Thunder vs Blazers in the first round

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Wow!! It took the help of God himself tonight to get this matchup. It took a 28pt Blazer come back, with a team full of bench and g leaguers, Denver winning and the Thunder winning without PG. This was a stars aligning kinda night. We get Blazers in the first and avoid GSW plus forcing them to face Rockets in the second round. Blazers should be easy without Nurkic, probably 5 or so games, and then onto Denver, barring an upset. I like our chances because they are unproven. Just incredibly lucky considering how bad we have been since all star break.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Listening to the radio today led me to several conclusions:
1. Russell Westbrook needs to get in touch with Traitor and learn how to play the game from the HS superstar.
2. Steven Adam's needs to get in touch with Traitor and learn how to play the game.
3. Billy Donovan needs to get in touch with Traitor and learn how to coach the game

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
They gotta get past Portland, at least this year. Another first round loss would be extremely disappointing.

Also hearing chatter nationally that the Lakers may come after Presti. Have no clue if he'd actually be interested or not, but I don't want to see him go.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
A strong gm won’t go there. It will have to be a puppet
I hope you guys are both right. And Presti's never struck me as a Hollywood-type guy, but you never know.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what happens in LA. I, of course, hope their struggles continue & the LeBron "I am the center of the universe" tour rolls on. It's really remarkable how much public opinion on LeBron has soured & he hasn't done much to try to change it.

Magic leaves abruptly in one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen, & LeBron leaves it up to Kyle Kouzma & the other guys to face the press while he flies cross country to be at Dwayne Wade's last game.

His prerogative to do whatever, but it's pretty weak sauce to just go AWOL when you're the face of the franchise, the leader, & all that.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
This series is pretty much over. Going to be another nice 1st round exit for the Thunder. There needs to be some big off season changes. This team has issues.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Extremely disappointing to have 2 stars & not make it through the 1st round, again.

Sucks even more that the Rockets & Warriors are on the other side of the Western Conference bracket, so the side the Thunder's on is wide open.

Denver's definitely an up & coming team, but this is perhaps the easiest path to the Western Conference Finals in a few years.

This feels like a real turning point for the Thunder, imo. After Durant left, they had to make it all about Westbrook & try to build around him. They fortunately got another star in Paul George, to pair with Russ. After 2 years, however, it's yielded no postseason success & they're both just 2 years older now & getting into the back end of their careers.

So the status quo is clearly not working, therefore I don't know if Donovan gets shown the door, or who they can get in free agency to add to the mix. The ball dominant Westbrook model is not a recipe for postseason success & it's painfully obvious.

Oct 11, 2006
Owasso, OK
Gifted a matchup with the Blazers, whom the Thunder had swept in the regular season. Now minus Nurkic. With the Rockets and Warriors on the other side of the bracket. Not good Bob.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Gifted a matchup with the Blazers, whom the Thunder had swept in the regular season. Now minus Nurkic. With the Rockets and Warriors on the other side of the bracket. Not good Bob.
Plus, if the Spurs win their 1st round series, the Thunder would've had home court in the 2nd round. This team is just an all around clusterfk.

Also, Westbrook just embarrasses himself in the press conferences with how bad he treats Barry Trammell. That is ridiculous. Get the hell over it Russ, its just very immature at this point. Its not a good look.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Plus, if the Spurs win their 1st round series, the Thunder would've had home court in the 2nd round. This team is just an all around clusterfk.

Also, Westbrook just embarrasses himself in the press conferences with how bad he treats Barry Trammell. That is ridiculous. Get the hell over it Russ, its just very immature at this point. Its not a good look.
& it's rubbed off on Paul George. They're getting roasted today nationally for acting like petulant children.