The Real Fall Camp 2019 Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Dallas Morning News has a great article on the front page of the sports section on Spencer Sanders. They also have a review of the Cowboys. They predict a loss at Oregon State

I’d post a link, but I’m an old geezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no way we lose to the beavers.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I'm not completely disagreeing with your point, but it's not as black and white as you make it sound. Last year OSU was 9th in plays per game. Clemson was 57th, Alabama was 87th, Georgia was 101st and ou was 105th. Obviously it's possible to win without running a play 5 seconds after the ball is set.
I’m...not making it black and white.

My point was actually the exact opposite. That, indeed, it is a lot more nuanced than simply saying “Gundy puts more emphasis on being able to get the play off quickly than on who can make the best throws.”

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I'm not completely disagreeing with your point, but it's not as black and white as you make it sound. Last year OSU was 9th in plays per game. Clemson was 57th, Alabama was 87th, Georgia was 101st and ou was 105th. Obviously it's possible to win without running a play 5 seconds after the ball is set.
LOL - but those teams that you listed for comparison could probably beat you with only one possession per quarter.....

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
. They predict a loss at Oregon State
This seems to be a trendy thing. I've seen it a couple of places.

Let's say you did minimal homework and got the intern to cover for you for the day. (good) OSU coming off a 7 - 6 season, unnamed QB, lost our high profile receiver and running back to NFL, playing on the road for a Friday night game. Predict the upset.

Reality check: We will win by 24 points.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Man outside of Portland is amazing. Normal folks. Beautiful scenery.

Portland is a mess... You might be alright there since you're not white.
I wouldn't have had much of a chance to drive outside of town much.

Im ambiguous enough. But they might think Im jewish........... so.

Nov 6, 2010
There's no way we lose to the beavers.
Never say never. Pac 12 refs have a way, and if last year's trend continues, we only beat the teams we're supposed to lose to. I'm sure the other OSU has some new transfers coming in that will have an impact like all teams in rebuild mode. THey can promise PT and get guys off other teams, Jucos, etc.

Having said all that, I will be quite surprised if we lose this game.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa

Let's say you did minimal homework and got the intern to cover for you for the day. (good) OSU coming off a 7 - 6 season, unnamed QB, lost our high profile receiver and running back to NFL, playing on the road for a Friday night game. Predict the upset.

I thought Tylan Wallace was our high profile WR.

Nov 8, 2013
Never say never. Pac 12 refs have a way, and if last year's trend continues, we only beat the teams we're supposed to lose to. I'm sure the other OSU has some new transfers coming in that will have an impact like all teams in rebuild mode. THey can promise PT and get guys off other teams, Jucos, etc.

Having said all that, I will be quite surprised if we lose this game.
I share a bit of concern with the Pac 12 refs... Still, pretty confident in the win.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Dallas Morning News has a great article on the front page of the sports section on Spencer Sanders. They also have a review of the Cowboys. They predict a loss at Oregon State I’d post a link, but I’m an old geezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is easy to do. Highlight the address at the top of your page, press Ctrl + C to copy and the press ctrl + V
To paste into the reply:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...ut-candidates-key-questions-projected-results

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City

Only player we lost was our QB who was average and yes Justice Hill. So ok but Tylan Wallace our Stud WR is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.