The pathetic last ditch attempt to stop the Kavanaugh confirmation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
So women who don't report being raped or otherwise sexually assaulted should keep their damn mouths shut. If they were too frightened to report to the police, due to the harm that may be inflicted upon them, then they are guilty of being cowards.
Wow, where did this come from, that wasn’t anything even in the neighborhood of what was posted.
Now for a real triggering:

Repressed memories are horse shit.

'Some days I think I was molested, others I'm not sure': inside a case of repressed memory
At 17, Nicole Kluemper recovered memories of being abused by her mother – and sparked one of the fiercest debates in modern psychology. She tells her story for the first time

Holly Watt
Sat 23 Sep 2017 05.00 EDT

OR

THE MOST DANGEROUS IDEA IN MENTAL HEALTH

The belief that hidden memories can be "recovered" in therapy should have been exorcised years ago, when a rash of false memories dominated the airwaves, tore families apart, and put people on the stand for crimes they didn't commit. But the mental health establishment does not always learn from its mistakes—and families are still paying the price.
BY ED CARA , NOV 3, 2014

OR

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-05-14/news/mn-57614_1_false-memories

For the record; I don’t think this was a repressed memory, I think it was a politically motivated lie that spun out of control.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
Wow, where did this come from, that wasn’t anything even in the neighborhood of what was posted.

'Some days I think I was molested, others I'm not sure': inside a case of repressed memory
At 17, Nicole Kluemper recovered memories of being abused by her mother – and sparked one of the fiercest debates in modern psychology. She tells her story for the first time

Holly Watt

OR

The belief that hidden memories can be "recovered" in therapy should have been exorcised years ago, when a rash of false memories dominated the airwaves, tore families apart, and put people on the stand for crimes they didn't commit. But the mental health establishment does not always learn from its mistakes—and families are still paying the price.
BY ED CARA , NOV 3, 2014

OR

For the record; I don’t think this was a repressed memory, I think it was a politically motivated lie that spun out of control.
Repressed memories aren't the only horse shit out there....... One of the most logically bereft arguments in this whole affair is those calling the supplemental F.B.I. report a whitewash over the fact they didn't interview certain "witnesses" named by Ford or Ramirez. Those "witnesses" were all allegedly told by Ford or Ramirez about the incident after the fact but never actually witnessed anything and weren't present at the supposed "incidents". So I guess, now the F.B.I. are supposed to interview people to get their statements about hearsay evidence. Gee, why didn't they just interview everyone who read any news account and believed either woman??? What a crock!

By the way, have I ever mentioned on the forum I had three holes in one on a round of golf a few years back. Don't believe me....... Just ask the 14 people I told after I got home.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Repressed memories aren't the only horse shit out there....... One of the most logically bereft arguments in this whole affair is those calling the supplemental F.B.I. report a whitewash over the fact they didn't interview certain "witnesses" named by Ford or Ramirez. Those "witnesses" were all allegedly told by Ford or Ramirez about the incident after the fact but never actually witnessed anything and weren't present at the supposed "incidents". So I guess, now the F.B.I. are supposed to interview people to get their statements about hearsay evidence. Gee, why didn't they just interview everyone who read any news account and believed either woman??? What a crock!

By the way, have I ever mentioned on the forum I had three holes in one on a round of golf a few years back. Don't believe me....... Just ask the 14 people I told after I got home.
She told me about it in 2018, on TV, while she was also telling Congress. The FBI didn't get my statement.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Is the left really about destroying the lives of people who they differ with politically?? Seems so!

Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' writer: 'I'm just glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh's life'

If that’s you, you’re sick!

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Is it the new norm for the left? If you’re a conservative we hate you, we don’t care if we destroy your life, and you’re guilty unless YOU can prove your innocent!!

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Is the left really about destroying the lives of people who they differ with politically?? Seems so!

Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' writer: 'I'm just glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh's life'

If that’s you, you’re sick!
I've been reading that the Dems knew they would lose the fight but they wanted to stir their base into a frenzy for midterms. Lose the battle, win the war. I've noticed that while they lost the battle, a conservative just made the Supreme Court into a conservative court for years to come. Seems like the war is lost.
Bonus. I've already been shocked and alarmed by the poor sportsmanship the left has shown us the last 2 years. This latest battle has allowed even the most independent folks see the real majesty and graciousness that is the Democratic Party. Even in some of the most liberal media forums, there's a backfire. Maybe it's the silent majority. Or a new political paradigm. Whatever it is, there's a growing number of refugees running from the Dem party. Where ever they're going, I don't know. It appears the blue wave has already been smashed on the rocks.
Bad news. Just like the left, we can't have the right have all the power. They had it and didn't even know what to do with it except knock each other down. Maybe with McCain gone and several dynasty politicians leaving, we can unite somehow.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Booker has said that impeachment of Kavanaugh is "on the table" if Democrats take either house of Congress. You can't make this up.....we have a very prominent democrat, who has admitted recently that he groped a woman in high school, pledging to impeach a judge who has denied charges that can't be proven. Hey Senator, if you practiced what you preach, you would resign....otherwise, you're just another Dem hypocrite.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Holly Watt

OR

BY ED CARA , NOV 3, 2014

OR

I think that's a distinct possibility. I think it's also a possibility that it was a confabulation.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Booker has said that impeachment of Kavanaugh is "on the table" if Democrats take either house of Congress. You can't make this up.....we have a very prominent democrat, who has admitted recently that he groped a woman in high school, pledging to impeach a judge who has denied charges that can't be proven. Hey Senator, if you practiced what you preach, you would resign....otherwise, you're just another Dem hypocrite.
No, they would file impeachment proceedings against Booker!