The Ranch

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Guess you are talking about this?
https://twitter.com/stwnewspress/status/948769094815318018

Glad my in laws passed on it now

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
kind of blows my mind, I know they waited to start construction until they were fiscally ready because they didn't want to jump the gun, but sounds like they still did.

NTXPoke

Wrangler
Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
kind of blows my mind, I know they waited to start construction until they were fiscally ready because they didn't want to jump the gun, but sounds like they still did.
I don't have any special knowledge on the situation, but the details in the article mention that the bondholder didn't like the fact that they wanted to lower the entrance fees with concern that the bond payback would not cash flow. I interpret that as as problem with getting a critical mass of residents to make the project work--why else would you lower the fees?

I love the concept of the Ranch, by the way. Hope it works out--a lot of people are counting on it.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Anyone on here who has a relative or is themselves signed up to move into The Ranch?
We always said our dogs were going to "the ranch" when they were about to be put down. Seems fitting for paw paw and granny too.

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
My father in law moved over to Stillwater a few years ago after my mother in law passed. He could not find one doctor in town that would take a new medicare patient. He still has to travel to OKC to go to the doctor.

All I could think about was how many people were going to move into this place and not have a doctor in town to go to.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
My father in law moved over to Stillwater a few years ago after my mother in law passed. He could not find one doctor in town that would take a new medicare patient. He still has to travel to OKC to go to the doctor.

All I could think about was how many people were going to move into this place and not have a doctor in town to go to.
IF they don't want to go to OKC, then they just need to make sure to keep their current insurance active after applying for Medicare until they can find a Stillwater doctor who takes new Medicare patients.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City

Try Dr. Sidney Williams on Washington. I know him and he is a fine physician.