The Real Fall Camp 2019 Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Watching the 2008 game against Texas when we were ranked 6th and they were number 1. All we had on that team on the offensive side was Kendall Hunter, Dez, Pettigrew, Dan Bailey, Okung and the backup QB is B Weed with ZROb as the starter. Geez!!!!! and as my wife said, We still lost the game!!!

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Watching the 2008 game against Texas when we were ranked 6th and they were number 1. All we had on that team on the offensive side was Kendall Hunter, Dez, Pettigrew, Dan Bailey, Okung and the backup QB is B Weed with ZROb as the starter. Geez!!!!! and as my wife said, We still lost the game!!!
Hunter was running wild, especially late in the game. We went away from the run on the last offensive series and I think that’s what did us in. I can’t remember if Texas started to really load the box or not, though.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Because the damn refs called a Roughing the Passer penalty on us for a slight hit to McCoys helmet on a play where we intercepted at the 5 yard line. So they got a do-over and TD instead of it being our ball.
And that was way before the days of protecting the QB, just a little Austin home cooking for their favorite son .......

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Because the damn refs called a Roughing the Passer penalty on us for a slight hit to McCoys helmet on a play where we intercepted at the 5 yard line. So they got a do-over and TD instead of it being our ball.
And that was way before the days of protecting the QB, just a little Austin home cooking for their favorite son .......
And a mythical PI call on us in the first quarter. That being said, based on the history of this board regarding MY, go back and watch the game, and Gundy had several head scratching play calls. We only had 14 points mid way through the 3rd Q. People here would be going nuts over it. And man did we play slowly.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
We should have handed the ball to Kendall Hunter- we had that game. We were down 4 and should have just let Kendall Hunter win the game. Texas made the NCAA title game that year though. You and your wife need to remember that. That said, we easily could have won. Two really good teams.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Ughh I remember that play. Still can't believe it. Was so mad at whoever hit McCoy's helmet but terrible call. Really weak.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
We should have handed the ball to Kendall Hunter- we had that game. We were down 4 and should have just let Kendall Hunter win the game. Texas made the NCAA title game that year though. You and your wife need to remember that. That said, we easily could have won. Two really good teams.
They made the title game the following year.

In the ‘08 season, they beat Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. OU went to the title game and lost to Florida.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Ughh I remember that play. Still can't believe it. Was so mad at whoever hit McCoy's helmet but terrible call. Really weak.
Andre Sexton I think. Colt was on his back foot. Andre shoved him high and he went down. Wasn’t violent. But the ref threw the flag immediately.

Sep 2, 2012
That Texas game hurt. Why do we do this to ourselves? My wife and I moved to Celina, TX a little over a year ago. Every time I see a Celina sign, I think back to Lavey's missed tackle in Norman.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I prefer to focus on the last several games with Texas in the four game win streak and the five game win streak in Austin...but what do I know? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.