The Only Time DOK Mentions OSU Golf... (OU Golf Finishes Third, OSU Fourth In Separate Tournaments)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Yes, OU hired a defensive coordinator with experience, and gave the biggest salary they've ever given to a DC, both things are true. And the opposite that sentiment is accurate- we are very excited about it. Even some recruits as far as getting an early commit from one of the top dbs in the country, with others looking at OU this year who werent looking at OU last year under stoops, there's a good reason to expect a shift in talent on that side of the ball.

Who ever said it wont take time to adjust? I dont expect it not to be the weakest point of the team, but i also expect them to be better.
Worked out soooooo well with the linebacker.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yes, OU hired a defensive coordinator with experience, and gave the biggest salary they've ever given to a DC, both things are true. And the opposite that sentiment is accurate- we are very excited about it. Even some recruits as far as getting an early commit from one of the top dbs in the country, with others looking at OU this year who werent looking at OU last year under stoops, there's a good reason to expect a shift in talent on that side of the ball.

Who ever said it wont take time to adjust? I dont expect it not to be the weakest point of the team, but i also expect them to be better.
Worked out soooooo well with the linebacker.
He wasn’t being recruited to play LBer at OU

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
So back to the original purpose of this thread...

Nothing from the DOK on OSU Golf being the overall #1 seed going into the NCAA Regionals. Nothing about OU being the #1 seed in the Pullman regional either... probably because they know the gap between the two teams is pretty wide.

Also, I noticed that Berry Trammel hasn't written a scathing article highlighting how awful it is that OU is going to sell beer. Two years ago it was beyond all reasoning for OSU to even be considering selling beer at the stadium, and Berry made sure to let us know!

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
The day you let the media tell you what to think, is the day you stop thinking for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's easy to say "it doesn't matter" when your school has a mouthpiece that gets distributed nationally. Our programs are ignored by the local media and it's not ok. It's just coverage... don't really care about opinion pieces or the source. But we need the coverage... and it's good for the state if OSU and OU are both talked about when both are successful.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
There are more OSU grads in Oklahoma than OU grads.
Do you have a link to share to corroborate that claim?

And, if it were true, it wouldnt matter. There are more OU fans in this state than fans of osu. If they thought it would get more readers they'd talk more about osu, but osu news doesnt really move the needle.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

And, if it were true, it wouldnt matter. There are more OU fans in this state than fans of osu. If they thought it would get more readers they'd talk more about osu, but osu news doesnt really move the needle.
That theory has certainly worked well for their profit margin.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

That theory has certainly worked well for their profit margin.
Hey, sucks for them.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
There's a contradiction in here somewhere. Let me see...

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So you agree goon athletics is not a profitable enterprise for anyone other than the overpaid and underachieving coaching and athletic staff.
No. I said “Hey, sucks for them”.

As far as money goes, OU made over 126 million last year. They’re perennially a top 10 earning program and estimated to be worth 885 million. Shall we discuss how lil bro compares?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
No. I said “Hey, sucks for them”.

As far as money goes, OU made over 126 million last year. They’re perennially a top 10 earning program and estimated to be worth 885 million. Shall we discuss how lil bro compares?
I love how sure you are of the numbers, even after porky lied about everything else you seem so sure those are true facts. Hasn't trying to defend mythical national championships taught you anything? Will the goons ever win a true champion on the field in a major men's sport?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
So you agree goon athletics is not a profitable enterprise for anyone other than the overpaid and underachieving coaching and athletic staff.
You worry about your overpaid and underachieving Gundy. You got zero reason to be slinging shit at a team winning the conference every year and contending for national titles.

Gundys one of the highest paid coaches in the nation and is consistently sniffing asses in a weak conference. Explain that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk