This weeks Polls

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Must be nice to lose a game and 12 hours later still be considered a playoff team. It's 2011 all over again. If georgia beats bama in the SEC title game both teams will get in. Oh well OSU getting screwed in 2011 is what led to the playoff. Will OSU getting screwed in 2020 lead to expanding to 8 teams?
The college athletes and coaches need to lobby for 8 teams now...this is the best time to implement it...THIS year is perfect for it.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Hold on. Is Oregon considered Blue-blood?
I imagine them to be on the same Tier with us.

Tier 1: Bama, Clemson.
Tier 2: GA, OU, LSU, tOSU
Tier 3: Good Guys, Oregon, Wisconsin, WA, etc
I'm afraid Nike money/publicity and a few good seasons put them ahead of us in the eyes of the general public and pollsters. I certainly don't think of them as a "blue blood," but I fear recent history favors them in too many eyes.

Nov 18, 2010
Normally, there's only 2 tiers.

Tier 1 - can make playoff with 1 loss.
Tier 2 - has to go undefeated.

Oh, and you have to be in a power 5 conference, or you're auto-disqualified before the season starts.

It's going to be really interesting to see how they market a pac 12 team who's only played 6 games. Because you can't, logically, put them in over a team who's played a full season and won their power 5 conference.

Nov 18, 2010
The college athletes and coaches need to lobby for 8 teams now...this is the best time to implement it...THIS year is perfect for it.
This please. They're restructuring every sport on the planet....so how about a 2020 only, 8 team playoff.
Let people see what it looks like.

All the arguments about too many games are null this year, since everyone is playing 2-4 fewer games.

Nov 18, 2010
I'm concerned about an Oregon team with only a 6 game schedule. They shouldn't even be considered.

The only other "ranked" PAC12 team is USC @ #25 and they are on the other side of the bracket.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Pac12 teams have 2 or 3 games postponed. The west coast is lockdown central. And they didn't leave any bye weeks in the schedule.

Oregon may only have 3 or 4 games under itse belt by the time playoff decisions are made.

I think the Pac12 is only scheduling games to avoid having mass transfers and utterly destroying their programs for the fture.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
This please. They're restructuring every sport on the planet....so how about a 2020 only, 8 team playoff.
Let people see what it looks like.

All the arguments about too many games are null this year, since everyone is playing 2-4 fewer games.
And the other argument of games getting in the way of school finals were thrown out this year as they move games and champ games back and back in Dec. . . .

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Normally, there's only 2 tiers.

Tier 1 - can make playoff with 1 loss.
Tier 2 - has to go undefeated.

Oh, and you have to be in a power 5 conference, or you're auto-disqualified before the season starts.

It's going to be really interesting to see how they market a pac 12 team who's only played 6 games. Because you can't, logically, put them in over a team who's played a full season and won their power 5 conference.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

you said logically in a post about the ncaa