The unOfficial CUT THE MULLET campaign begins here!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 15, 2019
The Woodlands
I firmly believe that gundy is the best coach osu has ever had. I also believe that he is unfortunately the best coach osu will ever have. Kinda weird but it seems like one of two things are or have happened: the mullet has peaked, or the osu as a program, has peaked. if the former, do you try to find something better? if the latter, do you keep the mullet and let him retire in a decade after his next bedlam win and perhaps talk bill self into trying his hand at football?
I agree. No reason to think we are in the running for any top coaches right now. Since gundy is best we've had so far, might as well stick with him.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You guys got mullets for marketing.

OU has trophies.

Priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Along with a trail littered with beaten, bruised and slut shamed women. Add along with a homosexual pickup scheme by upper administration and you have a real proud track record.
You seen incensed. You really shouldn’t allow anything to live this rent free in your noggin.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You seen incensed. You really shouldn’t allow anything to live this rent free in your noggin.

We are on an O-State blog being lectured about our coach's mullet being ridiculous by a person's avatar that appears to a shaved mohawk mullet from goonerville. Sweet.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Stockholm.

Syndrome.

You are such a moron. Please look up the meaning and then try to explain how Gundy has taken any of us hostage, I'll grab some popcorn.
1. Cognitive: confusion, blurred memory, refusal to accept the reality of events, and recurring flashbacks.

(Have you seen the main board lately? Or even in the past few years?)

2. Emotional: lack of feeling, fear, helplessness, hopelessness, aggression, depression, guilt, dependence on captor, and development of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

(This requires no explanation.)

3. Social: anxiety, irritability, cautiousness, and estrangement.

(We are literally having a discussion on a segregated board due to this.)

4. Physical: increase in effects of pre-existing conditions; development of health conditions due to possible restriction from food, sleep, and exposure to outdoors.

(Have you guys ever had an official sellout?)

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
1. Cognitive: confusion, blurred memory, refusal to accept the reality of events, and recurring flashbacks.

(Have you seen the main board lately? Or even in the past few years?)

2. Emotional: lack of feeling, fear, helplessness, hopelessness, aggression, depression, guilt, dependence on captor, and development of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

(This requires no explanation.)

3. Social: anxiety, irritability, cautiousness, and estrangement.

(We are literally having a discussion on a segregated board due to this.)

4. Physical: increase in effects of pre-existing conditions; development of health conditions due to possible restriction from food, sleep, and exposure to outdoors.

(Have you guys ever had an official sellout?)

Let me assist you, dummy.

Stockholm syndrome

NOUN
  1. feelings of trust or affection felt in many cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor.

Now, begin again.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You are such a moron. Please look up the meaning and then try to explain how Gundy has taken any of us hostage, I'll grab some popcorn.
It's closer to a catch-22 than stockholm syndrome. A circumstance from which there is no escape.
Circumstance- Osu cant win (big 12, natty, what have you).

He's the best coach osu has ever had. He's also the best coach osu will ever have. tough one.

But at the same time i can see stockholm syndrome. Think about it- he has osu by the nuts, he knows and osu knows that the mullet is the prettiest lady that would take osu to the prom. I mean yeah she's a solid 6.5 most days, 7 in a decent season, and a 7.5 on a good day. He knows he can pretty much do whatever he wants, i mean look how he's been acting the last couple seasons, it seems like he's extremely comfortable. A coach should feel comfortable, but not farting in the couch and growing a mullet comfortable. I mean you can see his assprint on the couch ya know? Anyway everyone has gotten used to his assprint on the couch, the top 50 classes and the once a decade bedlam win, turtle hunting, and you guys love it. Jeez maybe it is stockholm syndrome.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
It's closer to a catch-22 than stockholm syndrome. A circumstance from which there is no escape.

He's the best coach osu has ever had. He's also the best coach osu will ever have. tough one.

But at the same time i can see stockholm syndrome. Think about it- he has osu by the nuts, he knows and osu knows that the mullet is the prettiest lady that would take osu to the prom. I mean yeah she's a solid 6.5 most days, 7 in a decent season, and a 7.5 on a good day. He knows he can pretty much do whatever he wants, i mean look how he's been acting the last couple seasons, it seems like he's extremely comfortable. A coach should feel comfortable, but not farting in the couch and growing a mullet comfortable. I mean you can see his assprint on the couch ya know? Anyway everyone has gotten used to his assprint on the couch, the top 50 classes and the once a decade bedlam win, turtle hunting, and you guys love it. Jeez maybe it is stockholm syndrome.
Nope, not Stockholm Syndrome, not even close.

You two are proving to be just as knowledgeable about it as the dolt newscasters from the original Die Hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqnhA9d_B8

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

And here I thought you were just slightly smarter than TG. My mistake.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
No, I'm on to something here.

"Feelings of trust or affection" - check

"felt in many cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor." -

So here this would be more of a hostage-taking. The mullet is holding them hostage effectively because as indicated in my previous post he's the best coach osu has ever had. He's also the best coach osu will ever be able to get. He cant just get fired for sucking. There are no big name coaches who would take a job at osu right now, except maybe your boy miles. Everyone knows it, he doesn't have an impedes to win championships in stillwater, or to recruit at a high level, or to beat OU.

Case in point- He just got a raise and a contract extension after going 7-6, losing to OU and was on the ass end of multiple blowouts. That doesnt happen at a program with expectations. They want him to keep doing what he's doing.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Stockholm syndrome is a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity.

It’s logical that you guys would disagree that’s what this is. Fits the definition.

Aug 16, 2012
Stockholm syndrome is a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity.

It’s logical that you guys would disagree that’s what this is. Fits the definition.

We all know what it is. To be hostages, we would have to be taken by force and have no way out. Every fan can walk out if they wanted. Furthermore, as can be exhibited in recent threads, the last thing most of us fans have is a psychological alliance with him. We do not understand him at all.

Time to return your copy to the library. You were obviously using it to level a table.

1570559436340.png

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Actually it's osu that's being held hostage. He leveraged a feigned interest in Tennessee into a raise after a ten win season, giving hope to the masses. Then cruises through a 7-6 campaign not even giving you a glimpse of your future qb with a single snap all season. Then, somehow convinces administration that he still deserved another raise after winning just 7 games and losing to his biggest rival for the 4th straight season.

Win 10 games, win a bowl, win 5 games, lose to ksu, doesnt matter, he's not going anywhere. You guys are stuck with him. And apparently osu loves it. He knows it, osu knows it, and you fans know it. He's meeting all expectations so get used to him and get used to these results because this is the golden age for osu football.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Basically you can stretch this same thought process to OU. I mean, you guys want to be like Alabama but, you’re just Crimson Tide Lite. It’s okay, you have accepted it as fans.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Woh is me... I can’t stand all these conference titles, playoff appearances, nfl draft picks and Heisman trophies. Ohhhh how much I lament the national attention, magazine covers, and rumor mill about teams wanting to poach our head coach. Ohhh how sad it makes me to be able to drop seven figures on a defensive coordinator to help fix the one true deficiency on our team and see it pay dividends right out of the gate.... I HATE all the recruits showing up to huge events and signing. Awwwwww Jesus I better just jump off a bridge!!!!! The end is nigh!!!!

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Woh is me... I can’t stand all these conference titles, playoff appearances, nfl draft picks and Heisman trophies. Ohhhh how much I lament the national attention, magazine covers, and rumor mill about teams wanting to poach our head coach. Ohhh how sad it makes me to be able to drop seven figures on a defensive coordinator to help fix the one true deficiency on our team and see it pay dividends right out of the gate.... I HATE all the recruits showing up to huge events and signing. Awwwwww Jesus I better just jump off a bridge!!!!! The end is nigh!!!!

Do you welcome the decommitments of the past few weeks?