The unOfficial CUT THE MULLET campaign begins here!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I'm launching an official CUT THE MULLET campaign right here and now.

It's been a good marketing ploy for Gundy and the university, but it's run it's course and it's distracting from our team.
It's become more of a Gundy marketing campaign and I feel Gundy really needs to start focusing ALL of his attention on the OSU football team instead of Mike Gundy, LLC.

Last season and the latest Gundy bomb of a loss to TT when it was apparent that the team was unprepared to play against an inferior opponent as well as other coaching mismanagement have made it time to call for Gundy to cut that foppish, redneck crap and get serious about OSU football and fixing the many, many things that are keeping this team from playing to the best of it's abilities as players and coaches.

CUT THE DAMN MULLET!!

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

It's been a good marketing ploy for Gundy and the university, but it's run it's course and it's distracting from our team.
It's become more of a Gundy marketing campaign and I feel Gundy really needs to start focusing ALL of his attention on the OSU football team instead of Mike Gundy, LLC.

Last season and the latest Gundy bomb of a loss to TT when it was apparent that the team was unprepared to play against an inferior opponent as well as other coaching mismanagement have made it time to call for Gundy to cut that foppish, redneck crap and get serious about OSU football and fixing the many, many things that are keeping this team from playing to the best of it's abilities as players and coaches.

CUT THE DAMN MULLET!!
Did you start a gofundme, or a petition at change.org??? I don't think he reads this forum. But you might get his attention if you do one of the above and get enough of a following and then send it in to the athletic department.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012

CUT THE DAMN MULLET!!
Yeah, a haircut is the team's problem.

SMH, I really hope you are attempting to be humorous.

But I doubt it, so.....

I am not even sure it was a "good" marketing ploy. It was just a goof thing to do. As many people in my circles hated it as liked it. Drew PR so I guess the whole, "Any PR is good PR" adage would be applicable.

Regardless, exactly how much time to you think he spends on his hair? How much do you? My guess is probably about 2 minutes in the shower, a couple minutes afterwards combing it out, and beyond that, an occasional open-hand through the hair during the day.

The presumption his hair is in any way interfering with his coaching duties is asinine.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Why was this moved to Bedlam and Flame?! This reeks of heavyhandedness with his administrative "power play".
I've got a real strong idea of who did this. It's sounds a lot like Muffy.

How about this from the Tulsa World:

This made me think
Remember this the next time a football team slaps a slogan on a shirt to convince you things are going to be different...
Last offseason, the Oklahoma State Cowboys printed shirts listing league teams that beat them in 2018. Texas Tech was included.
Seems Mike Gundy has two choices given OSU’s 45-35 weekend letdown in Lubbock. He can get a head start on a fresh set of offseason shirts.
Or he can quit with the gimmicks and start with the coaching.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Yeah, a haircut is the team's problem.

SMH, I really hope you are attempting to be humorous.

But I doubt it, so.....

I am not even sure it was a "good" marketing ploy. It was just a goof thing to do. As many people in my circles hated it as liked it. Drew PR so I guess the whole, "Any PR is good PR" adage would be applicable.

Regardless, exactly how much time to you think he spends on his hair? How much do you? My guess is probably about 2 minutes in the shower, a couple minutes afterwards combing it out, and beyond that, an occasional open-hand through the hair during the day.

The presumption his hair is in any way interfering with his coaching duties is asinine.
The hairstyle is a distraction now. It was funny at first, then it took on a life of it's own. Now it's a sad reminder of a coach that seems more interested in his own promotion than getting the best of this team.

Try to look at the big picture, man.
This team was a disaster last year. It took a tremendous step back in Lubbock. Sorry Offense. Sorry Defense. Sorry coaching.
To me when that crap happens, it's time to concentrate on ending any possible distractions to your job as a headcoach. The mullet has become a distraction and now a pathetic attempt at attention.

It's not cool any longer. The sports guys aren't talking about it anymore. Time to cut it and let the focus of this team be winning football games -- not promoting yourself, Mike.

Get a new gig -- like becoming more than a mediocre coach.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The fact that anyone thought that a mullet was a good marketing ploy in the first place says a whole hell of a lot about your program to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coming from a sooner fan....priceless
You guys got mullets for marketing.

OU has trophies.

Priceless.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You guys are totally forgetting that the mullet had nothing to do with OSU originally. It was a bet with one of his kids (Gunnar I believe) to get him to do better in math. Sad that so many people forget that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
The fact that anyone thought that a mullet was a good marketing ploy in the first place says a whole hell of a lot about your program to begin with.

You guys got mullets for marketing.

OU has trophies.

Priceless.

“Why did I get banned to the bedlam/flame forum?”

Aug 16, 2012
The hairstyle is a distraction now.
Other than you do not like it and feel it represents an attitude you also do not like, exactly HOW is it a distraction? Exactly WHO is focusing on it? So what if the broadcast team mentions it 1-2 times during the pregame prattling. It is Gundy as much as Tark chewed on towels, Patterson ties his shoes 100x a game, Flip wore horrendous plaid jackets and every other little quirk every coach has. Does Holgorsen's mop affect his team preparation? Nope. Yost has the most ridiculous head of hair in all of college football that was on full display across the field Saturday and his guys seemed to do just fine. Again, blaming anything to do with the current position or direction of this team on a haircut is absurd.

The irony is, there would be 1000x the attention to Gundy if he did cut it now. Accept the fact he prefers an 80s hairstyle and move on.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I heard The Wallet left $30 in his will for The Mullet to remove the mullet.

True? Or jackass?

I firmly believe that gundy is the best coach osu has ever had. I also believe that he is unfortunately the best coach osu will ever have. Kinda weird but it seems like one of two things are or have happened: the mullet has peaked, or the osu as a program, has peaked. if the former, do you try to find something better? if the latter, do you keep the mullet and let him retire in a decade after his next bedlam win and perhaps talk bill self into trying his hand at football?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I heard The Wallet left $30 in his will for The Mullet to remove the mullet.

True? Or jackass?

I firmly believe that gundy is the best coach osu has ever had. I also believe that he is unfortunately the best coach osu will ever have. Kinda weird but it seems like one of two things are or have happened: the mullet has peaked, or the osu as a program, has peaked. if the former, do you try to find something better? if the latter, do you keep the mullet and let him retire in a decade after his next bedlam win and perhaps talk bill self into trying his hand at football?
The $30 was from a satire site.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk