The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
No, RXCowboy, you're WRONG . AOC is merely criticizing her determined critics and won't submit to them as badly as they want her to. Ever heard of you gotta give some and you gotta take some? She isn't trying to silence them. Instead, she may be making them feel like they need to step it up, certainly not cease.
But she definitely believes she is now "in power."

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
AOC is right to some extent. How else are disabled people supposed to have a home, along with health insurance and housekeeping, too, other than through taxation, an example from taxing profits?
nope... that is absolutely not true, and it's rude and insensitive. You should be ashamed.

"disabled" (as you label them), want a job, not handouts... just like every other decent American in the country.

Perhaps you meant to say "indigent", or perhaps incapacitated, or debilitated, or infirmed.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
AOC is right to some extent. How else are disabled people supposed to have a home, along with health insurance and housekeeping, too, other than through taxation, an example from taxing profits?
What's the "guarantee to having a home" she's spouting off about? I wasn't aware that I'm "guaranteed" a home.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
nope... that is absolutely not true, and it's rude and insensitive. You should be ashamed.

"disabled" (as you label them), want a job, not handouts... just like every other decent American in the country.

Perhaps you meant to say "indigent", or perhaps incapacitated, or debilitated, or infirmed.
Like it or not, disability is a word used by Social Security. Some on disability would really want a job, if they didn't have to fear losing their disability benefits. They can hopefully get around it by asking to be paid in cash, if possible.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Like it or not, disability is a word used by Social Security. Some on disability would really want a job, if they didn't have to fear losing their disability benefits. They can hopefully get around it by asking to be paid in cash, if possible.
thanks for the clarification, I thought you were talking about handicapped (or is it physically challenged now).

I just wonder why so many Americans all of the sudden became "disabled" once Obama got into Office.

The liberal Center for American Progress has opined that "the program provides strong incentives to applicants and beneficiaries to remain permanently out of the labor force, and it provides no incentive to employers to implement cost-effective accommodations that enable employees with work limitations to remain on the job. … Too many work-capable individuals involuntarily exit the labor force and apply for, and often receive, SSDI."

The supporting numbers are disheartening at best: In 1983, 163 per 1,000 SSDI beneficiaries terminated benefits and left the program. Today, that number has plunged to 74 per 1,000. A Heritage Foundation analyst reports that the increase in SSDI rolls accounts for one-third of the drop in U.S. labor force participation from 2007 to 2011, its lowest level since 1981.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/bs-xpm-2013-03-03-bs-ed-ehrlich-ssdi-20130303-story.html

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Free tents, let them erect tents and call it home.
Haha. If the government houses illegal aliens in tents there is a national outcry from the MSM and liberal politicians. If states/municipalities try to house prison inmates in tents there is not only an outcry, but civil suits filed in th name of "cruel and unusual punishment." You want to put recipients of government disability benefits in tents? Good luck with that one!

(I'd actually be in favor of putting all those folks in tents, other than those too disabled to live that way. And I get to decide who they are.)