The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I’m curious, where does she live now and how does she pay rent? Or did we elect someone to the US Congress that lives for free in their parents basement?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I’m curious, where does she live now and how does she pay rent? Or did we elect someone to the US Congress that lives for free in their parents basement?
We? You got a mouse in your pocket? Lol

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
It is kind of an issue. Yall bitch about her but this is someone who is clearly not a career politician and didn't buy their way into office. Regardless of political affiliation I think more people like her in Congress is a good thing. But now she has to maintain residences in two of the most expensive places to live in the country.

I'd think some sort of housing stipend for congressmen helps this but it is an issue. You want more middle class in Congress instead of the 1% then we need to make sure salary isn't an issue.

Mar 11, 2006
It is kind of an issue. Yall bitch about her but this is someone who is clearly not a career politician and didn't buy their way into office. Regardless of political affiliation I think more people like her in Congress is a good thing. But now she has to maintain residences in two of the most expensive places to live in the country.

I'd think some sort of housing stipend for congressmen helps this but it is an issue. You want more middle class in Congress instead of the 1% then we need to make sure salary isn't an issue.
I understand your point overall about good to have a non career politician. But she is clearly fairly ignorant of a lot of important items. Maybe she can educate herself quickly, but I don’t understand how someone can currently view her as qualified.

Jul 20, 2018
I understand your point overall about good to have a non career politician. But she is clearly fairly ignorant of a lot of important items. Maybe she can educate herself quickly, but I don’t understand how someone can currently view her as qualified.
The dims have a long history of this. Most notably, Barry the Community Organizer has never accomplished a thing.

If this chick can't make it on $150k per year, something is wrong. Besides, I guarantee you she'll have a fat bank account very shortly.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The dims have a long history of this. Most notably, Barry the Community Organizer has never accomplished a thing.

If this chick can't make it on $150k per year, something is wrong. Besides, I guarantee you she'll have a fat bank account very shortly.
Her salary doesn't kick in until she takes office, that's what she's whining about.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

Didn't "buy her way into office"? Yeah, right, and Santa Clause didn't buy his way down your Chimney either.

Promising people crap out of my pocket IS BUYING YOUR WAY INTO OFFICE!!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Didn't "buy her way into office"? Yeah, right, and Santa Clause didn't buy his way down your Chimney either.

Promising people crap out of my pocket IS BUYING YOUR WAY INTO OFFICE!!
She didn't buy her primary win, her opponent outspent her. In the general election she essentially ran unopposed because Republicans have no chance in that district.