This is what happens...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 23, 2010
This is what happens when you have a team that has 4 and 5 stars.. sad thing is this was the year for people to beat them. Their recruiting has upticked even more and they are extremely young, which means all these freshmen that Fowler and herb keep talking about will be older and then be backed up by future young 4 and 5 star. They're a blue blood for a reason and it's hard to accept, but what the hell else do you do

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Nobody thought Oklahoma was gonna make noise this year. Everybody I’ve heard talking about it, including myself says 2021-2022 is OU’s time with Rattler and Grinch’s guys.

This wasn’t a rebuilding year. It was a grow up year. Lost a ton of experience and leadership and gotta replace it somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2012
Nobody thought Oklahoma was gonna make noise this year. Everybody I’ve heard talking about it, including myself says 2021-2022 is OU’s time with Rattler and Grinch’s guys.

This wasn’t a rebuilding year. It was a grow up year. Lost a ton of experience and leadership and gotta replace it somehow.

Lol. Ok...

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
This is what happens when you have a team that has 4 and 5 stars.. sad thing is this was the year for people to beat them. Their recruiting has upticked even more and they are extremely young, which means all these freshmen that Fowler and herb keep talking about will be older and then be backed up by future young 4 and 5 star. They're a blue blood for a reason and it's hard to accept, but what the hell else do you do
Its not just about talent there are other teams that compete with them that have the same or less amount of talent.

Jan 1, 2008

I really think that's a great way to describe it.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO

Ah, yes. Right on time. A typical classless gooner a-hole comes on after the fact to gloat. He's a fan that has no degree from ou. Probably never seen the inside of an ou classroom, but he's a winner in life because he's attached his status to a football program inside a state his never been out of.

Way to go, genius.

He's probably a New York Yankees and former New England Patriots fan

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I know this a-hole. Well, maybe not this particular one, but another cut from the same gutless cloth.

My former roommate in the fraternity and outside the fraternity (that never went to class and eventually his ollman father shut off the tap) was still techically a 1st semester freshman when he left OSU three years later to go back home to work in his father's business.

Long story short, the business failed in the oil crash, sending the high school degreed guy to work in the Oklahoma prison system as a guard.
Over the years, he turned into an ou fan, which was shocking in a sense, but then I suppose he was looking for some sort of "change in his fortures" type of thing. Or OSU football was too frustrating to emotionally invest in.

He turned into an enormous redneck jerk from decades of working around hardened felons and ou fans (redundant? No sure.).

So I wanted to place a small, friendly wager on the game with the request that all communication about the game take place BEFORE kickoff and after Sunday (as so to keep the Lord's Day as holy as possible).

Well, he didn't want to give the point spread and so no bet. PLUS, about midway through the 1st quarter he texted me several times to gloat in a way (like Typical Gooner) that seems so "I'm shocked this happened!".

Simply put: No class gooners have their Christmas early in another installment of -- "How else can 2020 be more f'd up?!".

I loathe this type of gooner fan.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia

The young talented players had gained experience and made drastic progress as the season went along.
Talents aside, coaching and fast swagger differences between the teams.

On the other hand Gundy try to play Old rejuvenated Zac Robinson Offense with Straight Ahead power football but with depleted OLs , yet it looks like predictable Gundy 101 to me....while Lincoln Riley was running misdirection pulling guards upon the efficient downfield and sideline (behind the LOS too) passing games.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I know this a-hole. Well, maybe not this particular one, but another cut from the same gutless cloth.

My former roommate in the fraternity and outside the fraternity (that never went to class and eventually his ollman father shut off the tap) was still techically a 1st semester freshman when he left OSU three years later to go back home to work in his father's business.

Long story short, the business failed in the oil crash, sending the high school degreed guy to work in the Oklahoma prison system as a guard.
Over the years, he turned into an ou fan, which was shocking in a sense, but then I suppose he was looking for some sort of "change in his fortures" type of thing. Or OSU football was too frustrating to emotionally invest in.

He turned into an enormous redneck jerk from decades of working around hardened felons and ou fans (redundant? No sure.).

So I wanted to place a small, friendly wager on the game with the request that all communication about the game take place BEFORE kickoff and after Sunday (as so to keep the Lord's Day as holy as possible).

Well, he didn't want to give the point spread and so no bet. PLUS, about midway through the 1st quarter he texted me several times to gloat in a way (like Typical Gooner) that seems so "I'm shocked this happened!".

Simply put: No class gooners have their Christmas early in another installment of -- "How else can 2020 be more f'd up?!".

I always think about this jack wagon that went to my high school. He went to OSU and walked on to the football team. He found his way onto the field a time or 2 for special teams.

Years later I saw him on TV in OU garb head to toe yelling Boomer Sooner the day before the RRR. How do you go from actually playing for the team to rooting for their rival?

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The young talented players had gained experience and made drastic progress as the season went along.
Talents aside, coaching and fast swagger differences between the teams.

On the other hand Gundy try to play Old rejuvenated Zac Robinson Offense with Straight Ahead power football but with depleted OLs , yet it looks like predictable Gundy 101 to me....while Lincoln Riley was running misdirection pulling guards upon the efficient downfield and sideline (behind the LOS too) passing games.
It was chess against checkers. Then again, if all your pawns were removed before the game started it would be hard to come up with a good chess strategy. I think it's a big part of the reason so many of us had conceded this game before it started.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

You’re one of those Pokes that needs therapy.

Have a civil conversation.

It’s really not difficult.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

Every. Single. One. Of. Them.
They are all like this

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee

I agree that OU should be better the next two years based on experience, but you were top 10 to open the season.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

I agree that OU should be better the next two years based on experience, but you were top 10 to open the season.
A lot of teams are. Things change. OU’s climbing back up there as we speak though.