The unOfficial CUT THE MULLET campaign begins here!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Basically you can stretch this same thought process to OU. I mean, you guys want to be like Alabama but, you’re just Crimson Tide Lite. It’s okay, you have accepted it as fans.
In terms of Bob Stoops yes, they squeezed the last bit of sweat out of that towel and he was pretty much finished.But he did something gundy couldnt do: kept OU in contention almost every year he was there. yes it would be nice to be the champs every year, that's not a reasonable expectation; so being contenders every year is the next best thing. Instead of accepting this as the upper limit of the program, Bob graciously left it in the hands of someone who could bring them even further. I love it. Call it anything you want, it's nice being an OU fan right now, with a hell of a coach who hasnt even scratched the surface. For OU, The sky is the limit, for osu, well, you got gundy.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Woh is me... I can’t stand all these conference titles, playoff appearances, nfl draft picks and Heisman trophies. Ohhhh how much I lament the national attention, magazine covers, and rumor mill about teams wanting to poach our head coach. Ohhh how sad it makes me to be able to drop seven figures on a defensive coordinator to help fix the one true deficiency on our team and see it pay dividends right out of the gate.... I HATE all the recruits showing up to huge events and signing. Awwwwww Jesus I better just jump off a bridge!!!!! The end is nigh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you welcome the decommitments of the past few weeks?
Decommits happen all the time. OU is perfectly fine and will finish strong as always. Even the ones that decommit doesn’t mean they’re gone.

Have you seen the ones we got in the bag? Wanna compare and contrast that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Riley has this habit of telling kids to keep taking their visits, and to decommit if they want to keep options open. I have also heard a couple of the decommits came as after a conversation with the coaches regarding what direction they wanted to follow on the recruiting trail. Bet you they end up with another top 10 class by signing day.