tickets on secondary market

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It's going to be like watching the Pokes in through 90s;)
Except with an amazing team and the paddle people and band out in force inside a totally amazing modern stadium with a top 10 national jumbo tron and great food!! Only thing like the 90s will be the size of the crowd...nothing else even slightly compares.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Singles are available now and tomorrow from the ticket office. They are general admission and they ask that you sit in the seat backs in a socially distant area...student seating isn’t sold out so they are selling these to gen public.

So, if you are a responsible adult willing to wear a mask and social distance you can attend this game tomorrow and watch our best team in years best Tulsa! Go Pokes!!

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Have they said anything about what concessions are going to be like? I would imagine some vendors aren't coming back this year either due to financial hardship or it's not worth the bother with the greatly reduced attendance.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Have they said anything about what concessions are going to be like? I would imagine some vendors aren't coming back this year either due to financial hardship or it's not worth the bother with the greatly reduced attendance.
I didn’t ask but assume it will be limited to about 25/30% just like attendance

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Did you go? What was feeling like? Concessions?
Yep, just got home... lost my voice yelling...social distancing better than going out to eat as far as safety from covid...no worries AT ALL on that front...concessions open cold beer in stadium and out by concessions and you can also order on their app if you are so inclined and they will bring food too you. Codes by each seat. Honestly we need to fill all available seats and I don't think we did the 25%. If you want to go next week to the WVU game...check with the ticket office and they may be selling extras...that's what I did since I didn't renew my tickets this year. Fun day, weird game, only like a pep band, I think we can do a bit better in terms of band and I'm not sure why the cheerleaders and Pom poms aren't allowed on the field. Jumbo tron was same things as last year, but fans did make noise and I think we caused an offsides late in the game...if we really get into it I think we can make a difference in home games even with greatly reduced numbers of people. I'd say we had about 14K or so.

Oh, the ticket offices by the stadium had numerous problems processing tickets and had issues with their computers but I was able to buy a ticket at the game from the ticket office just took a long time waiting and others were having similar issues...hopefully they work out those kinks and smooth that up. Also I actually saw one or two scalpers.

Of course no tailgating at all, but they did a walk. I'm wondering is they will advertise that later and have people social distance on the sidewalk or something. That could be cool if they work on it. I do think College athletes feed off atmosphere and that's why we are seeing the weird results...they need that as motivation so we need to learn how to provide it while still being safe in this environment.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Did you go? What was feeling like? Concessions?
Yep, just got home... lost my voice yelling...social distancing better than going out to eat as far as safety from covid...no worries AT ALL on that front...concessions open cold beer in stadium and out by concessions and you can also order on their app if you are so inclined and they will bring food too you. Codes by each seat. Honestly we need to fill all available seats and I don't think we did the 25%. If you want to go next week to the WVU game...check with the ticket office and they may be selling extras...that's what I did since I didn't renew my tickets this year. Fun day, weird game, only like a pep band, I think we can do a bit better in terms of band and I'm not sure why the cheerleaders and Pom poms aren't allowed on the field. Jumbo tron was same things as last year, but fans did make noise and I think we caused an offsides late in the game...if we really get into it I think we can make a difference in home games even with greatly reduced numbers of people. I'd say we had about 14K or so.
I didn't get to watch but a few minutes of the first quarter before I ended up going outside with the kids. so where was the band actually located? And I had been under the impression that it was going to be all 300 members of the band. You're telling me that they only had a pet band there? And as for no cheerleaders or palms on the sidelines, it's to keep them from accidentally coming in contact with the football players or other people on the field during the game.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I didn't get to watch but a few minutes of the first quarter before I ended up going outside with the kids. so where was the band actually located? And I had been under the impression that it was going to be all 300 members of the band. You're telling me that they only had a pet band there? And as for no cheerleaders or palms on the sidelines, it's to keep them from accidentally coming in contact with the football players or other people on the field during the game.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
The band was in the NW corner section just above where the players come in...I don't think it was close to the full band...maybe they have some covid issues? Not as small as a pep band for basketball but not a full band. They did play the fight songs and such, but not as loud. Overall considering it was ok but I think we can safely do better...and likely will as we get better at this and the season moves on. It's important that every fan that attends yells like crazy because there just aren't that many people. Both the players and the coaches said it made a big difference late in the game. We did see bullet but we only scored one touchdown so obviously limited. That did make my day however...that was cool and somehow soothing to see.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2010

Oh, the ticket offices by the stadium had numerous problems processing tickets and had issues with their computers but I was able to buy a ticket at the game from the ticket office just took a long time waiting and others were having similar issues...hopefully they work out those kinks and smooth that up. Also I actually saw one or two scalpers.

Of course no tailgating at all, but they did a walk. I'm wondering is they will advertise that later and have people social distance on the sidewalk or something. That could be cool if they work on it. I do think College athletes feed off atmosphere and that's why we are seeing the weird results...they need that as motivation so we need to learn how to provide it while still being safe in this environment.
How much did you pay for your ticket?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
How much did you pay for your ticket?
$75 general admission student ticket...they just told me to sit in any vacant seat back seats in or near the student section...but it was evident that several of the other areas were open as well so I sat in 3 different place during the game and ended up basically on the South side in the lower section near the 50 yard line, still socially distant from anyone else for the 4th quarter.

Sep 6, 2014
Is it even possible to get tickets for games this year if you aren't a season ticket holder or student? Also, is there a 14 day mandatory quarantine in Oklahoma (would be coming from the east coast)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Is it even possible to get tickets for games this year if you aren't a season ticket holder or student? Also, is there a 14 day mandatory quarantine in Oklahoma (would be coming from the east coast)
Call the ticket office...they are, or should be, selling extras that weren't picked up. They were $75 a piece for the Tulsa game. I even saw a scalper. I think you could come and have NO issues at all. It's Oklahoma, we are pretty relaxed compared to the coast...see VERY relaxed compared to the coast.

In fact, the university did such a good job I think they should open this thing up to at least another 5K or so fans. We had SO MUCH room and it was easier than social distancing at restaurants in Tulsa/Jenks/BA for sure. You are outside, no fans within six feet of your groupings, mask on, campus was open and no crowds, walk happened early am but without anyone on the route really. It just seems like we could add more fans even at the walk to at least fill it in. I think we need them to create more of a home field advantage that we are going to need going forward. About a quarter or so of the chair backs designed for season ticket holders were unused.

Also, I know that at some point we had a cursory 14 day self quarantine recommendation for people coming in from NY, NJ, or Conn, but I don't think even that is still in effect and I'm pretty certain it was never enforced AT ALL...but don't take my word for it, do more research so you can make a wise informed decision.

Last edited: