Thread For 'Ol Joe: It's Time

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

I bet many millennial's have no idea who Johnny Carson even is. That's how long Biden has been in DC and that's how long he's been accused of lying. This is from 1987 for Pete's sake.

This is the man the Democrat party wants to be president? :lol: He has the gall to stand up there and claim problems in this country are somebody else's fault. Look in the mirror pal. Trump may be a train wreck but old uncle Joe has been there for more than 3 decades.....if anything he's the cause of our problems, not the solution.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You may want to take a peek at how the venue was laid out. The stage was in the middle of the venue. There were people in front of and above that screen.
But he doesn't a long time facing that way. In a situation like that you want to have face time with the camera as much as possible. You aren't trying to convince those in the audience, you are really trying to convince those watching the TV. So when he turned around and stayed there it made it awkward.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Get yourself a shotgun and stay away from the mary jane... it's a gateway drug.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elec...teway-drug-concern/ar-BBWWuLI?ocid=spartanntp

Biden, the lone top 2020 Democrat to oppose federal marijuana legalization, cites 'gateway drug' concern
William Cummings, USA TODAY
2 hrs ago

Former Vice President Joe Biden said Saturday that more study is needed to determine if marijuana is "a gateway drug," making him the only one of the leading Democratic presidential primary candidates to oppose legalization on the federal level.

Biden – who said in 2010, "I still believe it's a gateway drug," and that "legalization is a mistake" – was asked at a town hall in Las Vegas if his position on the issue had changed.

"No, it hasn't changed," Biden said. He explained that while he supports allowing states to determine their own marijuana policies, "the truth of the matter is, there has not been nearly enough evidence acquired as to whether or not it's a gateway drug."

Though Biden opposes legalization on the federal level, he said anyone currently incarcerated for marijuana should be released and that criminal records should be expunged of any marijuana charges. He also supports removing marijuana from the list of Schedule 1 drugs, which says it has no medical use, to Schedule III, which would make it easier to research.

The gateway drug theory says that marijuana use can lead to the use of harder drugs like heroin or cocaine because it fuels an appetite to experiment with other drugs and enters the user in a social circle where other drugs are available. Critics of the theory say that myriad factors that contribute to addiction and that no evidence has been found that pot's effects lead to hard drugs.

"It's a debate. Before I legalize it nationally, I want to make sure we know a lot more about the science behind it," Biden said.

He added that it "is not irrational to do more scientific investigation to determine, which we have not done significantly enough, whether or not there are any things that relate to whether it's a gateway drug or not."

The National Institute on Drug Abuse agrees with Biden that more study is needed. It said most research shows that most hard drug users tried marijuana first, but the majority of people who use marijuana don't go on to more dangerous substances. It said an alternative explanation could be that "people who are more vulnerable to drug-taking are simply more likely to start with readily available substances such as marijuana, tobacco, or alcohol."

Biden's stance contrasts with most other Democratic candidates who are seeking the nomination from voters who heavily favor legalization. According to a poll from the Pew Research Center that was released on Thursday, 78% of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents think marijuana should be legal.

Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont has vowed to legalize marijuana by executive order in his first 100 days if he is elected president. Sanders is a co-sponsor of a bill, along with fellow 2020 candidates Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker and Michael Bennet that would make marijuana legal and expunge criminal records.

South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who admitted last month to using pot a "handful of times a long time ago," favors total legalization and the expungement of records. He also opposes incarceration for the possession of any drug.

Eleven states and the District of Columbia have approved the use of recreational marijuana and 33 states allow the use of medical marijuana. Another 15 states have decriminalized marijuana possession.

Contributing: Trevor Hughes, USA TODAY; The Associated Press

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Didn't watch last night, but damn, he's getting harder & harder to watch. It's like watching Lee Corso struggle through College Gameday.

A beauty from last night:
Near the end of the debate, Biden answered a question about the legacy of slavery and segregation with a rambling discourse that touched on mortgage policies, teacher salaries, parental responsibility and circled around to Venezuela.

Biden: “Well, they have to deal with — look, there’s institutional segregation in this country. And from the time I got involved, I started dealing with that. Redlining, banks, making sure we are in a position where — look, you talk about education. I propose that what we take is those very poor schools, the Title I schools, triple the amount of money we spend from $15 to $45 billion a year. Give every single teacher a raise to the equal raise of, getting out—the $60,000 level. Number two, make sure that we bring in to help the teachers deal with the problems that come from home. The problems that come from home, we need — we have one school psychologist for every 1,500 kids in America today. It’s crazy. The teachers are — I’m married to a teacher, my deceased wife is a teacher. They have every problem coming to them. We have to make sure that every single child does, in fact, have 3, 4 and 5-year-olds go to school. School. Not day care, school. We bring social workers into homes and parents, to help them deal with how to raise their children. It’s not that they don’t want to help, they don’t know quite what to do. Play the radio, make sure the television — excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night, the phone — make sure that kids hear words, a kid coming from a very poor school — a very poor background will hear 4 million words fewer spoken by the time they get there. There’s so much –”
Moderator: “Thank you, Mr. Vice president. “
Biden: “No, I’m going to go like the rest of them do, twice over. OK? Because here’s the deal. The deal is that we’ve got this a little backwards. And by the way, in Venezuela, we should be allowing people to come here from Venezuela. I know Maduro. I’ve confronted Maduro. Number two, you talk about the need to do something in Latin America. I’m the guy that came up with $740 million, to see to it those three countries, in fact, changed their system so people don’t have a chance to leave. You’re all acting like we just discovered this yesterday. Thank you very much.”
CB066CCC-1723-43C8-AEAB-A03BCD7B8B2F.png

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
No Joe. That's a big fat "NO" from me. :angry::thumbdown:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
Holding manufacturers responsible has to be THE stupidest idea that I've ever seen. In what world should a manufacturer of ANY kind of item be held responsible for the misuse of their product??? Hell, cigarette companies KNOW that their product kills people under its INTENDED use and the worst thing we do about it is put an age limit and tax on it!!

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Holding manufacturers responsible has to be THE stupidest idea that I've ever seen. In what world should a manufacturer of ANY kind of item be held responsible for the misuse of their product??? Hell, cigarette companies KNOW that their product kills people under its intended use and the worst thing we do about it is put an age limit and tax on it!!
But with Joe running the show, eventually we will be able to sue Ford and Anheuser-Busch for vehicular fatalities. :derp: