The pathetic last ditch attempt to stop the Kavanaugh confirmation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Aparently the vast majority of Democrats who have commented on the allegations say we must believe all women who alledge sexual assault. Based on their position I would expect them to introduce a bill to just go straight to sentencing for any man accused skip the trial because the women are always telling the truth. It would save a lot of court costs and free up courts to hear other type of cases.
Kavanaugh may be judging over all of us in the highest court for the next several decades. Why is it not okay to demand a higher standard of behavior and a cleaner reputation? One woman without having evidence may be dismissed as was Anita Hill. But more than one woman has come forth. Do you believe they are being handsomely paid? Why not let go of Kavanaugh and try again to find a fine man, like Gorsuch, who did not have this supposedly disgraceful past with women? Or does America not deserve such a move after electing a character, like Donald Trump and his disgusting past with women?

Had Trump nominated a woman, she would have been confirmed by now. But don't know how hard it would be to find a woman who would overturn Roe v. Wade.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2004
Kavanaugh may be judging over all of us in the highest court for the next several decades. Why is it not okay to demand a higher standard of behavior and a cleaner reputation? One woman without having evidence may be dismissed as was Anita Hill. But more than one woman has come forth. Do you believe they are being handsomely paid? Why not let go of Kavanaugh and try again to find a fine man, like Gorsuch, who did not have this supposedly disgraceful past with women? Or does America not deserve such a move after electing a character, like Donald Trump and his disgusting past with women?

Had Trump nominated a woman, she would have been confirmed by now. But don't know how hard it would be to find a woman who would overturn Roe v. Wade.
What I believe is that this is the playbook to prevent to prevent any judge who will follow the constitution instead of making laws. Democrats always want judges who will do the job of congress and make law that they no that they can't pass.

Jul 7, 2004
Why not? Would you adore a homely woman looking like Elizabeth Warren going around promoting conservative causes? I certainly wouldn't adore a homely woman going around promoting liberal causes.
I care about the conservative causes from anyone regardless of what their race,Color, sex or whether they are homely or attractive. Their political views matter to me not whether or not they happen to be attractive or in your words homely.

Jul 7, 2004
VIDEO: BIDEN DISMISSED FBI REPORT HAD ANY VALUE DURING ANITA HILL – CLARENCE THOMAS HEARINGS
7:57 PM 09/25/2018
Kerry Picket | Reporter
Former Vice President Joe Biden, as the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman during the Clarence Thomas Anita-Hill hearings dismissed any conclusions the FBI came to in their report about the sexual harassment allegations Hill made against Thomas at the time.

“The next person who refers to an FBI report as being worth anything obviously doesn’t understand anything. The FBI explicitly does not in this or any other case reach a conclusion … period. So, judge, there is no reason why you should know this. The reason why we cannot rely on the FBI report — you wouldn’t like it if we did, because it is inconclusive,” Biden stated at the 1991 Committee hearing.
He continued, “They say he said, she said, and they said, period. So when people wave an FBI report before you, understand they do not, they do not, they do not reach conclusions. They do not make, as my friend points out more accurately, they do not make recommendations.”

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
So Feinstein asked Grassley to delay the hearing tomorrow. Chuck said that he was going to give her the chance to speak tomorrow. lol Heard this on foxnews this am on the drive in.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Avenatti identifies accuser as Julie Swetnick

Swetnick, in an affidavit posted online by Avenatti, claims that Kavanaugh, as a high school student in the early 1980s, with others spiked the drinks of girls at house parties with grain alcohol and/or drugs to "cause girls to lose inhibitions and their ability to say 'No.' "

Swetnick said these efforts by Kavanaugh and his buddy Mark Judge were done so the girls "could then be 'gang raped' in a side room or bedroom by a 'train' of numerous boys."
"I have a firm recollection of seeing boys lined up outside rooms at many of these parties waiting for their 'turn' with a girl inside the room. These boys included Mark Judge Brett Kavanaugh," Swetnick said.
She also said that in approximately 1982 "I became the victim of one of these 'gang' or 'train' rapes where Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh were present."