This is what happens...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Gleeson accepted the OSU job with full knowledge of Gundy's scheme.
So answer me this. Both Yurcich and Gleeson were touted and sold to the team, fans and administration for their innovative, productive offenses. If there is no intention of them running what made them appealing, why not get the guy on the corner selling pencils
Because the guy on the corner selling pencils knows about as much about running an offense as you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010
“More feasible to hypothesize Gleeson (2 “ee”s) became disgruntled by the amount of input/interference from Gundy....”

What’s your evidence there was any input or interference? Making stuff up again?

Here are facts and some addition press reports:

Gleeson grew up and went to school in New Jersey.
His wife is from New Jersey
His Kids went to and could go back to school in New Jersey
He got a 40% raise and 3-year contract to go back to New Jersey.

From the Berkshire Eagle:
Sean Gleeson is a Jersey guy through and through. That’s why the challenge of helping rebuild the Rutgers University football program was so enticing.
Gleeson, who played quarterback at Williams from 2003-06, grew up going to Rutgers games, and remembers when the Scarlet Knights were one of the better teams in the east. As the new offensive coordinator, he’ll now have a hand in getting the program back to those heights.
“Having grown up in New Jersey, everyone across the state has their own allegiances with pro teams. But one thing that does unify everyone in the state is that everyone has Rutgers,” Gleeson said. “It’s the lone big-time college football team.”

From the Atlantic City Press:
Sean Gleeson didn’t find many Bruce Springsteen fans in Oklahoma.
He did, however, burnish his reputation as one of college football’s most talented offensive coordinators.
Gleeson was hired in January as Rutgers University’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. He was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oklahoma State last season but grew up in Glen Ridge, Essex County. He taught and coached at Delbarton High School before moving on to Princeton University, where he was the offensive coordinator under head coach Bob Surace, who grew up in Millville and graduated from the high school there.
Gleeson might be Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano’s most high-profile hire. Gleeson said during a conference call Tuesday morning he signed his Rutgers contract at his Oklahoma home in January with a live version of Springsteen’s “Prove It All Night” blaring in background.

But keep up your ridiculous narrative about Gleeson’s reason for leaving, and Gundy’s “program wrecking input/interference” into his subordinates jobs.

The same way that I've said over and over that it's your prerogative to think Gleason left and everything was great between him and Gundy, your also welcome to If you want to believe that Gleason wasn't forced to run Gundys offense.

The evidence is that Gleason ran an offense under Gundy that he didn't run before he was here.

If you don't believe that you are wrong

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
We were paying Mike Yurcich $800,000 a year

So...yes...if things were good between Gleason and Gundy, absolutely we would have matched Rutgers
Wrong again, by all accounts, Gleason was a raging a-hole to both players and coaches. He was asked to leave, but not because he wouldn't be Gundy's puppet.
Yeah, I’ve heard the same thing. If true, I’m sure it would have been a factor as to if and how much Gundy would have paid to retain him.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Heres a quote from Mike Yurcich on Gundys involvement

“He didn’t want to change systems,” Yurcich says. “He’s like, just learn our stuff"
So what? Was that said out of frustration, or just the facts? Does that mean Gundy is interfering with his job? Interfering such that Yurcich didn’t feel like he could perform his job?

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
So you're saying that Gleason was a raging a-hole to both players and coaches but things were good between him and Gundy?

I'm not doubting your statements about Gleason, I'm thinking that, if that was the case, then there were going to be issues between him and Gundy.

Which goes to my point as to why we didn't keep him

And.....My contention is that things weren't good between Gundy and Gleason and thats why Gleason left and we didmt try and keep him.

It's more than feasible to hypothesize that Gleason became disgruntled by the amount of input/ interference from Gundy with the offense, then became an A-Hole about it.
Don't try to whitewash it now. Your insinuation was that Gleason left for Rutgers because of Gundy.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
“More feasible to hypothesize Gleeson (2 “ee”s) became disgruntled by the amount of input/interference from Gundy....”

What’s your evidence there was any input or interference? Making stuff up again?

Here are facts and some addition press reports:

Gleeson grew up and went to school in New Jersey.
His wife is from New Jersey
His Kids went to and could go back to school in New Jersey
He got a 40% raise and 3-year contract to go back to New Jersey.

From the Berkshire Eagle:
Sean Gleeson is a Jersey guy through and through. That’s why the challenge of helping rebuild the Rutgers University football program was so enticing.
Gleeson, who played quarterback at Williams from 2003-06, grew up going to Rutgers games, and remembers when the Scarlet Knights were one of the better teams in the east. As the new offensive coordinator, he’ll now have a hand in getting the program back to those heights.
“Having grown up in New Jersey, everyone across the state has their own allegiances with pro teams. But one thing that does unify everyone in the state is that everyone has Rutgers,” Gleeson said. “It’s the lone big-time college football team.”

From the Atlantic City Press:
Sean Gleeson didn’t find many Bruce Springsteen fans in Oklahoma.
He did, however, burnish his reputation as one of college football’s most talented offensive coordinators.
Gleeson was hired in January as Rutgers University’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. He was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oklahoma State last season but grew up in Glen Ridge, Essex County. He taught and coached at Delbarton High School before moving on to Princeton University, where he was the offensive coordinator under head coach Bob Surace, who grew up in Millville and graduated from the high school there.
Gleeson might be Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano’s most high-profile hire. Gleeson said during a conference call Tuesday morning he signed his Rutgers contract at his Oklahoma home in January with a live version of Springsteen’s “Prove It All Night” blaring in background.

But keep up your ridiculous narrative about Gleeson’s reason for leaving, and Gundy’s “program wrecking input/interference” into his subordinates jobs.

The same way that I've said over and over that it's your prerogative to think Gleason left and everything was great between him and Gundy, your also welcome to If you want to believe that Gleason wasn't forced to run Gundys offense.

The evidence is that Gleason ran an offense under Gundy that he didn't run before he was here.

If you don't believe that you are wrong
So what?

You said Gleeson (you’ll never learn how to spell) left because he disagreed with Gundy. Gleeson (or Yurcich for that matter) wasn’t hired to run their offense. They were hired to run OSUs offense and any positive twists or tweaks, if any, that could add.

Why are so many fans utterly befuddled by that idea?

Nov 14, 2010
Don't try to whitewash it now. Your insinuation was that Gleason left for Rutgers because of Gundy.
I just explained that

I think Gleason was disgruntled with Gundys interference.

If you are correct that he was an A-Hole, my assertion is that is probably a large reason why.

Has Gleason ever been thought of a A-Hole by any of the other coaches hes worked with outside of OSU?

Nov 14, 2010
So what?

You said Gleeson (you’ll never learn how to spell) left because he disagreed with Gundy. Gleeson (or Yurcich for that matter) wasn’t hired to run their offense. They were hired to run OSUs offense and any positive twists or tweaks, if any, that could add.

I'm glad to read that you're finally admitting that Gundy has forced these guys to run his offense and not theirs.

Case closed!

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I just explained that

I think Gleason was disgruntled with Gundys interference.

If you are correct that he was an A-Hole, my assertion is that is probably a large reason why.

Has Gleason ever been thought of a A-Hole by any of the other coaches hes worked with outside of OSU?
No...you didn't, as usual you repeated your usual diatribe, several times, insinuating it was Gundy's fault that Gleason left when in fact it was Gleason's fault that Gleason left.

Nov 14, 2010
As long as you repeatedly spout untrue things, I will.

Dude.
So..... you know that Gleeson was an A- Hole and you know that him being that wasn't because he was disgruntled?

Are there any reports of him ever being even remotely like that anywhere else he had been?

I'm giving an opinion on him being disgruntled not stating it as fact.

You say my opinion is untrue.....
How do you know?

Do you have anything other than your opinion that he wasn't disgruntled?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So what?

I'm glad to read that you're finally admitting that Gundy has forced these guys to run his offense and not theirs.

Case closed!
Gundy is not forcing anything. The OCs were hired with the understanding they were gonna be running an offense that honored Gundy’s offensive philosophies. If that included some new concepts or twists, great. Holgorson was the only one hired with an understanding he was going to implement a new offense (but still honoring Gundy’s offensive philosophies) suited for a drop-back passer with spread concepts instead of a zone-read QB.

Nov 14, 2010
Gundy is not forcing anything. The OCs were hired with the understanding they were gonna be running an offense that honored Gundy’s offensive philosophies. If that included some new concepts or twists, great. Holgorson was the only one hired with an understanding he was going to implement a new offense (but still honoring Gundy’s offensive philosophies) suited for a drop-back passer with spread concepts instead of a zone-read QB.

Excellent

Glad you're finally on board

Nov 14, 2010
There had to be some kind of problem, Gundy's stated goal was to reduce the turnover at OC
Exactly

And OSU has already shown just the year before that we were willing to pay an OC enough to match his offer at Rutgers.

Or at least really, really close to it.

But again, as I stated earlier.... no one really knows or will ever actually know other than Gleeson himself

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
So..... you know that Gleeson was an A- Hole and you know that him being that wasn't because he was disgruntled?

Are there any reports of him ever being even remotely like that anywhere else he had been?

I'm giving an opinion on him being disgruntled not stating it as fact.

You say my opinion is untrue.....
How do you know?
Because I know. Gleason was a Jersey Boy in the middle of the nation. His attitude didn't fit with the culture. He was disrespectful to everyone, from the A.D. to fellow coaches, to the players. He was chemo'd out.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Exactly

And OSU has already shown just the year before that we were willing to pay an OC enough to match his offer at Rutgers.

Or at least really, really close to it.

But again, as I stated earlier.... no one really knows or will ever actually know other than Gleeson himself
Wrong again, the entire program knows. Just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.