Time for BB coaching change should be about 3-4 weeks!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2009
Perhaps he isn't listening to those coaches?

The coaches don’t play. The coaches don’t miss free throws. The coaches don’t let the opposing team block them out and get the rebound that they should have got. The coaches don’t shoot 20% from the three point line. The coaches don’t let the other team blow past them for a layup.The coaches can’t play for them.
It’s on the players!

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
The coaches don’t play. The coaches don’t miss free throws. The coaches don’t let the opposing team block them out and get the rebound that they should have got. The coaches don’t shoot 20% from the three point line. The coaches don’t let the other team blow past them for a layup.The coaches can’t play for them.
It’s on the players!
Agreed, but why do you think they're playing bad ball?

Apr 14, 2009
Agreed, but why do you think they're playing bad ball?

Lost confidence.

Expect them to maybe get some of it back soon. A win would really help. And some of it is just lack of skill and athleticism. The Big 12 is a top conference in basketball. Mike needs to Keep bringing in talented players that can play in this league.
And if he does he will be successful.

Aug 7, 2006
It’s on the players!
Coaches have nothing to do with how a team performs?

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
I must have missed it. What did Underwood say about us that wasn't good?
Just a bunch of petty whining, about what you'd expect from a rat like him. I remember one of the things was him crying because Holder asked them to turn the lights off when they left the gym. Just throwing whatever he could out there to make himself look like less of a rat

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Fans that accept this kind of garbage coaching and play are the main problem...we sat through this for how many years with TF?? People still didn't want him fired because he was a "nice guy" and was trying...ridiculous.
Oh, Puhleeease! A lot of people wanted Ford fired but his contract was too expensive to buy out so we had to grin an bear it. There was plenty of complaining though. People even wanted Holder fired over the contract snafu. Where were you during that time?

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
All this squabbling over whether to move on from Boynton now seems silly. He gets one more year b/c of who he has coming in next year...period. I don't know what a realistic expectation is for next year (Sweet 16?, Elite8?...that's where Zion's Duke stalled), but it will certainly be a serious evaluation year for HCMB. If he doesn't exceed expectations with Cunningham on the floor, then look for Holder to move on from him.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It’s on the players!
Maybe we could hire someone, and pay them a lot of money to recruit good players and teach them how to do those things more effectively.

Aug 26, 2004
All this squabbling over whether to move on from Boynton now seems silly. He gets one more year b/c of who he has coming in next year...period. I don't know what a realistic expectation is for next year (Sweet 16?, Elite8?...that's where Zion's Duke stalled), but it will certainly be a serious evaluation year for HCMB. If he doesn't exceed expectations with Cunningham on the floor, then look for Holder to move on from him.
Really? Where is Holder going?

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
As you said ....

I think the biggest issue Boynton is having now is he is still trying to have an assistant coach approach to his relationships with the players.

So.....there is no hammer.
This is a problem with many folks in business that are employees or minor department heads that are suddenly thrust into management positions.
They're unprepared and need to grow into their positions.
Therefore, many of their decisions are still from their experiences as an employee or minor manager.

Now, the people that successfully advance into the management position are those that can make that transition into their new role or if they can't, they get fired or worse...go back to their old jobs with the feeling of either failure or relief.