The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
So the person intimidated by the intricacies of her healthcare options should be trusted to construct, and pass, the laws deciding the healthcare for all of us?

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
So the person intimidated by the intricacies of her healthcare options should be trusted to construct, and pass, the laws deciding the healthcare for all of us?
Lmao... Can you imagine how smurfing incredible her ideas would make Obamacare look?!?!? This is the author of the idiocy known as the "Green New Deal" we are talking about here.

Obamacare would end up looking like it was authored by Socrates and Einstein.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I seriously doubt a freshman has anywhere near the power that you all seem to garnish upon her. 61 pages! Lol
Obamacare was 2300 pages.

Remember we had to pass it (which required Representatives to vote on it) to see what was in it.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
And? What’s that have to do with her goofiness?
She seems to be wringing her hands about the complexities of choosing between many options of established, well defined, turn key health plans. Yet we rely on her, and her colleagues to vote on very complex, lengthy bills making those rules and establishing the parameters of those plans she just said are too complicated for her to understand.

I don't know if goofy is the correct word.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
She seems to be wringing her hands about the complexities of choosing between many options of established, well defined, turn key health plans. Yet we rely on her, and her colleagues to vote on very complex, lengthy bills making those rules and establishing the parameters of those plans she just said are too complicated for her to understand.

I don't know if goofy is the correct word.
Gee I thought in a free country we got to choose our own words to describe things.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Gee I thought in a free country we got to choose our own words to describe things.
Absolutely. Just lately you have been extremely off on the words you choose.

Satire = lies (not humor)
Goofy = harmlessly eccentric, but totally qualified to create and make decisions for laws that will impact millions for ages

:derp:

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Absolutely. Just lately you have been extremely off on the words you choose.

Satire = lies (not humor)
Goofy = harmlessly eccentric, but totally qualified to create and make decisions for laws that will impact millions for ages

:derp:
Guess you’re pretty confident in your own perfection.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

This biggest misconception with "freedom of speech" is people think it means free from any repercussions for your words.

Nobody is throwing her in jail for her words, just mocking her.

Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
AOC is normal compared to Shiff,Nadler, Johnson, Cohen, Waters,Swallwell, etc,etc,etc. Whoops forgot Schumer, Feinstien, Bluminthal, the Clinton’s, the Biden’s, Mayor Pete etc, etc, etc.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Seriously...enough with this shit Rx.
You both had a role in what went on in the other thread and your look like you itching for this one to go the same way.
If you need a longer break I will be happy to oblige.
In this particular post... pretty sure he's not serious here. Just razzing me.