This morning's Fox News polls

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Democrats like yourself make that a self-fulfilling prophecy, don't you?
Don't disagree at all. But the party isn't showing ANY signs of pulling back to the middle. Hell, if anything they are showing they are prepared to go even further left (and extremely progressive).

They've alienated too many of us. And the party leaders obviously do not care.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Don't disagree at all. But the party isn't showing ANY signs of pulling back to the middle. Hell, if anything they are showing they are prepared to go even further left (and extremely progressive).

Which is exactly what self-fulfilling prophesy means. If you are waiting for the far left whackos to become the middle so that you can help the middle candidates overcome the left wing whacko candidates, it is never gonna happen.

Yang is too left for me on many policies. But, he says he would base his decisions on data and I believe that.

Trump is too amoral for me on most things. He has done some things I like but his treatment of immigrant children is unacceptable. His treatment of our budget is unacceptable. Surface looks great. Pull back the covers and it is dangerous.

I honestly do not know what I would do if I have to choose Trump vs Warren/Sanders.

Nov 6, 2010

I disagree. Yang has been steadily gaining, up to 4th now I believe. He was starting from zero name recognition, and in our lazy electorate, name recognition is the only thing that really matters. When people hear what Yang has to say, they like it, and he gains. It is just SO hard to get the message out to the masses when the masses only tune into facebook and the Masked Singer.

Now there is clearly a far left block that is behind Sanders/Warren. To me the most interesting thing in the consolidation process of the next few weeks is what happens when one of those two drop out. Do their liberal supporters unite around the survivor, or is there enough bad blood that those supports flock to the front-runner?

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Which is exactly what self-fulfilling prophesy means. If you are waiting for the far left whackos to become the middle so that you can help the middle candidates overcome the left wing whacko candidates, it is never gonna happen.

Yang is too left for me on many policies. But, he says he would base his decisions on data and I believe that.

Trump is too amoral for me on most things. He has done some things I like but his treatment of immigrant children is unacceptable. His treatment of our budget is unacceptable. Surface looks great. Pull back the covers and it is dangerous.

I honestly do not know what I would do if I have to choose Trump vs Warren/Sanders.
I know what self-fulfilling prophecy means. It also means even though the center and moderate Dems are screaming for Yang or Gabbard... we aren't going to get to see them.

You guys really think it's NOT going to be one of Biden, Sanders or Warren?!??

I'm not waiting for the far left whackos to become the middle. I truly believe it is too late. I'd vote for Yang or Gabbard in the primary.

But when it comes down to the general election, it's going to be Biden, Warren, or Sanders vs. Trump. And I'll vote Trump.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Here is my crystal ball question...should Bernie fail again, do we see the democratic party split?

This is something I hadn't thought about before but with AOC's recent statements that the party is Center Right and in other countries she and Biden wouldn't be in the same party it has made me wonder.

By the way, I think Bloomberg ends up as the nominee. My far left son will vote for Bernie or Warren but I can't see him voting for Bloomberg.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
This will be my first time voting in a Democratic primary since I was in college back in the 90's. At this point, I have no clue who I will be voting for. Definitely not Biden.

I'm probably leaning toward Yang. More of a protest vote, but I do think he is just as smart or smarter than the rest of them. Plus he isn't as full of shit as the others. Even if I don't agree with him on a lot of things. I put his chance at the nomination at slightly above zero. Pretty craptastic field. Very reminiscent of the GOP in '16.

No matter what I will be voting against the dipshit in chief. I won't like it if it is Biden, Warren, or Sanders. Again, very reminiscent of '16 in the general as well. No good choices.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
I disagree. Yang has been steadily gaining, up to 4th now I believe. He was starting from zero name recognition, and in our lazy electorate, name recognition is the only thing that really matters. When people hear what Yang has to say, they like it, and he gains. It is just SO hard to get the message out to the masses when the masses only tune into facebook and the Masked Singer.

Now there is clearly a far left block that is behind Sanders/Warren. To me the most interesting thing in the consolidation process of the next few weeks is what happens when one of those two drop out. Do their liberal supporters unite around the survivor, or is there enough bad blood that those supports flock to the front-runner?
I have actually begun paying some attention to Michael Bloomberg. I visited his website recently and the guy is already actively involved (actions plus HIS OWN MONEY) in causes I believe strongly in. I have no idea if he can get elected but I think if voters would take a fair, unbiased look at what the guy is already doing, they would be impressed. And if your primary interest is in the economy, well...no one knows American business and economics better than Bloomberg.

Nov 6, 2010
This will be my first time voting in a Democratic primary since I was in college back in the 90's. At this point, I have no clue who I will be voting for. Definitely not Biden.

I'm probably leaning toward Yang. More of a protest vote, but I do think he is just as smart or smarter than the rest of them. Plus he isn't as full of shit as the others. Even if I don't agree with him on a lot of things. I put his chance at the nomination at slightly above zero. Pretty craptastic field. Very reminiscent of the GOP in '16.

No matter what I will be voting against the dipshit in chief. I won't like it if it is Biden, Warren, or Sanders. Very reminiscent of '16. No good choices.
Yea, I don't think Yang can win it, but I bet he is going to be high on some VP lists for whoever does win.

Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
If Biden would marry his son Hunter this would tick a couple of boxes and picking Congresswomen Maxine Waters as Vep would seal the deal.If the DNC would make this bold move it would bring the party together and thus victory would no longer be in doubt.The ole double move get ur dun Dems.

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
Here is my crystal ball question...should Bernie fail again, do we see the democratic party split?

This is something I hadn't thought about before but with AOC's recent statements that the party is Center Right and in other countries she and Biden wouldn't be in the same party it has made me wonder.

By the way, I think Bloomberg ends up as the nominee. My far left son will vote for Bernie or Warren but I can't see him voting for Bloomberg.
I will support whomever the party nominates, but right now I think I would be happiest with Warren or Bloomberg.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I know what self-fulfilling prophecy means. It also means even though the center and moderate Dems are screaming for Yang or Gabbard... we aren't going to get to see them.

You guys really think it's NOT going to be one of Biden, Sanders or Warren?!??

I'm not waiting for the far left whackos to become the middle. I truly believe it is too late. I'd vote for Yang or Gabbard in the primary.

But when it comes down to the general election, it's going to be Biden, Warren, or Sanders vs. Trump. And I'll vote Trump.
Dude, you ARE the center and moderate dems! And you are NOT screaming for Yang or Gabbard. I'm the only idiot doing that around here. You are screaming that the party left you and that you are voting straight party line for republicans. That is my point. People are buying into the divisiveness of people like Trump, H Clinton, Sanders, and Warren and that divisiveness empowers those people. Meanwhile, the Kasich/Yang/Gabbbard types are being told that as soon as they have people on board others will get on board.

It is like telling your chest that as soon as it is able to bench 225lbs you will start working out but until then you are gonna keep eating Doritos like everyone else.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

When you're so far left that you think left is right of center... :blink:

I listen to talk radio during my commute and bounce around between POTUS, Patriot and Progress (to get all the sides covered) and the morning show on Progress the other morning floated the thought of if a 3rd party was needed on the left. Imagine it. A party made up ENTIRELY of the most insanely left of the Democratic party...