The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
She is going to "dumb stunt" and "stupid" her way right out of office.

I've flipped on this. I now just refuse to believe the people in her district are dumb enough to reelect this ignorant ass. I realize she was stupid before she got elected, but her platform was smaller. She's on the national stage now, and her ignorance and stupidity and just plain dumb is on display for the whole country to see. I think her and the other 2 are going to fight an uphill battle to get reelected.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
She is going to "dumb stunt" and "stupid" her way right out of office.

I've flipped on this. I now just refuse to believe the people in her district are dumb enough to reelect this ignorant ass. I realize she was stupid before she got elected, but her platform was smaller. She's on the national stage now, and her ignorance and stupidity and just plain dumb is on display for the whole country to see. I think her and the other 2 are going to fight an uphill battle to get reelected.
No, if Trump can get reelected after what he has said and done, then surely AOC can get reelected, too.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
There was a poll recently in her district and it didn't look very good for her. Her primary had very low turnout which she capitalized on, perhaps a primary challenger would unseat her but she would still win in a general.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
There was a poll recently in her district and it didn't look very good for her. Her primary had very low turnout which she capitalized on, perhaps a primary challenger would unseat her but she would still win in a general.
All 3 of them (you know who) will have to get beat in a primary, I think. I dunno. She drew something like 16-17,000 in the primary and only 110-120,000 or so in the general. If enough pissed off people from her district find their way to the polls, I suppose it could happen, but I'd imagine a much more moderate D might be able to primary them because of what an embarrassment they've been. I think I even heard Omar's hometown paper that supported her in her election has turned against her because of all her issues, and not all of them related to her ignorant mouth. I think the tax returns and marrying her brother in order to commit immigration fraud might be calling some chickens home to roost. I don't know much about the other one, except she voted against the border aid bill and has been bucking the Speaker every step of the way. No clue her standing in her district.

I think all the fake news about the name calling I saw the other day is just that, it's fake. I know they don't get along or play well with the moderate or even far left D's, because they're so far left, but until leadership starts stripping them of their committee seats, it's all just bullshit.

We'll see. They're prolly all destined to long, long legislative careers, and will draw lifelong pensions and health care the rest of us peons could only dream of. .

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
All 3 of them (you know who) will have to get beat in a primary, I think. I dunno. She drew something like 16-17,000 in the primary and only 110-120,000 or so in the general. If enough pissed off people from her district find their way to the polls, I suppose it could happen, but I'd imagine a much more moderate D might be able to primary them because of what an embarrassment they've been. I think I even heard Omar's hometown paper that supported her in her election has turned against her because of all her issues, and not all of them related to her ignorant mouth. I think the tax returns and marrying her brother in order to commit immigration fraud might be calling some chickens home to roost. I don't know much about the other one, except she voted against the border aid bill and has been bucking the Speaker every step of the way. No clue her standing in her district.

I think all the fake news about the name calling I saw the other day is just that, it's fake. I know they don't get along or play well with the moderate or even far left D's, because they're so far left, but until leadership starts stripping them of their committee seats, it's all just bullshit.

We'll see. They're prolly all destined to long, long legislative careers, and will draw lifelong pensions and health care the rest of us peons could only dream of. .
She has tried threatening other Dems by saying she will run primary opponents against them, that's not going to help her in the House.