The pathetic last ditch attempt to stop the Kavanaugh confirmation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Old Mother Feinstein
held up her #metoo sign
hoping to knock off a Judge.

But her letter was late
and the accuser irate
that the GOP refused to budge

The media went crazy
but her memory was hazy
so her story was simply a kludge.

The new SCOTUS Justice
can say to us "trust us"
The Constitution we won't fudge.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
NY Times reporting that she is ready to testify next week if the terms are fair and her safety is assured, but her lawyer said the Monday deadline set will not be possible at this time.
What a charade. To not see through this you have to be completely partisan or just a moron (or both).

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Old Mother Feinstein
held up her #metoo sign
hoping to knock off a Judge.

But her letter was late
and the accuser irate
that the GOP refused to budge

The media went crazy
but her memory was hazy
so her story was simply a kludge.

The new SCOTUS Justice
can say to us "trust us"
The Constitution we won't fudge.
What you are forgetting in this shit shoe is that kavenuagh was a no go for the conservatives before the shit show. He will most likely get appointed and be another Kennedy.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Acosta: What Dr. Ford is alleging, is this the first time you heard anything like that with respect to Judge Kavanaugh?

Guerry: Absolutely, it’s not the first time I’ve heard anything like that in terms of the community of women I know, and not regarding him but —

Acosta: Those sorts of things went on?

Guerry: A lot … You know, one of the things that’s surprising to me as I’ve gotten involved in this in the last couple days is how many women of my class have come forward to me in this last few days and said, “I had similar experiences in high school,” and this hits me very deeply and it’s very —

ACOSTA: Not with Brett Kavanaugh, but with other boys?

GUERRY: Not with Brett Kavanaugh. But with other boys in our community, and we all feel that if we were in her shoes, we’d want to be taken seriously as well.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Acosta: What Dr. Ford is alleging, is this the first time you heard anything like that with respect to Judge Kavanaugh?

Guerry: Absolutely, it’s not the first time I’ve heard anything like that in terms of the community of women I know, and not regarding him but —

Acosta: Those sorts of things went on?

Guerry: A lot … You know, one of the things that’s surprising to me as I’ve gotten involved in this in the last couple days is how many women of my class have come forward to me in this last few days and said, “I had similar experiences in high school,” and this hits me very deeply and it’s very —

ACOSTA: Not with Brett Kavanaugh, but with other boys?

GUERRY: Not with Brett Kavanaugh. But with other boys in our community, and we all feel that if we were in her shoes, we’d want to be taken seriously as well.
You have to laugh at the hard hitting revelations here that teenagers are horny.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
With Obamacare, by the time it reached the supreme Court it was a done deal. The Democrats lied about it being a tax to get it passed, but knew the only way it would be upheld was to prove it was a tax.
So unfortunately it was totally within the scope of Congress to tax. It should never have been passed to begin with, but really most of us knew the only true way to get rid of it would be to dismantle it at the Congressional level.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
For the record I'm in favor of Kavanaug's appointment what I'm pointing out is that are legitimate reasons to question his nomination as a Constitutionalist, imo (and that's all it is, my opinion) the patriot act and the aca are the 2 most unConstitutional acts that have been foisted on the American citizen since the days of fdr, so questioning the rationale behind his rulings on those 2 items is in line with that thinking.

Nothing was settled when obc reached the scotus, the final tally was 5-4 with Roberts being the deciding vote and again what I pointed out was that Roberts ruling parroted the ruling that Kavanaugh laid out in the seven-sky v holder ruling, a portion of which I will paste and you can read a more thorough overview at the link I provide to the scotus blog or if you really want to get in the weeds you can go read the 30+ page opinion he wrote (I haven't nor do I intend to).

In the last part of the opinion, Kavanaugh does not rule on the merits, but he signals that in his view, the individual mandate may well be constitutional under Congress’ taxing power (or that, at most, a minor tweak to the statute would render it clearly constitutional).

That is how Roberts ruled, obama said it's not a tax, Roberts said it's a tax, so it is Constitutional.

http://www.scotusblog.com/2018/07/kavanaugh-on-the-affordable-care-act-seven-sky-v-holder/

What I expect the left and the right will get and (I said this when Kennedy stepped down) why I think Kennedy stepped down, while suggesting BK as his replacement, is that Kavanaugh is very close to Kennedy in terms of how he will rule.

Last edited: