The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
You didn't read the articles because they referenced CDC data even. The lies told about coat hangers in alleys and 1000's of women dying... All lies. And honestly the biggest lie is that it was illegal before roe. It was legal but each state determined for themselves the restraints.
Another lie is that there are no pro life women. People refuse to hear them. They exist and they have a voice. They have brains and think for themselves. And they love those babies.

Read this thread and realize you've been lied to.
https://twitter.com/TuttleSinger/status/1128739808178843649?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Adopted a child. Any other questions?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Exodus 21:22-25: When men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
You didn't read the articles because they referenced CDC data even. The lies told about coat hangers in alleys and 1000's of women dying... All lies. And honestly the biggest lie is that it was illegal before roe. It was legal but each state determined for themselves the restraints.
Another lie is that there are no pro life women. People refuse to hear them. They exist and they have a voice. They have brains and think for themselves. And they love those babies.

Read this thread and realize you've been lied to.
https://twitter.com/TuttleSinger/status/1128739808178843649?s=19

No, you're WRONG. Abortion was illegal in the majority of states before 1973. So no wonder there was a need for such a case as Roe v. Wade.

Those articles you cite made estimates all over the place about how things were before 1973. The truth will never be known since you can't keep records on something that isn't supposed to exist in the first place because it's banned.

It is a matter of fact that countries, such as Romania and Ireland have found from the past that trying to ban all abortion doesn't work and leads to more deaths and suffering than it's worth. Therefore, abortion is legal on demand in those two countries during the first trimester. It would be morally irresponsible for this country to repeat what those countries went through from banning all abortion.

Israel has some of the most liberal abortion regulations in the world, yet I never read Trump or anybody else complaining about it after sending billion$ in aid to that country every year.

Is the baby any better off when the abortion done is illegal, rather than legal? The answer is no and why abortion should remain safe, rare and legal.

Jul 20, 2018
No, you're WRONG. Abortion was illegal in the majority of states before 1973. So no wonder there was a need for such a case as Roe v. Wade.

Those articles you cite made estimates all over the place about how things were before 1973. The truth will never be known since you can't keep records on something that isn't supposed to exist in the first place because it's banned.

It is a matter of fact that countries, such as Romania and Ireland have found from the past that trying to ban all abortion doesn't work and leads to more deaths and suffering than it's worth. Therefore, abortion is legal on demand in those two countries during the first trimester. It would be morally irresponsible for this country to repeat what those countries went through from banning all abortion.

Israel has some of the most liberal abortion regulations in the world, yet I never read Trump or anybody else complaining about it after sending billion$ in aid to that country every year.

Is the baby any better off when the abortion done is illegal, rather than legal? The answer is no and why abortion should remain safe, rare and legal.
But abortions aren't rare.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Exodus 21:22-25: When men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
Interesting...
https://biblehub.com/exodus/21-22.htm

I did see that passage but I didn't notice the translation you went with. I wonder why many just translate to premature birth but then a few translate as miscarriage?... When I read "born prematurely but no harm follows", I was reading that as in no harm to mother or child. I wonder why those few translations make it just about the mother?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Also, and I know this thought doesn't even occur to AOC in the least, Clinton actually did lie under oath, which is a crime. Trump has committed no crime.....but I agree with Warthog, if The Dems believe he did, they need to quit talking about it and do it already.
Of course most of us know that the Dems don't actually want to impeach, at least not yet. They want to talk about it in the media 24 hours a day for the next 15 months, then they'll impeach. Or, they're saving it for when the investigation into the witch hunt starts showing some results, then they'll impeach to distract people from that scandal.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Huh... Did I miss that Yucca plant she had growing in her non-colonial rooftop garden??
Woops, I think she actually did mean Yuca which is something similar but different. I'll give AOC a point for that one.
But Yuca grows in tropical regions. You are less likely to find those in America. And growing would take a lot more water than other root vegetables wouldn't it? How green is that?