The Real Fall Camp 2019 Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I am somewhat avoiding it...but you would be surprised...I love NYC...love DC...get along with all folks and see homelessness every day here in DT Tulsa...it's sad when folks are on the street for all sorts of reasons...a shame really. Thanks for the advice and that is the plan give or take.

Have you done the Mt. Hood / Columbia Gorge loop? If so, how long does it take?
Portland is nothing like NYC or DC. Probably closer to Tulsa in size, but... you know... you're just going to find out.

And I have done that! It's about 4 hours non-stop. This time of year will be beautiful.

I also strongly advocate the trip from Salem to Bend.

I really do miss working and being up in the PNW a lot... but I also like making more money and having better opportunity on the east coast.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Dallas Morning News has a great article on the front page of the sports section on Spencer Sanders. They also have a review of the Cowboys. They predict a loss at Oregon State I’d post a link, but I’m an old geezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is easy to do. Highlight the address at the top of your page, press Ctrl + C to copy and the press ctrl + V
To paste into the reply:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...ut-candidates-key-questions-projected-results
That’s the OSU preview. The stand alone piece on Spencer Sanders was the really interesting part. If you listen to Tylan Wallace talk about him it’s a wonder there’s a QB race. He says he’s seen him effortlessly throw a football 65 yards. Kind of got me excited. Let’s see him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
Corn was a nice college player, but the level of worship for him by some of our fan base is ridiculous. Yes our o-line play was terrible at times, our defense was garbage at times, but Corn was also complete trash for large portions of games last year. He also played like a madman in the big games. Both things can be true!

He was the 7th best QB in the conference last year. OSU absolutely needs better than that.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
The people who still think our issue last season were at quarterback are just so f'ed in the head that their opinion is worth less than nothing.
I see both sides, TC was good when he was comfortable in the play, but the OC didn't put him in the best position to be successful. When things weren't working we looked bad, when things were working we could complete with anyone. I'm very hopeful that Gleeson will set whoever is QB up for success based on his (Gleeson's) history alone. I don't think the QB was the issue as much as the plays being called.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Corn was a nice college player, but the level of worship for him by some of our fan base is ridiculous. Yes our o-line play was terrible at times, our defense was garbage at times, but Corn was also complete trash for large portions of games last year. He also played like a madman in the big games. Both things can be true!

He was the 7th best QB in the conference last year. OSU absolutely needs better than that.
20190814_211149.png

Last edited:

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I see both sides, TC was good when he was comfortable in the play, but the OC didn't put him in the best position to be successful. When things weren't working we looked bad, when things were working we could complete with anyone. I'm very hopeful that Gleeson will set whoever is QB up for success based on his (Gleeson's) history alone. I don't think the QB was the issue as much as the plays being called.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
The Green Bay Packers don't just sign guys for s&gs.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
That is an insane statement. Ehlinger is objectively better that Cornelius. Ehlinger himself had a far better season than Cornelius and wasn’t a heisman finalist.
Maybe, but we lost 4 games last year by a TD or less. If we had UT's defense 7-6 could easily be 11-2, throw in the Longhorn brand and all the sudden Corn is on a lot of watch lists.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
That is an insane statement. Ehlinger is objectively better that Cornelius. Ehlinger himself had a far better season than Cornelius and wasn’t a heisman finalist.
Insane? Cornelius threw for 700 more yards than Ehlinger, behind a worse line, with less highly ranked receivers. I think you are blinded by our lack of discipline (ie stupid penalties) and final record from last season and you, like many, think Corn was the problem. He wasn't.

Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
Insane? Cornelius threw for 700 more yards than Ehlinger, behind a worse line, with less highly ranked receivers. I think you are blinded by our lack of discipline (ie stupid penalties) and final record from last season and you, like many, think Corn was the problem. He wasn't.
Yards are not a good representation of skill with quarterbacks. 59% is not a good completion percentage. Texas’ receivers were great, but ours were better. I’m not saying Corn was the problem, but he certainly was a problem. That being said, he played fantastic against Texas, Boise, West Virginia, and OU. In those games he played like an all big 12 quarterback. It’s also true that he was flat out bad against KState, Tech, and TCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.