The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
The Constitution doesn't grant rights. It limits the government's incursion on certain rights.
Bill of RIGHTS are part of the Constitution, but if you want to get technical, then where is it written the general public has a right to government-owned land?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Bill of RIGHTS are part of the Constitution, but if you want to get technical, then where is it written the general public has a right to government-owned land?
I thought the "Bill of Rights" was an express limit on Federal Governance, not a granting of something that is already ours. The constitution says that all rights are ours (or the States) unless we grant those rights to the Feds.

The Constitution established that everything is our right, and not the Right of the government.

Personally speaking, there should be no federal lands aside from perhaps a few National Parks, and all land should belong under the jurisdiction of the States. Those Sovereign entities, that the Feds keep trying to dominate.

Aug 16, 2012
Not my fault you're a liberal puss that doesn't like to hunt or fish.
There you go again, ill-informed as always. Reagan in 1980 from the firehouse on the east side of Boomer Lake and have gone (R) every since. There is nothing liberal about me. As for the puss part, any retort could be perceived as nothing more than anonymous internet bravado, but I ask you, have you ever driven an 18' jet ski boat with only a 10" draft, dual Gale Banks exhaust turbochargers on a Chevy 454 at 118 mph? Ever stood on the smoke baffle outside 1415 Willham South without a harness to repair a window? How about rappel down the side of Willham South to investigate brick wyeth movement? Walked the top plate of a third floor 2x4 exterior wall without a harness to load and set trusses? How about launched off a 30-meter ski jump? Because I do not hunt (not interested but love shooting guns at the range) or fish (boring) does not make one a puss.

But again, you had no reply, just ad hominems. I bet your dog cowers in the corner every time you come home. You are obviously one of the most miserable human beings I have ever encountered. You go out of your way to be adversarial instead of engage in constructive debate.

Aug 16, 2012
I thought the "Bill of Rights" was an express limit on Federal Governance, not a granting of something that is already ours. The constitution says that all rights are ours (or the States) unless we grant those rights to the Feds.

The Constitution established that everything is our right, and not the Right of the government.

Personally speaking, there should be no federal lands aside from perhaps a few National Parks, and all land should belong under the jurisdiction of the States. Those Sovereign entities, that the Feds keep trying to dominate.
Semantics to debate the Bill of Rights vs. the Constitution as they are all the Constitution and the document does establish many of our rights, none of which are the right to access land owned by the government.

Per your last, I completely agree. It would also pare down one of the most bloated, corrupt federal agencies there is.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It's moronic to think that Cruz is stupid. He's argued more cases in front of SCOTUS than any other senator. Don't spew such ignorant statements you know to be false.
Anybody that opposes public land and wants to restrict my access to those resources for hunting, fishing, and recreation is an idiot. I don't care where they went to college. I don't care what lobbyist they're buddied up with. I don't care how much money they are worth.

I have a right to the public land in this great nation, and anybody that wants to restrict that access or constrict the amount of public land is my enemy.
So anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot got it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
So anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot got it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Welcome to the OP board. CTP spends more time trying to insult someone as he does contributing to the discussion. His life is perfect, everything he does is perfect and the only game in town. The rest of us are just plebes, begging for crumbs from his table. So he says.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
What would you call grown men that get offended at a 21 year old girl flipping a bat in celebration?
In a 46 page thread, that ranges from Cowgirl softball, to sportsmanship, to the Bill of Rights, it might be a little hard to know who & what you're even talking about, especially given the varying range of comments on the multiple topics here.

Now that I know what you're talking about, as I said earlier, I'm right there with ya. The stupid "unwritten rules" are arcane & I could care less about them.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
In a 46 page thread, that ranges from Cowgirl softball, to sportsmanship, to the Bill of Rights, it might be a little hard to know who & what you're even talking about, especially given the varying range of comments on the multiple topics here.

Now that I know what you're talking about, as I said earlier, I'm right there with ya. The stupid "unwritten rules" are arcane & I could care less about them.
yet, you continue to post about them...........

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Semantics to debate the Bill of Rights vs. the Constitution as they are all the Constitution and the document does establish many of our rights, none of which are the right to access land owned by the government.

Per your last, I completely agree. It would also pare down one of the most bloated, corrupt federal agencies there is.
you misunderstood my statements. The Constitution is BOTH the original document AND all of the Amendments. I did not debate the Bill of Rights vs. the Constitution.

I did say that the Constitution establishes that ALL RIGHTS belong to the People (or the State). So the Constitution DOES ESTABLISH rights. The so-called Bill of Rights simply enshrines some of those rights as an example of what the Feds are told to keep their hands off of.

Jefferson originally opposed the Bill of Rights, because he said it was redundant, and would only lead to the Citizens and Government fighting over the semantics of the statements....

and he was correct. (e.g., what is meant by a militia... nonsense)