The pathetic last ditch attempt to stop the Kavanaugh confirmation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
YES, they think we are nazis! They'll do WHATEVER THEY CAN. I wish I were kidding.
Nazi is so overused and such Hyperbole. It actually shows the ignorance of those that use the term. Ask the fewer and fewer Jewish WW2 survivors if conservatives are are Nazi's.

Also it is the left, the #tolerant, left that want to eliminate all debate and discussion. They want strict adherence and obedience to their dogma. Any thing else is shouted down. I especially loved the black guy in the MAGA hat surrounded by white snowflakes who were calling him a racist and worse.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
Remember how the left hated Robert Bork? From the Chicago Tribune:

“Lloyd Cutler, who served as President Carter`s White House counsel and who supports the nomination, got closer to the reality in a piece he wrote for the National Law Journal. Mr. Cutler estimates that on the U.S. Court of Appeals, Judge Bork voted with his liberal colleagues 75 percent of the time. In 10 discrimination cases in which the scope of individual rights was at issue, Mr. Cutler found that he voted in favor of the victim of discrimination seven times. And in two of the three cases in which he voted against the plaintiff, his position was upheld by the Supreme Court. In fact, of 11 cases in which Judge Bork voted with the majority that have been accepted by the Supreme Court for review, not a single one has been reversed. Some wild-eyed radical.“

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Posted by a friend on Facebook:

I found the off switch for Kavanaugh haters. I had one railing at me today about how unfair it was that there were only two weeks of extra time, testimony and a "sham FBI investigation" (her words).​
Calmly, I asked, "So, this was important enough that we should have taken several weeks?"​
She: "Yes. This was too important to rush."​
Me: "What would think would be a reasonable amount of time? 4weeks...6 weeks?"​
She: "6 weeks should have been enough to do a thorough investigation."​
Me: "You do know that is exactly the amount of time that could have been taken if Dianne Feinstein had turned the letter over to the Judiciary Committee the day she got it? So explain to me again why this is a Republican issue?"​

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Posted by a friend on Facebook:

I found the off switch for Kavanaugh haters. I had one railing at me today about how unfair it was that there were only two weeks of extra time, testimony and a "sham FBI investigation" (her words).​
Calmly, I asked, "So, this was important enough that we should have taken several weeks?"​
She: "Yes. This was too important to rush."​
Me: "What would think would be a reasonable amount of time? 4weeks...6 weeks?"​
She: "6 weeks should have been enough to do a thorough investigation."​
Me: "You do know that is exactly the amount of time that could have been taken if Dianne Feinstein had turned the letter over to the Judiciary Committee the day she got it? So explain to me again why this is a Republican issue?"​
Intellectually dishonest friend.

The correct timeframe: as long as it takes to find something incriminating.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Oh, wow, what are old white Republican guys going to think about this?

Kavanaugh is the first Supreme Court justice to hire an all female class of clerks. One of them is black. https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/brett-kavanaugh-black-women-law-clerks-ginsburg/
They are going to think absolutely nothing about it because the all female clerks thing was known before the vote and they still confirmed him. However, I would like to know what Democrats think about it......as the self proclaimed defenders of women, shouldn't they be asked why they were against this guy, again since it was known he would have all female clerks.

Jul 7, 2004
Oh, wow, what are old white Republican guys going to think about this?

Kavanaugh is the first Supreme Court justice to hire an all female class of clerks. One of them is black. https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/brett-kavanaugh-black-women-law-clerks-ginsburg/
Speaking as an old white guy I like it. You and most liberals are very good at stereotyping white men and in many cases now white women. I understand your confusion as liberals think all minorities and women must think alike on all issues.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Now that this confirmation is done, I think it is important to remind Democrats that it was THEIR party under Reid who started using the nuclear option to appoint judges and it was pointed out very directly to them at the time that this could come back to bite them in the ass in the future. Well the future is here.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Now that this confirmation is done, I think it is important to remind Democrats that it was THEIR party under Reid who started using the nuclear option to appoint judges and it was pointed out very directly to them at the time that this could come back to bite them in the ass in the future. Well the future is here.
Reid told Schumer on his way out when it was assumed the Dems would regain the Senate and Hillary was going to be in the WH that he had paved the way for the nuke option to be used for SCOTUS appointments and that the Dems needed to do it to ensure they got their appointments through. No doubt it was going to be used by whoever was in power beginning in 2017.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From The Babylon Bee:

Dems: 'We May Have Lost The SCOTUS Seat, But At Least We Kept Our Dignity'
October 8th, 2018
1539169184570.png

U.S.—Democratic leaders consoled themselves from their failure to stop Brett Kavanaugh from assuming a seat on the Supreme Court Monday by reminding the nation that although they lost the SCOTUS seat, they were able to keep their dignity.

As liberal protesters banged on the doors of the Supreme Court and attempted to claw them open, Senate Democrats calmed their constituents by pointing out that they were able to be the bigger person in all this.

"At very least, we didn't drag our political process to new depths and make ourselves look like petulant children," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. "It's important you don't lose the high ground in your quest for political clout. We could have tried to utterly destroy a man's life and turn to increasingly transparent obstruction tactics, but we didn't. We could have screamed and cried when it looked like things weren't going to go our way, but we didn't. We stayed out of all the muck and showed ourselves to be the mature ones."

"Surely this will endear swing voters to us in the upcoming midterms," he added hopefully.

Brad M

Wrangler
Jan 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Jul 22, 2011
"but but but... Whatabout last night? Trump rally crowds chanting 'Lock Her Up' on Diane Feinstein. THEY'RE an angry mob tooo!!!" ~Joe Scarborough this morning

That's the same thing as being handed gallery passes to Senate chambers for the coordinated purpose of screaming disruptions, and intimidating/threatening elected officials.

That's the same thing as masked thugs shutting down public streets and assaulting citizens who don't do as they say, and think as they think.

That's the same thing as leftist activists climbing on our nations monuments, trying to beat down and claw open the Supreme Court doors, hundreds of whom having to be dragged off by capital police.

That's the same thing as turning a judicial appointment hearing into an evidence-less kangaroo court, where a man is presumed guilty.
Right?

I'm not a big fan of the "Lock her up!" chant. It seems to lack nuance; rallying cries typically do. It's rhetoric that hasn't been particularly productive (Hillary is still creeping around), but it doesn't outright deny due process as Democrats now openly advocate.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Speaking as an old white guy I like it. You and most liberals are very good at stereotyping white men and in many cases now white women. I understand your confusion as liberals think all minorities and women must think alike on all issues.
So what? It's a matter of fact that old conservatives pretty strongly think most liberals think alike on all issues.