There’s always TCU...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I don’t see it. Last week was a fluke for both teams. We’ll see how they do today. They’re playing a much better team than us at home. If the get back to playing average, they beat us by 14+.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
maybe ill win the lottery so I'm not at home pounding away on the keyboard late on my payments.
I hate missing payments. I hope my unemployment check comes in to cover my utilities. I should have never gone self employed on Facebook because everyone believes I’m unemployed except my bank account.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Maybe after getting tired of having our teeth kicked in for the next two weeks, we’ll nut up and beat TCU to close out the season and get to a bottom tier bowl game!
Good effort to stay positive. I don't really give a **** about TCU. The 2 teams I most hate in the conference are OU and Baylor. We suck against OU and people try to tell me others do too so that's just life, but the fact is we underperform against OU relative to our overall win loss record in the conference. Against the entire conference we are a clear #2 in the last decade. Against OU we're more middle of the pack.

By the end of this season, Kansas will likely be the only team with a worse record over the last 5 years against Baylor. Baylor is STILL awaiting the punishment from an investigation that the NCAA found them to have a "lack of institutional control". They are the 2nd year into a new coach who had to recruit in the middle of a dumpster fire and lost pretty much an entire signing class. Yet somehow they out recruit and outplay us. Before someone points out they are in Texas, I'd like to point out they were in Texas for the first 14 years of their Big 12 membership and won a total of 14 conference games. Just being in Texas didn't help them much then.

In 2005 they found a way to win 2 conference games, we were one of them.
2012 they won 4 conference games, we were one of them.
2016 they won 3 conference games, we were one of them.
This year they will likely win 3 conference games, we were one of them.

Baylor was on the ropes as a program and we keep trying our best to pull them back up. We are told it takes half a decade to rebuild an offensive line, but Baylor managed to do it in 1 year while facing NCAA sanctions.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Good effort to stay positive. I don't really give a **** about TCU. The 2 teams I most hate in the conference are OU and Baylor. We suck against OU and people try to tell me others do too so that's just life, but the fact is we underperform against OU relative to our overall win loss record in the conference. Against the entire conference we are a clear #2 in the last decade. Against OU we're more middle of the pack.

Against Baylor, by the end of this season, Kansas will likely be the only team with a worse record over the last 5 years against Baylor. Baylor is STILL awaiting the punishment from an investigation that the NCAA found them to have a "lack of institutional control". They are the 2nd year into a new coach who had to recruit in the middle of a dumpster fire and lost pretty much an entire signing class. Yet somehow they out recruit and outplay us. Before someone points out they are in Texas, I'd like to point out they were in Texas for the first 14 years of their Big 12 membership and won a total of 14 conference games. Just being in Texas didn't help them much then.

Baylor was on the ropes as a program and we keep trying our best to pull them back up. We are told it takes half a decade to rebuild an offensive line, but Baylor managed to do it in 1 year while facing NCAA sanctions.
This is such a sad but true post.

Nov 26, 2008
Austin, TX

Against Baylor, by the end of this season, Kansas will likely be the only team with a worse record over the last 5 years against Baylor. Baylor is STILL awaiting the punishment from an investigation that the NCAA found them to have a "lack of institutional control". They are the 2nd year into a new coach who had to recruit in the middle of a dumpster fire and lost pretty much an entire signing class. Yet somehow they out recruit and outplay us. Before someone points out they are in Texas, I'd like to point out they were in Texas for the first 14 years of their Big 12 membership and won a total of 14 conference games. Just being in Texas didn't help them much then.

but, but, its too hard to get good players to come to Stillwater... Waco is practically the French Riveria!!

Mar 31, 2011
I'm teetering between OSU finishing 3-0 or finishing 2-1. With Bedlam being the possible loss. The WVU game might as well not be played because it's a foregone conclusion that the Pokes come out ahead in that one. TCU will be a W because OSU is just a much better team.

Come on, join me! It's more fun to be optimistic than downtrodden.

Dec 17, 2011
I'm teetering between OSU finishing 3-0 or finishing 2-1. With Bedlam being the possible loss. The WVU game might as well not be played because it's a foregone conclusion that the Pokes come out ahead in that one. TCU will be a W because OSU is just a much better team.

:koolaid:

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa

I like your style.