The Real Fall Camp 2019 Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephus33

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
True completion percentage more important than yards?

Is that your attempt at comedy?

Which would you rather have?
5/19, 180 yds
13/14 57 yds
I'd rather have 26/38 for 368, which was Corn's average in his 4 best games, than 17/38 for 207, which was his average in his worst 3. Thats 68% vs 45%, and 9.7 y/a vs 5.4 y/a. One of those players is an All American caliber QB, and the other is garbage. Corn was both of those guys last year.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Maybe add a forum for arguers only. Then the ones that love the debate/argument may go to that forum. There they can just can just state their line of reasoning and the other/others may stating their's ad infinitum. On subject they wish.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I'd rather have 26/38 for 368, which was Corn's average in his 4 best games, than 17/38 for 207, which was his average in his worst 3. Thats 68% vs 45%, and 9.7 y/a vs 5.4 y/a. One of those players is an All American caliber QB, and the other is garbage. Corn was both of those guys last year.
Of all the QB stats typically tracked, completion percentage is the least important. TD's, Int's, YPA, QBR are all more important than completion percentage. A QB can have great TD, Int, and YPA numbers with a terrible completion percentage. Further, a QB can have a decent QBR with a below average completion percentage. Focusing as you have on completion percentage is silly.

Josephus33

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
Of all the QB stats typically tracked, completion percentage is the least important. TD's, Int's, YPA, QBR are all more important than completion percentage. A QB can have great TD, Int, and YPA numbers with a terrible completion percentage. Further, a QB can have a decent QBR with a below average completion percentage. Focusing as you have on completion percentage is silly.
We have to agree to disagree on the importance of completion percentage. I'll leave it at this; his QBR puts him at 36th nationally, and I'd say that's about right. Can we agree on that? I simply think OSU needs better than that to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.