The Thurnzilla thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I use this site to help get through the work day. The people triggered are the guys who are so sensitive that they feel the need to make them selves feel superior to a teenage girl.
A lot of assumption on your part there.

A lot of us use this site to help get through the work day, too.

Having said that, though, posting about how stupid it is seeing a child propped up to throw a public fit is just that. I'd feel the same way, for instance, if it was some crying, angry child telling us all about abortion, or any number of other topics.

Making oneself "feel superior to a teenage girl" is simply your own take on someone else's motivations for expressing an opinion, on a message board, driven by people's opinions.

Lastly, if you wanna throw out a teenager as a f'n voice of clarity & reason on an issue like this, you don't get to fall back on "awww, she's just a kid...." She put the gloves on & entered the fray, so she gets whatever comes her way, sorry.
That "feeling superior" crock is just a strawman. She's a puppet for her activist parents anyway. I've seen kids truly engaged and caring about a subject. From abortion (either side), to feminism, to climate change, to politics. She is not that. She can barely get a word out without being told what to say.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
That "feeling superior" crock is just a strawman. She's a puppet for her activist parents anyway. I've seen kids truly engaged and caring about a subject. From abortion (either side), to feminism, to climate change, to politics. She is not that. She can barely get a word out without being told what to say.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Lastly, if you wanna throw out a teenager as a f'n voice of clarity & reason on an issue like this, you don't get to fall back on "awww, she's just a kid...." She put the gloves on & entered the fray, so she gets whatever comes her way, sorry.
If you're going to pimp her out as an "activist" you don't then get to use her age as a shield from criticism.

Or from ridicule.

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX
Am I missing something? Who is this?

An actress, and I can't get over how wide apart her eyes are. Like at first I just knew something was different, but once I figured out what it is I can't stop staring. I think in person you'd have to choose which eye to look at. And today I learned from @Duke Silver that she's autistic.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
An actress, and I can't get over how wide apart her eyes are. Like at first I just knew something was different, but once I figured out what it is I can't stop staring. I think in person you'd have to choose which eye to look at. And today I learned from @Duke Silver that she's autistic.
Wait, so if she's autistic, does that make it creepy... nah, yeah, it's creepy. Nvm.