Time for BB coaching change should be about 3-4 weeks!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 7, 2006
Hiring MB is the disaster...Underwood wanted to get paid and didn't, that was the best coached team we have had in 10years.
The one that started out 0-6 in conference because he was too stubborn to change his defense? Jawun Evans deserves a large percentage of Underwood's bank account after that season.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
I know and made the tournament and if it wasn't for a UM team that couldn't miss from anywhere we would have had our first win in what 7 years...now it will probably be another 7 years...but hey he is a nice guy and says all the right things. Keep your head buried...

Oct 30, 2007
The one that started out 0-6 in conference because he was too stubborn to change his defense? Jawun Evans deserves a large percentage of Underwood's bank account after that season.
It's been interesting to follow Brad Underwood's career after he left for Illinois. Their first two seasons were ugly, but he's slowly built them into a respectable program. They're ranked #21 in the country and 2nd in the Big 10. They're doing all this primarily with underclassmen. They'll probably be even better next year.

It sure felt like it was the right decision to let him walk after the past two years, but I'm starting to wonder if it was a mistake.

Aug 16, 2012
Hiring MB is the disaster...Underwood wanted to get paid and didn't, that was the best coached team we have had in 10years.
Not questioning BU's ability, but he screwed us over like no other coach with the possible exception of Miles. Difference with MIles is that we always knew there was the chance. BU blindsided us after publicly stating how his job was the best in the country.

So if MB gets us to the tournament next year, what will your opinion be? Do you not acknowledge there are any circumstances that contributed to where we are at or is just, Boynton sucks (drops mic)?

Aug 7, 2006
It's been interesting to follow Brad Underwood's career after he left for Illinois. Their first two seasons were ugly, but he's slowly built them into a respectable program. They're ranked #21 in the country and 2nd in the Big 10. They're doing all this primarily with underclassmen. They'll probably be even better next year.

It sure felt like it was the right decision to let him walk after the past two years, but I'm starting to wonder if it was a mistake.
Still the right decision, whether or not the next decision was the correct one is up for debate.

Aug 16, 2012

If not Illinois three years ago, then it would have been someone else since then. BU is all about BU and his bank account. He clearly indicated that.

Nov 6, 2010
I also remember it was his assistants that ended up convincing him to change the defense. I wonder how much coach MB had to do with that convincing? I'm guessing quite a bit, and that might have been his trump card in the interview with Holder that got him the job.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Not questioning BU's ability, but he screwed us over like no other coach with the possible exception of Miles. Difference with MIles is that we always knew there was the chance. BU blindsided us after publicly stating how his job was the best in the country.

So if MB gets us to the tournament next year, what will your opinion be? Do you not acknowledge there are any circumstances that contributed to where we are at or is just, Boynton sucks (drops mic)?

May I respectfully ask what your opinion of Boynton is right now?

Jun 14, 2011
I also remember it was his assistants that ended up convincing him to change the defense. I wonder how much coach MB had to do with that convincing? I'm guessing quite a bit, and that might have been his trump card in the interview with Holder that got him the job.
Assuming that MB was the one who spear-headed that push for defensive change, I sure would like to see him now be open to going with Underpant's offensive system. He, of all people, should know Underpant's system the best except for the big douche himself.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
MB is going to be the coach next year I don’t care what happens the rest of season. If we are in a similar situation at the end of 2022 I’ll be right with you guys. Meanwhile I’m going to support our coach and our program b/c as of right now I believe we are headed in the right direction, could be wrong but I’m not ready to throw in the to towel just yet

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
MB is going to be the coach next year I don’t care what happens the rest of season. If we are in a similar situation at the end of 2022 I’ll be right with you guys. Meanwhile I’m going to support our coach and our program b/c as of right now I believe we are headed in the right direction, could be wrong but I’m not ready to throw in the to towel just yet

Other than adding talent through recruiting, what leads you to think that we're headed in the right direction? Just curious, not looking for an argument.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow

Gets us to the tournament with a 1 and done...and then what? You can really say after watching 2.5 years of this that you think he can coach?? Take off your oranges glasses and just watch the same mistakes over and over and over.

Oct 30, 2007
Still the right decision, whether or not the next decision was the correct one is up for debate.
If not Illinois three years ago, then it would have been someone else since then. BU is all about BU and his bank account. He clearly indicated that.
I think he would've stayed here if we would've matched the salary Illinois was offering. We had just gotten out from under the Ford contract though, and we didn't want to make the same mistake twice. It would've been a gamble to give him a big contract after only one year of success at this level.

Hiring an inexperienced & unproven coach to replace him was also a gamble. Hopefully things will work out for the best, but if not, we need to hire a proven commodity. I'm tired of gambling with the future of our basketball program.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2006
I know and made the tournament and if it wasn't for a UM team that couldn't miss from anywhere we would have had our first win in what 7 years...now it will probably be another 7 years...but hey he is a nice guy and says all the right things. Keep your head buried...
Travis Ford could've coached that team to the NCAA tourney and also not won a game there. I'd bet he could've done so without starting out 0-6 in conference play too.

My head isn't buried. I love OSU basketball and I'm concerned with what I'm seeing this year, but it's not something I can control so I don't see the need in stressing about it.

Aug 16, 2012
May I respectfully ask what your opinion of Boynton is right now?
Absolutely.
I grade him at a dead center C right now.
Would I prefer better? Of course.
Do I recognize the program is and was in poor shape. Yes. (Despite the argument about 4 of the last 5 prior teams going to the tournament because they did so finishing in the bottom half of the conference with a .500 or lower conference record all but one time and our inclusion each of those times was clearly a gift due to the conference strength).

I want to see what he does with his kids, all his kids. If after next year there is no improvement (which I doubt and not just because of CC), I will support moving on. Until that time, he has put in the energy and commitment to the program as a whole, not just W/L, that has earned our patience and respect. But here is the kicker also. I am not expecting him to be Eddie, Self, K, Calipari or any of the others. We will never get another coach like Eddie, plain and simple. I do think that given the opportunity, he will be listed as #3 on best OSU coaches when it is all said and done. We have to give him the chance.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Absolutely.
I grade him at a dead center C right now.
Would I prefer better? Of course.
Do I recognize the program is and was in poor shape. Yes. (Despite the argument about 4 of the last 5 prior teams going to the tournament because they did so finishing in the bottom half of the conference with a .500 or lower conference record all but one time and our inclusion each of those times was clearly a gift due to the conference strength).

I want to see what he does with his kids, all his kids. If after next year there is no improvement (which I doubt and not just because of CC), I will support moving on. Until that time, he has put in the energy and commitment to the program as a whole, not just W/L, that has earned our patience and respect. But here is the kicker also. I am not expecting him to be Eddie, Self, K, Calipari or any of the others. We will never get another coach like Eddie, plain and simple. I do think that given the opportunity, he will be listed as #3 on best OSU coaches when it is all said and done. We have to give him the chance.
THIS!!!!I wrote a huge response, but this pretty much sums it up