The Only Time DOK Mentions OSU Golf... (OU Golf Finishes Third, OSU Fourth In Separate Tournaments)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
OSU grads have better things to do on a beautiful Saturday than watch a meaningless practice.
Nobody is talking about Osu grads. We’re talking about the fans. And we know, football isn’t that big of a deal at osu. But nobody else really cares about wrestling and golf so football is what folks want to see most.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Nobody is talking about Osu grads. We’re talking about the fans. And we know, football isn’t that big of a deal at osu. But nobody else really cares about wrestling and golf so football is what folks want to see most.[/QUOTE

Apparently the only requirement for being a gooner is having less than 3 teeth, understandable why you have so many. ;)

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Nobody is talking about Osu grads. We’re talking about the fans. And we know, football isn’t that big of a deal at osu. But nobody else really cares about wrestling and golf so football is what folks want to see most.
Well in general our fans are also grads. Just because all of the slack jawed gas station employees in the state take a sick day to go to y'alls spring game doesn't mean we have to keep up with that expectation.

Also... you cared about golf when you won a title in it a couple of years ago.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Well in general our fans are also grads. Just because all of the slack jawed gas station employees in the state take a sick day to go to y'alls spring game doesn't mean we have to keep up with that expectation.

See the attached flow chart I created. Should clarify everything.

UO.jpg

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

In general? Do you have any actual information to corroborate that? I understand that there is a general feeling that most people who are fans of Oklahoma State are only fans because they have an association to them. I understand that it’s difficult for anyone to actually like them unless they went there. But it is true, there are actually fans at Oklahoma State who never step foot on campus, somehow. It must be noted that Osu is not the only school affected by this crazy phenomenon.

Do you honestly have the impression that only slack-jawed gas station yokels went to that game? Or are you living in your hatred so much that you can’t even see reality for what it is? I went to that game and most of the fans there were regular normal people with all their teeth, just like at almost every single sporting event I’ve ever been to In my entire life. The fact that 50,000 people went to that game on Friday night just shows you how much Oklahoma fans love their football. Nebraska had over 80,000, are they all gas station yokels too right?? Lol. I mean why would a doctor or engineer go to a football spring game? They’re Too educated for that.

I care about golf? Find me a single post where I have ever expressed any sort of interest or liking for golf. If you can find this, I’ll give you $50. I’m waiting.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
In general? Do you have any actual information to corroborate that? I understand that there is a general feeling that most people who are fans of Oklahoma State are only fans because they have an association to them. I understand that it’s difficult for anyone to actually like them unless they went there. But it is true, there are actually fans at Oklahoma State who never step foot on campus, somehow. It must be noted that Osu is not the only school affected by this crazy phenomenon.

Do you honestly have the impression that only slack-jawed gas station yokels went to that game? Or are you living in your hatred so much that you can’t even see reality for what it is? I went to that game and most of the fans there were regular normal people with all their teeth, just like at almost every single sporting event I’ve ever been to In my entire life. The fact that 50,000 people went to that game on Friday night just shows you how much Oklahoma fans love their football. Nebraska had over 80,000, are they all gas station yokels too right?? Lol. I mean why would a doctor or engineer go to a football spring game? They’re Too educated for that.

I care about golf? Find me a single post where I have ever expressed any sort of interest or liking for golf. If you can find this, I’ll give you $50. I’m waiting.
I'm sorry, but I have better things to do than argue with slack jawed inbreds on the internet.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

Let's clarify:

1. The heavy honeys clogging the aisles at Wal-Mart on that free electric shopping cart, wearing their goon gear and yelling at their children that are aiding in the clogging of said aisle are atypical goon fans?

2. Are you trying to say that the goon fandom is a more urbane, higher class group that only promotes positive fandom and love of the sport and others because they didn't attend the university?

3. It's your contention that a high number of goon fans are professionals?

4. Does having worked in a gas station in rural Oklahoma repairing tires make one a "slack jawed" yokel?

5. When you mouthed the crowd to insure that everyone had their teeth, did you wear rubber gloves?

6. Please explain the testing that went in to determine that the denizens of goonerhood are otherwise normal people?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I'm sorry, but I have better things to do than argue with slack jawed inbreds on the internet.
Herp derp, stellar response. You remind me of those people on social media who felt the need to tell everyone how they've proudly never seen an episode of game of thrones. Luckily you are here to let us know what's up!

Let's clarify:

1. The heavy honeys clogging the aisles at Wal-Mart on that free electric shopping cart, wearing their goon gear and yelling at their children that are aiding in the clogging of said aisle are atypical goon fans?

2. Are you trying to say that the goon fandom is a more urbane, higher class group that only promotes positive fandom and love of the sport and others because they didn't attend the university?

3. It's your contention that a high number of goon fans are professionals?

4. Does having worked in a gas station in rural Oklahoma repairing tires make one a "slack jawed" yokel?

5. When you mouthed the crowd to insure that everyone had their teeth, did you wear rubber gloves?

6. Please explain the testing that went in to determine that the denizens of goonerhood are otherwise normal people?
1. You know more about Walmart than I do. But to answer your question, no. You are describing the stereotypical uneducated, trashy and likely economically limited American, of which many are fans of college football. Weird how that works.

2. No

3. It's my contention that many of them are, as Sooner fans are just subset of americans. And any assorted subset of americans will have professional, and non professionals.

4. I don't know, you brought it up. I would guess no though because the size of the town in which you live or work does not necessitate your yokel jaw being slack.

5. What?

6. Please explain the testing that went into determine that the denizens of Sooner fandom are not atypical of college football fans throughout the country, or even atypical of the average person who lives in Oklahoma.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
So, about that DOK golf coverage?

Foitball, futbawl, football. You sooner fans would killl to get a swaller of that Lincoln Riley nut juice.