The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Guys how many of you have ever changed brake fluid? I have added brake fluid, changed brake pads and bled brake fluid, I have changed a brake line and then bled the line and added fluid. I'm calling BS on this one. Didn't the Challenger blow up?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Guys how many of you have ever changed brake fluid? I have added brake fluid, changed brake pads and bled brake fluid, I have changed a brake line and then bled the line and added fluid. I'm calling BS on this one. Didn't the Challenger blow up?
Her knowledge of changing brake fluid is right up there with her knowledge of economics.

She's said some absolutely ridiculous things, but what she said after Amazon backed out may have topped them all.

Amazon was gonna pay $30 billion in taxes to NY, & get $3 billion back over 10 years, obviously netting the state $27 billion. That's not to mention the jobs.

Her idea? The state's better off using that $3 billion on various programs, etc...

The problem? You don't HAVE the $3 billion, let alone the other $27 billion, & the jobs have vanished.

Absolutely beyond the pale of idiocy.

Jul 20, 2018
Yep. I've changed fluid and flushed brake lines. Brake fluid is very corrosive. Of course, I only do this on vehicles I plan to keep for a very long time.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Maybe she meant blinker fluid....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
She's an idiot. That isn't debatable, but we are foolish to dismiss her and her followers and supporters.

She is dangerous, and the threat is real.

We ignore the danger at our own peril.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I have done a good bit of work on my own cars, but I wouldn't attempt brake lines. You have to really know what you are doing or you kill someone. It is pure bs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Jeez... So 27k [link] people bothered to vote in the primary then 141k [link] in the general (whom she got 110k of)?? That's a LOT of people that didn't give a rats ass who was going to be on the Dem ticket...
I believe far far far too many people ignore the primary elections in this country. If you're going to go vote in the general election based solely on the the letter next to a person's name, then deciding who that person is should be of even more importance to you. Apathy, the political parties love it.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
I have done a good bit of work on my own cars, but I wouldn't attempt brake lines. You have to really know what you are doing or you kill someone. It is pure bs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Spoken like a true academic. I would not recommend engaging your brake mechanic in casual conversation, as you will leave it with fear and forevoding of the mishaps to come. Sure, you have to know what you’re doing, like changing lightbulbs, or mowing a yard, or you can get hurt.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
We bought my Martin DCPA and my wife bought her Strat at good old brick and mortar Guitar Center. Will have to give Sweetwater a try for the next guitar.
Please try to find a local guitar shop. In Dallas, Tone Shop is the way to go. I was a big fan of Rawson in OKC. Firey Guitars in Tulsa.

Guitar Center sucks.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Please try to find a local guitar shop. In Dallas, Tone Shop is the way to go. I was a big fan of Rawson in OKC. Firey Guitars in Tulsa.

Guitar Center sucks.
The Guitar Center in Denton is actually really great. Very nice people and most of them bona fide musicians. That being said, we do plan to purchase an SG a bit later this year at the Tone Shop down in Addison. Great store, for sure!

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
The Guitar Center in Denton is actually really great. Very nice people and most of them bona fide musicians. That being said, we do plan to purchase an SG a bit later this year at the Tone Shop down in Addison. Great store, for sure!
Well yeah people who are studying music at UNT need somewhere to work! That program is such a hidden gym that has really led to some incredible music coming out of DFW.

It's fun that there are several on this board that would have that program abolished from all colleges.