These states have the best economies in the US: study

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Almost all of them are west of the Rockies! maybe not "almost all of them", but almost all of the western region of the US

These states have the best economies in the US: study

the top 10 states with the best economies according to WalletHub’s study.
1. Washington
2. Utah
3. Massachusetts
4. California
5. Colorado
6. District of Columbia
7. Idaho
8. Oregon
9. New Hampshire
10. North Carolina

If the Democrats had not taken over the US House, then Nevada and Prostitution might also be on the list instead of #6. [lol]

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
What's their criteria here? I believe California, Utah, Washington, Idaho and North Carolina. Having trouble with Oregon, Mass, and New Hampshire. No Texas or Georgia seems off too.

Also, surprised you shared this. NC and Utah are the only conservative states on this list. I can't believe the great tea party experiments in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana failed!

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
What's their criteria here? I believe California, Utah, Washington, Idaho and North Carolina. Having trouble with Oregon, Mass, and New Hampshire. No Texas or Georgia seems off too.

Also, surprised you shared this. NC and Utah are the only conservative states on this list. I can't believe the great tea party experiments in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana failed!
ahhh.... sorry.. I meant to include the link.

Washington state reportedly has the best economy in America, according to a new study.

The analysis, published by WalletHub on Monday, looked at 28 indicators across three dimensions: economic activity, economic health and innovation potential.

Some of those indicators included GDP growth, exports per capita, unemployment, underemployment, growth in number of businesses and entrepreneurial activity.

Each indicator was given a specific weight and each state was given a score for each area, the study noted. Researchers then calculated each state’s average, which was used to rank them.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/top-10-best-state-economies-study

Oct 30, 2007
This study seems a little biased. 1/3 of the ranking is based off of "Innovation Potential". This obviously favors states like California. They may have more technology jobs and patents issued than a state like Texas, but that doesn't mean they have a better economy.

They're citing GDP growth numbers going back to 2017. The latest quarterly release shows Texas growing at the fastest rate in the country. 3X the rate of California, and more than twice the rate of Washington.
1559686693662.png

Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
Texas getting a thousand new residents a day according to a recent news article. Also, producing over 1.2 billion barrels of oil in 2017, most refined and exported to other states/countries, should fit in somewhere.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Anytime I see something like this it's automatic bull shit..... Read one of these similar about healthy cities and one of the criteria was access to organic or locally grown food. When organic and locally grown food have no tangible nutritional benefit over any other foods. Innovation potential is a bullshit metric and is carrying the numbers.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
How do you know they didn’t improve their respective relative positions?
There's no objective metric where those three states are better off now than they were 12 years ago. We could dig up education statistics, population growth, drug usage, job creation... whatever measure you want. I'm willing to bet that Oklahoma, Kansas, and Louisiana are all in worse shape now than they were when Bush was president... corporate taxes are probably the only thing that is better and that's only in favor of the corporations.