
That's fair maybe so. Underwood claimed the other but that might not have been the case. I hope Holder only said it financially speaking.

Apr 7, 2006
I'm beginning to wonder whether John Wooden coached here and I made the mistake of thinking it was Underwood. Some of you act like he was really something special. Continuing to use him as justification for disliking Holder is weak. Guy had zero commitment to OSU. Anybody that'll use leverage on you in year 1 (and year 1 as a power 5 coach) isnt someone you're going to build a program with. Complain about Holder all you want, but there aren't many people that would entertain that discussion at that stage with a coach with his resume - especially if you consider the previous contract.

Apr 14, 2009
The head coach of the men’s basketball team at O-State isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Unless he wants to.
End of story.
So stop with the bitching and complaining.
It’s a wast of your time.
But if it helps you vent your frustrations!!
Continue.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
While I agree with you, I cannot miss the chance to play Devils Advocate...KSU has been to 4 final fours, we have been to 6...All time KSU is 1,658 wins - 1,147 losses OSU is 1,642 wins - 1,163 losses...so nearly identical with KSU having a small edge in wins vs losses and us having an edge in final fours and national titles
I hear you but OSUs goal should be to become Duke or Kansas. Is that realistic? Maybe not but that should still be yhr goal. Why aspire to be lesser. We have more final fours than kstate. I would never lift up kstate for anything as a goal. Just being honest.
They weren't a goal, they were a comparison as to where we currently are.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2010
It needs to be deleted and should have never been posted. Coach has recruited a top 20 class for next year (his 3rd recruiting class) which will go higher if JT Thor signs. You have to give him at least next year to see what he can do, and threads like this don't help recruiting.
You know what else hurts recruiting? Finishing in LAST PLACE in the big 12. (In his 3rd year)

Maybe it'll get turned around. Maybe our coach will try something new. "Maybe next year".

But fans who pay money to attend these games have every right to ask for something better than last place.
If you finish in LAST PLACE and your fans aren't asking for a new coach, then your fans have disconnected and probably don't even watch the games anymore.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2016
Dallas
Very true. I'm just saying that the reason we don't play man very well is because we're still overplaying the passing lanes, and with this collection of players, that just won't work. I would like to see us fall back to playing a more traditional man defense built on always being in position to help. Our help defense is almost non-existent because we've been out of position all year playing the passing lanes. Again, this has not been the same man defense that was used the final half of Underwood's season, or Boynton's first season (we didn't have the horses to play the passing lanes that year either). Just my opinion.
Exactly. Playing the passing lanes as a man to man defense doesnt work. Puts kids out of position all the time then they end up chasing which causes easy baskets and more fouls. It may have worked in a lower level conference but not here. This is one of the more worrisome parts of Boyntons coaching. That he doesnt recognize this and change. Zone isnt the answer either imo. Traditional man is the way to go

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
You know what else hurts recruiting? Finishing in LAST PLACE in the big 12. (In his 3rd year)

Maybe it'll get turned around. Maybe our coach will try something new. "Maybe next year".

But fans who pay money to attend these games have every right to ask for something better than last place.
If you finish in LAST PLACE and your fans aren't asking for a new coach, then your fans have disconnected and probably don't even watch the games anymore.
Normally I would agree with you but our team isn’t normal. Boynton is building a team from the ground up while trying to be fair to seniors who have stuck with the program. We have no juniors. Look at the recruiting classes. They have gotten better, not worse. Some fans can see a bright future while others just have a dazed look in their eyes.

Aug 16, 2012

Not that I disagree, but last year we were a half game out of last place and he hauled in the best class in years. The recruits know exactly where the team is at and want onboard to get it squared away

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I guess we could just replace EVERY coach in the athletic department every three years until everyone on the internet is satisfied/we can no longer find anyone to coach/we win a Natty. Sounds like a good plan!
I like it.
Orangedog, you coach the team on Monday. Birry, you coach on Tuesday and I'll make all of the decisions on the days that end in "y".

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
The head coach of the men’s basketball team at O-State isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Unless he wants to.
End of story.
So stop with the bitching and complaining.
It’s a wast of your time.
But if it helps you vent your frustrations!!
Continue.
Is this a haiku?
We're looking down on Wayne's basement.
Only, that's not Wayne's basement.
Isnt that weird?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I like it.
Orangedog, you coach the team on Monday. Birry, you coach on Tuesday and I'll make all of the decisions on the days that end in "y".
Ha! You don't want me coaching a basketball team. My only experience is helping my mom coach a 5th grade girl's team for a couple seasons. Might was well just #bringdoughome if you're gonna go that route.