The Stock Market is gonna crash!?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Not sure why they would worry about bernie. Trump will crush him as almost all the polls show. I think the recent market fluctuations are more due to the Coronavirus. It has essentially halted everything in china and is on the verge of of doing the same to some western countries.
I think it's about 50/50. Don't discount fear over Bernie Sanders. I don't think he would beat Trump, but most of the national polls show that happening. The Coronavirus has caused volatility over the past 2 months, but the markets were still in an uptrend. The real bloodshed didn't start until after Sanders won the Nevada primary this past weekend.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-6250.html
View attachment 77876
Trump hasn't put out a single ad targeting bernie. The democrats arent even going after the worst of his past but you know trump will. Right now, Bernie's policies move Pennsylvania into solid trump, Florida is over before it started, it also puts multiple states that were close last time into serious consideration of being leaning trump. One poll came out showing a 6 point swing for trump once voters were told of Bernie's policies and past positions. What people are not understanding is the trump will have a billion dollars ready to go the day after the general starts and he will start pounding away that communist nail. Why do you think democrats are legit panicking?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
My last Ford was 2013/2014 Ford Taurus, great car that I never had issues with. My clients loved it because of how roomy it was inside.

Not sure what's in their future but it doesn't look promising.
I've got a new Expedition and it's far and away nicer than any other Ford I've ever owned. Really plush inside and many, many safety features and options.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
The Dow, S&P 500, & Nasdaq all opened down more than 10% off of all time highs, so we're officially in correction territory now.
It’s definitely in “correction” territory, but it’s really not a correction as corrections go. It’s far and away mostly a reaction to corona virus fears. If corona was solved tomorrow, the recovery would be very quick, thus not a correction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
This is 100% because Trump introduced more uncertainty, and basically confirmed that there is no plan for, the coronavirus situation. The market HATES uncertainty.

Otherwise it's business as usual... But since the president decided to shoot from the hip rather than play the safe angle of "we are aware of the situation and actively working on a plan to keep it under control for Americans" then today doesn't happen.

I like the market gains, the low interest rate, and the growth in strength of the dollar in spite of inflation... But today hurts because it was avoidable.

Nov 6, 2010
This is 100% because Trump introduced more uncertainty, and basically confirmed that there is no plan for, the coronavirus situation. The market HATES uncertainty.

Otherwise it's business as usual... But since the president decided to shoot from the hip rather than play the safe angle of "we are aware of the situation and actively working on a plan to keep it under control for Americans" then today doesn't happen.

I like the market gains, the low interest rate, and the growth in strength of the dollar in spite of inflation... But today hurts because it was avoidable.
I disagree. As much as I can't stand Trump and his non-policies, this seems a little more fundamental. It looks to me like the market is just now coming to grips with the fact that people are not going to work, and people are not getting on airplanes, and because of that oil is tanking, and all the possible ramifications of all those things for tourism, supply chains, etc. On top of that, we've had a bull market for what, 10 years now?? This all screams snowball to me.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Assuming there is anyone who really knows, but yes, I know, you are definitely correct.
Not a perfect science, but this is serious damage and is going to take some time to correct. It may result in market lows being retested several times, and stiff resistance at 50 and 200 day moving average lines. Market charts are like psychological EKG readings. Moves back down need to be in lighter volume than the previous moves down, and moves upward need to be in higher share volume than previous moves upward. Also broad-based rallies are an indicator, and you want to look for that combination of high volume on up moves and gainers outweighing winners. Only then can you be reasonably certain that the market is well on the mend. Long story short: don't try to catch a falling knife.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor

Bull-freakin'-crap. Seems that a TDS vaccine is needed more than a corona virus vaccine. It's turning the Trump-demented into mindless zombies.

Oct 30, 2007

I have to disagree. You can see the reaction the markets had to Trump's speech in the futures chart below. It caused a minor blip of volatility, but it didn't really do anything to change the overall trajectory.
1582843886840.png

IMO, the big drop we saw today was due to this story breaking last night:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/health/us-cases-coronavirus-community-transmission/index.html
CDC confirms the first US coronavirus case of 'unknown' origin. The California patient was hospitalized for days before getting tested
For the first time, a US patient has contracted novel coronavirus with no clue as to where it came from.The California patient didn't travel anywhere known to have the virus, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said. And the patient wasn't exposed to anyone known to be infected.That means this could be the first US case of "community spread" of the virus, when the source of the infection is unknown.

Last edited:

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Bull-freakin'-crap. Seems that a TDS vaccine is needed more than a corona virus vaccine. It's turning the Trump-demented into mindless zombies.
You have TDS Type 2 if you don’t think the Trump administration had anything to do with the market losses today. I’m not saying 100% like CTeam, but definitely a portion of the responsibility.